conservatives time to fight back

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
The other morning I tuned in my local news station. The anchor was delivering a story on the rising gas prices. She stated flat out that the rise in cost was a sign of an improving economy. She basically took the words right out of Obama's mouth and repeated them as fact. The assumption that this is evidence of better times to come is wholeheartedly untrue. She offered no proof or expert testimony to prove her statement. I decided to call them on it. This is the email I sent to the news director at the station and his response back to me. I've x'ed out names and the station's call sign.To Whom It May Concern,

Today XXXXXXXX presented a news story on the rise in gas prices. She stated that it was a sign of an improving economy. President Obama said that very same thing yesterday so I assume that’s where she or the story writer got it from. First of all high gas prices are not a sign of better times and anyone that suggest otherwise is out of touch in my opinion.

Second to take the Presidents words from yesterday and deliver them as fact to the people of our town without questioning the validity of his statement in wrong. High gas prices are good for no one except the oil companies and maybe the electric car manufacturers.

If this is an example of XXXX’s reporting style leading up to November than I would suggest you register with the F.E.C. as one of President Obama’s political action committees. I like XXXXXXXXX and I rely on XXXX news. Don’t do this. It made your morning program look cheap and unreliable to say the least.

Thank you

Their response to me....

Thank you for your email.

In the script we did attribute analysts to the economy improving, but I would agree with you that the wording was not ideal.

ANALYSTS ARE SAYING TO EXPECT HIGHER PRICES BY SUMMER... IN PART BECAUSE THE ECONOMY'S IMPROVING AND THAT DRIVES UP DEMAND.

I have shared your thoughts with our producer and we will be more careful when dealing with these national stories.

I can assure you we are not taking sides.

Best,

Please!!!! All conservative minded people...take the time to call the media on their biased reporting. Do it respectfully and stop letting the left wing media brain wash the people of our great nation.

Last edited:
The other morning I tuned in my local news station. The anchor was delivering a story on the rising gas prices. She stated flat out that the rise in cost was a sign of an improving economy. She basically took the words right out of Obama's mouth and repeated them as fact. The assumption that this is evidence of better times to come is wholeheartedly untrue. She offered no proof or expert testimony to prove her statement. I decided to call them on it. This is the email I sent to the news director at the station and his response back to me. I've x'ed out names and the station's call sign.To Whom It May Concern,

Today XXXXXXXX presented a news story on the rise in gas prices. She stated that it was a sign of an improving economy. President Obama said that very same thing yesterday so I assume that’s where she or the story writer got it from. First of all high gas prices are not a sign of better times and anyone that suggest otherwise is out of touch in my opinion.

Second to take the Presidents words from yesterday and deliver them as fact to the people of our town without questioning the validity of his statement in wrong. High gas prices are good for no one except the oil companies and maybe the electric car manufacturers.

If this is an example of XXXX’s reporting style leading up to November than I would suggest you register with the F.E.C. as one of President Obama’s political action committees. I like XXXXXXXXX and I rely on XXXX news. Don’t do this. It made your morning program look cheap and unreliable to say the least.

Thank you

Their response to me....

In the script we did attribute analysts to the economy improving, but I would agree with you that the wording was not ideal.

ANALYSTS ARE SAYING TO EXPECT HIGHER PRICES BY SUMMER... IN PART BECAUSE THE ECONOMY'S IMPROVING AND THAT DRIVES UP DEMAND.

I have shared your thoughts with our producer and we will be more careful when dealing with these national stories.

Best,

Please!!!! All conservative minded people...take the time to call the media on their biased reporting. Do it respectfully and stop letting the left wing media brain wash the people of our great nation.

The willing stenographers of the Left will relay any story the Dems want them too. It's almost comical when watching the talking heads on Sunday morning have convulsions to correct the assumption of any conservative and allow the leftists to pander with encouragement.

David Gregory is absolutely unable to restrain himself as he fawns over the Liberals and attacks the Conservatives. When you accept that it's going to happen, it becomes a little like playing the drinking game "Hi, Bob" while watching the old Bob Newhart Show.

A while ago I was outraged by this, but now it's just another truism.

It's the reason that FOX has gained so much in the ratings. They are the only channel that doesn't go out of it's way to slant the news and the interviews on their news shows.

I really don't need David Gregory to tell me what reality is. I need him to ask the question and then STFU and let his guest answer.

Last edited:
Thanks I have hope

Liberals about shit themselves when finally after decades of turning the other cheek. Conservatives rallied at Al gores attempt to cheat.

There are still many of the old herd that need to be retired.

Even today the old guard side steps the fiscal conservatives.

I dont expect them to win and do expect thirty trillion in debt by 2020.

Democrats will cheer watch!!!

Thank you

Their response to me....

Best,

The snag here is you’ve provided no evidence that the report was wrong, or that indeed Obama is responsible for rising gas prices.

Unless your plan is for conservatives to ‘fight back’ with lies.

Thank you

Their response to me....

Best,

The snag here is you’ve provided no evidence that the report was wrong, or that indeed Obama is responsible for rising gas prices.

Unless your plan is for conservatives to ‘fight back’ with lies.

I'm asking my local news station for evidence one way or the other. I thought that's what "News Stations" do. The snag here is folks like you wearing political blinders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back