Conspiracy Theory Cult Mindset

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
We need a team of sociologists and psychologists to round up these "truthers" and see if we can figure out what causes this type of cultish mass delusion. I'm guessing key factors are this modern You-tube age in which everyone thinks his/her voice and opinion matters and has value.

Lonely, disenfranchised people are suddenly finding meaning and purpose to their lives via YouTube and blogging. Just because you can record video of yourself and post it for others to see, doesn't mean what you're saying has any real value. I think people get caught up in the notion that because I have "views" on YouTube that means I must be on to something and therefore important because people are listening to me. They start to lose all perspective on reality and decency and living in this far-fetched Hollywood fantasy world in which secret cabals and governments are organizing against them. That delusion of persecution in itself makes them feel more important, like they're in "the know" and the rest of us mourning the tragedy are just "sheep". They become very arrogant and hostile when confronted because accepting the truth would mean accepting that, for a time, they let themselves become the mental equivalent of a child who believes magic is real and, furthermore, their actions and words crossed the lines of moral decency as they potentially caused additional harm to grieving families (like the Westboro inbreds protesting funerals).

I think some very bright people with great potential arrive at a place in their lives of profound disappointment, feeling that time is running out and their existence has served no real purpose. So they begin aggressively tilting at windmills, and when the we challenge them, they become all the more convinced they're doing something important--they are the star of their own real-life action thriller and men in surveillance vans are watching them.

To accept that no one really cares and Alex Jones is just a huckster con-man playing on their fears and paranoia to sell DVDs, would mean admitting that were fools easily manipulated by someone they trusted. A hard pill to swallow.

39768_zpsku0xagng.jpg

Really its as much a matter of blind faith to accept the 19 radical hijackers story as anything.... Personally I pay no attention at all to the people running the side show sorts of acts ( Alex Jones etc... ) and really sticking to the serious physics as to what happened, what was alleged to have happened and what is totally impossible ( that is the Pentagon crash ).

Have fun with that fairy tale about 19 suicidal Arabs.

We need a team of sociologists and psychologists to round up these "truthers" and see if we can figure out what causes this type of cultish mass delusion. I'm guessing key factors are this modern You-tube age in which everyone thinks his/her voice and opinion matters and has value.

Lonely, disenfranchised people are suddenly finding meaning and purpose to their lives via YouTube and blogging. Just because you can record video of yourself and post it for others to see, doesn't mean what you're saying has any real value. I think people get caught up in the notion that because I have "views" on YouTube that means I must be on to something and therefore important because people are listening to me. They start to lose all perspective on reality and decency and living in this far-fetched Hollywood fantasy world in which secret cabals and governments are organizing against them. That delusion of persecution in itself makes them feel more important, like they're in "the know" and the rest of us mourning the tragedy are just "sheep". They become very arrogant and hostile when confronted because accepting the truth would mean accepting that, for a time, they let themselves become the mental equivalent of a child who believes magic is real and, furthermore, their actions and words crossed the lines of moral decency as they potentially caused additional harm to grieving families (like the Westboro inbreds protesting funerals).

I think some very bright people with great potential arrive at a place in their lives of profound disappointment, feeling that time is running out and their existence has served no real purpose. So they begin aggressively tilting at windmills, and when the we challenge them, they become all the more convinced they're doing something important--they are the star of their own real-life action thriller and men in surveillance vans are watching them.

To accept that no one really cares and Alex Jones is just a huckster con-man playing on their fears and paranoia to sell DVDs, would mean admitting that were fools easily manipulated by someone they trusted. A hard pill to swallow.

Bravo.
They seem to range from hucksters (just in it for the money, fame and glory) to absolute batshit paranoid loons. For an extreme example of the latter, see any of Katsung47's posts. One can only wonder how some of these foil-haters function in the real world.

Q. How desperately lonely and in need of attention are people who run multiple sock accounts?

It could be expressed in any case that the supporters of the official fairly tale are as much cult members as anybody because there is so little real evidence to support the claim that suicidal hijackers took control of airliners and used said airliners as weapons. + the fact that the collapse events of WTC1, 2 & 7 are obviously controlled demolitions. GET REAL PEOPLE!

It could be expressed in any case that the supporters of the official fairly tale are as much cult members as anybody because there is so little real evidence to support the claim that suicidal hijackers took control of airliners and used said airliners as weapons. + the fact that the collapse events of WTC1, 2 & 7 are obviously controlled demolitions. GET REAL PEOPLE!

