Consider the Race card played...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insein, Sep 12, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040912/D8524CP00.html

Waiting alittle long to use it, but the race card has now been pulled by the Dems.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
  3. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    If they keep pushing it, maybe they'll piss some people off. There was a small stir earlier this year regarding black voters. I remember seeing more on television but the only thing I could find now was this little bit.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-mitch27.html

It almost whispers, but a telling paragraph is this one:

"So it is not surprising President Bush's remarks before the National Urban League, in which he accused the Democratic Party of taking the African-American vote for granted, were downplayed by some delegates. Few were willing to admit Bush poked a sore spot."

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    I hope more are able to realize the truth of the matter and things get switched around a bit. I dont think they blacks realize the power they could have had if they hadnt voted so much for Democrats that it was almost a garunteed.

If you have a small yet vital group and they all vote the same way they could have used it to get the candidates debating on issues that helped them and which ever one supported them vote that way and if they didnt follow through with their promises, they could have protested by voting against them the next time. Cohesive groups have alot of power if they use it intelligently. problem is the self proclaimed leadership of Jackson and Sharpton dont seem to understand this fairly simple political concept.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199

OH...MAH....GAWD. Now I have read everything. I thought the forged documents were low. This is way worse. Do they really think that the black community is THAT stupid? If I were black, I would be insulted by their assuming that I would fall for this, and their superiority complex

6. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    After the 2000 election, dozens of black representatives from Florida stood before the Senate, each one imploring senators to deny certification of the 2000 election results due to discouragement and elimination of black voters from the rolls. It happened then and it could happen again, I think it's very very important to avoid it.

7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Maybe they should get to the polls before they close next time. :duh3:

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Does anyone remember the ads running back in 2000 in which they blamed Bush for what happened to the man who was dragged by chain behind a truck.....they tried to make the link that Bush did not pass hate crime legislation, but in fact his state had the death penalty in place for all crimes of murder.
    To me that goes way beyond the pale of race baiting. don't be surprised to see some of that again, the more desperate the Dems get the worse the ads will get!

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I think thanks to the evolution of the new media though, that the people will finally see through the bullshit. The worse the ads, the bigger the dive the dems will take.

10. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Another BS libby myth about 2000

Immediately following the contested 2000 presidential election, The U.S Commission on Civil Rights (hereinafter 'the Commission') conducted a six-month investigation into Florida's election. The result? The Commission found absolutely no evidence of systematic disenfranchisement of black voters. Furthermore, the investigation found no credible evidence that any Floridians were INTENTIONALLY denied the right to vote in the 2000 election.

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/08092004.shtml

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2