Consider the Race card played...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040912/D8524CP00.html

Waiting alittle long to use it, but the race card has now been pulled by the Dems.

Kerry Hints GOP May Suppress Black Votes

Email this Story

Sep 12, 8:51 AM (ET)

By NEDRA PICKLER

WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry suggested Saturday night that Republicans may try to keep black voters from casting their ballots to help President Bush win in November. "We are not going to stand by and allow another million African American votes to go uncounted in this election," the Democratic presidential nominee told the Congressional Black Caucus.

"We are not going to stand by and allow acts of voter suppression, and we're hearing those things again in this election."

Kerry has a team of lawyers to examine possible voting problems to try to prevent a repeat of the 2000 election disputes. He also has said he has thousands of lawyers around the country prepared to monitor the polls on election day.

"What they did in Florida in 2000, some say they may be planning to do this year in battleground states all across this country," Kerry said. "Well, we are here to let them know that we will fight tooth and nail to make sure that this time, every vote is counted and every vote counts."

Bush-Cheney spokesman Steve Schmidt said the campaign would not respond to Kerry's "baseless, divisive attacks" until Sunday. "Today is a day of remembrance," he said.

The Massachusetts senator also criticized the president for failing to meet with the caucus since his first month in office and for what he said was a failure to meet the Biblical standard set by the Good Samaritan to help others in need.

Blacks are one of the most loyal Democratic voting blocks, and Kerry needs to bring them to the ballot box if he is to overcome his trail in the polls and defeat in Bush. Kerry opened by joking about how CBC Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., has an easier race ahead than he.

"The latest survey has him up 80-20, so I said, "Want to trade?" Kerry said.

Earlier Saturday, Kerry recalled the good works done in memory of those who died in the Sept. 11 terrorist strikes that killed nearly 3,000 people.

"While Sept. 11th was the worst day we have ever seen, it brought out the best in all of us," Kerry told families of Massachusetts victims during a memorial at the Boston Opera House. He delivered the same message in the weekly Democratic radio address.

"In the years ahead, we will share its lessons with our children and grandchildren," he said. "We will tell them that on Sept. 11, ordinary men and women became heroes at a moment's notice - and so can you. We will tell them that we were strong because we took care of each other - and so can you."

At 8:46 a.m. - the moment three years ago that American Airlines Flight 11 hit the north tower - Kerry was visiting a memorial to Massachusetts victims. He laid white lilies at the memorial, located in Boston's Public Garden, then attended a private breakfast with families of the victims before the memorial service.

The two hijacked planes that crashed at the World Trade Center originated at Boston's Logan Airport. Victims of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon included nearly 200 people who either lived in Massachusetts or had ties to the state.

Kerry also issued a statement Saturday calling on Bush to release a 2001 report by the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board that reportedly recommended a major restructuring of the U.S. intelligence community, including establishing a single intelligence director.

The board's chairman, retired Lt. Gen. Brent Scowcroft, was national security adviser under Bush's father and President Ford.

"The White House has held this important report under wraps for nearly three years while resisting efforts to strengthen the intelligence services that are essential to preventing terrorist attacks and protecting our nation," Kerry said in the statement. "What is the White House hiding? Why shouldn't the Congress and the American people be able to fully consider General Scowcroft's recommendations?"

If they keep pushing it, maybe they'll piss some people off. There was a small stir earlier this year regarding black voters. I remember seeing more on television but the only thing I could find now was this little bit.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-mitch27.html

It almost whispers, but a telling paragraph is this one:

"So it is not surprising President Bush's remarks before the National Urban League, in which he accused the Democratic Party of taking the African-American vote for granted, were downplayed by some delegates. Few were willing to admit Bush poked a sore spot."

Jimmyeatworld said:
If they keep pushing it, maybe they'll piss some people off. There was a small stir earlier this year regarding black voters. I remember seeing more on television but the only thing I could find now was this little bit.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-mitch27.html

It almost whispers, but a telling paragraph is this one:

"So it is not surprising President Bush's remarks before the National Urban League, in which he accused the Democratic Party of taking the African-American vote for granted, were downplayed by some delegates. Few were willing to admit Bush poked a sore spot."

I hope more are able to realize the truth of the matter and things get switched around a bit. I dont think they blacks realize the power they could have had if they hadnt voted so much for Democrats that it was almost a garunteed.

If you have a small yet vital group and they all vote the same way they could have used it to get the candidates debating on issues that helped them and which ever one supported them vote that way and if they didnt follow through with their promises, they could have protested by voting against them the next time. Cohesive groups have alot of power if they use it intelligently. problem is the self proclaimed leadership of Jackson and Sharpton dont seem to understand this fairly simple political concept.

insein said:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040912/D8524CP00.html

Waiting alittle long to use it, but the race card has now been pulled by the Dems.

OH...MAH....GAWD. Now I have read everything. I thought the forged documents were low. This is way worse. Do they really think that the black community is THAT stupid? If I were black, I would be insulted by their assuming that I would fall for this, and their superiority complex

fuzzykitten99 said:
OH...MAH....GAWD. Now I have read everything. I thought the forged documents were low. This is way worse. Do they really think that the black community is THAT stupid? If I were black, I would be insulted by their assuming that I would fall for this, and their superiority complex

After the 2000 election, dozens of black representatives from Florida stood before the Senate, each one imploring senators to deny certification of the 2000 election results due to discouragement and elimination of black voters from the rolls. It happened then and it could happen again, I think it's very very important to avoid it.

Does anyone remember the ads running back in 2000 in which they blamed Bush for what happened to the man who was dragged by chain behind a truck.....they tried to make the link that Bush did not pass hate crime legislation, but in fact his state had the death penalty in place for all crimes of murder.
To me that goes way beyond the pale of race baiting. don't be surprised to see some of that again, the more desperate the Dems get the worse the ads will get!

Bonnie said:
Does anyone remember the ads running back in 2000 in which they blamed Bush for what happened to the man who was dragged by chain behind a truck.....they tried to make the link that Bush did not pass hate crime legislation, but in fact his state had the death penalty in place for all crimes of murder.
To me that goes way beyond the pale of race baiting. don't be surprised to see some of that again, the more desperate the Dems get the worse the ads will get!

I think thanks to the evolution of the new media though, that the people will finally see through the bullshit. The worse the ads, the bigger the dive the dems will take.

nakedemperor said:
After the 2000 election, dozens of black representatives from Florida stood before the Senate, each one imploring senators to deny certification of the 2000 election results due to discouragement and elimination of black voters from the rolls. It happened then and it could happen again, I think it's very very important to avoid it.

Another BS libby myth about 2000

Immediately following the contested 2000 presidential election, The U.S Commission on Civil Rights (hereinafter 'the Commission') conducted a six-month investigation into Florida's election. The result? The Commission found absolutely no evidence of systematic disenfranchisement of black voters. Furthermore, the investigation found no credible evidence that any Floridians were INTENTIONALLY denied the right to vote in the 2000 election.

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/08092004.shtml

Forum List

Back