I know it's cliché, but denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

We're talking about a paradigmatic-shifting realization here. Not everyone is emotionally equipped to handle it well.

I know it's cliché, but denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

We're talking about a paradigmatic-shifting realization here. Not everyone is emotionally equipped to handle it well.

:lmao: A "paradigmatic-shifting realization?" Really dude ... what the hell is wrong with you? :lmao:

...A "paradigmatic-shifting realization?"...
Without a doubt. For formerly ignorant US citizens in particular, it's the sort of thing that really should force us all to take stock of our beliefs and reevaluate everything we thought we knew about the machinations of the power-elite and the modes by which they manipulate/rule the masses. Speaking from direct experience, it's a life-changing revelation.

Really its as much a matter of blind faith to accept the 19 radical hijackers story as anything.... Personally I pay no attention at all to the people running the side show sorts of acts ( Alex Jones etc... ) and really sticking to the serious physics as to what happened, what was alleged to have happened and what is totally impossible ( that is the Pentagon crash ).

Have fun with that fairy tale about 19 suicidal Arabs.
exactly.talk about someone with fairy tales.lol:asshole:

yep its a hard pill for you 9/11 apologists to swallow that you are blind sheep who cant face facts.everything you mentioned in your babbling rant there describes all you blind sheep 9/11 apologists down to a tee.:lmao::lmao:

Oh and love how you make up lies when its you 9/11 apologists who are blind arrogant sheep that are the ones that get angry when you cant counter facts and then start throwing insults everytime you are cornered with them and run off with your tail between your legs when challenged to debunk videos of facts.:lmao:

you blind sheep worship what the CIA controlled media tells you no matter HOW absurd their explanation is. so blind sheep describes you fools perfectly.:laugh:

you nutcases have the warped logic that our corrupt government institutions and media that you blindly obviously worship are god and can do know wrong blindly accepting what THEY tell you instead of listening to experts in their fileds like demolition experts,architects and engineers,expert pilots from around the world,and high ranking senior military officers.better get off the crack you been smoking the fact you are insulting all these experts here.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Patriots Question 9 11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9 11 Commission Report

Love how all you government ass kissers make up lies that Jones is the only one saying it when jones actually knows what he is talking aboitu because unlike you lonely idiots,he lloks at both sides of the coin and actually interviews these experts in this link.:lmao:

Last edited:
oh and since you have the conspiracy mindset that 19 Islamic highjackers were behind it all and you cant handle the truth it was the CIA and mossad,you should consult this phyciatrist here.she can help you deal with the fears you have that the government did it.lol

yep its a hard pill for you 9/11 apologists to swallow that you are blind sheep who cant face facts.everything you mentioned in your babbling rant there describes all you blind sheep 9/11 apologists down to a tee.:lmao::lmao:

Oh and love how you make up lies when its you 9/11 apologists who are blind arrogant sheep that are the ones that get angry when you cant counter facts and then start throwing insults everytime you are cornered with them and run off with your tail between your legs when challenged to debunk videos of facts.:lmao:

you blind sheep worship what the CIA controlled media tells you no matter HOW absurd their explanation is. so blind sheep describes you fools perfectly.:laugh:

you nutcases have the warped logic that our corrupt government institutions and media that you blindly obviously worship are god and can do know wrong blindly accepting what THEY tell you instead of listening to experts in their fileds like demolition experts,architects and engineers,expert pilots from around the world,and high ranking senior military officers.better get off the crack you been smoking the fact you are insulting all these experts here.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Patriots Question 9 11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9 11 Commission Report

Love how all you government ass kissers make up lies that Jones is the only one saying it when jones actually knows what he is talking aboitu because unlike you lonely idiots,he lloks at both sides of the coin and actually interviews these experts in this link.:lmao:

Still bangin' away and getting nowhere, Princess? I see you are still a 4%er which represents the rate at which other posters give you an "I agree" or "thanks" for something you say. Evidently virtually no one wants their SN associated with any of the silliness that rolls off your keyboard. Either that or no one agrees with anything you say. Carry on.

Ahhh yes. The progressives and their ever present desire to round up, and toss in concentration camps those they don't like. What's next Hazel?

Forum List

Back