Conservatives SHOULD be embarrassed by Rep Michele Bachmann

57 States.

'nuff said.

If one is willing to equate the silly with the substantive, that would be true. However, a verbal or syllabic gaff is hardly equivalent to substantive errors (repeated errors on several topics, I might add) when someone speaks at great length from a prepared text (or extemporaneously, for that matter) about a topic on which they obviously know very little.

I don't know if it's ignorance or just plain stupidity, but it's disturbing that someone with so little knowledge of our history feels that she is qualified to serve in a leadership role of ANY kind in our gov't.

But there's something more disturbing on a fundamental level beyond the embarrassment of her repeated mistakes. Generally, people learn at a very young age that there is a significant difference between believing something and knowing something. After all, it IS possible to believe something that isn't actually (or factually) true. I don't get the sense that Bachmann is intellectually capable of questioning her own beliefs. Rather, I get the impression that Bachmann equates believing something with knowing something. That's the way a child thinks.

IF she had only written the correct info on her hand....it would have been ok.

I guess it's possible to learn something from Sarah Palin, after all. Who knew?

Ignorance in those who are elected to public office is very dangerous. Those who have no real knowledge of history, geography (Africa is not a country.....it's a continent), no diplomatic skills, no speaking skills, no idea about government and how it works are unqualified and ineligible to "lead". It's amazing to me that Bachmann was elected by 51% in her district. It's disgraceful that there are so many who are so damnably dumb that she was put in office. Ignorant leaders are in a class by themselves and their countries are in chaos...we see many examples.

57 States.

'nuff said.

This guy is right! About what, I dont know

Mini was pointing out the double standards.

Needless to say, it fails because no matter how obvious the double standard is, people excuse themselves from it.

There is a big difference between a verbal gaff by a well-educated, well-spoken accomplished person and an ignorant statement by a dingbat who doesn't know the difference. Bachmann is a fool...she is in the same category with Palin, Angle, Brewer, Christine O'Donnell and others of that ilk. All mouth, no brains.

Poor Michele made that same mistake about Lexington and Concord in two different speeches. Yes, her staff is a stupid as she is.

It might be excused if she had half a brain. A few weeks ago, she said slavery was ended by our "fore fathers" who worked hard to end slavery.....none of whom were living at the time slavery ended....and who never did anything about the condition while alive except for a few guilty of owning them.

Then there was the 200 million a day for the Presidents India trip, Pelosi sticking the taxpayers for a hundred thousand dollars for private military flights home, and on and on.

She is a hugely popular empty-headed piece of fluff who, along with other women of her ilk enjoying success in the Republican party, has set the women's movement back a hundred years.

Michelle Bachmann shouldn't be a Congresswoman. She should be a TV or radio pundit. She's made for that.

Actual lawmakers need to be more than rabid ideologues.

This guy is right! About what, I dont know

Mini was pointing out the double standards.

Needless to say, it fails because no matter how obvious the double standard is, people excuse themselves from it.

There is a big difference between a verbal gaff by a well-educated, well-spoken accomplished person and an ignorant statement by a dingbat who doesn't know the difference. Bachmann is a fool...she is in the same category with Palin, Angle, Brewer, Christine O'Donnell and others of that ilk. All mouth, no brains.

Oh come on, that is exactly what was being pointed out. There is a double standard here. You excuse Obama for screwing up something that even 7 year old children know, yet, you bombard Bachmann with this trash that she made a mistake about where a single shot was fired in the revolutionary war?

Obama's screw up was no less excusable (and it is excusable yet funny at the same time) than Bachmann's was.

Immie

57 States.

'nuff said.
Potatoe?

Tell ya what, though:

I'll be embarrassed for someone else making an error exactly 3 minutes after any demolibtard admits to being embarrassed that they voted for a chicken-shit progressive union-whore that would bankrupt this country and not give a shit one way or the other.....

:eusa_whistle:

57 States.

'nuff said.
Potatoe?

Tell ya what, though:

I'll be embarrassed for someone else making an error exactly 3 minutes after any demolibtard admits to being embarrassed that they voted for a chicken-shit progressive union-whore that would bankrupt this country and not give a shit one way or the other.....

:eusa_whistle:

Actually, I think the mis-spelled word was Potatoes, but who really cares?

Immie

57 States.

'nuff said.

It has always amused me that you guys can only pull that one up. You've said it way more than 57 times. Yes, he screwed up...what a shocker. Now, got anything else or you working on mentioning it 57 X 1,000,000 times?
And we still wouldn't top the number of times "nucular" has been tossed into the ring.

IOW, humans make mistakes. Big fucking deal....

Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353648-640-480.jpg

57 States.

'nuff said.

It has always amused me that you guys can only pull that one up. You've said it way more than 57 times. Yes, he screwed up...what a shocker. Now, got anything else or you working on mentioning it 57 X 1,000,000 times?

Barry did not screw up, the Teleprompter did. Listening to a bunch of fools that Elected a man for President with Zero Executive experience, the least experienced Person on either Ticket, lecture us on who is sanctified to lead, is actually very funny. :) Thanks for the laugh. ;) That's precious.

57 States.

'nuff said.

And we still wouldn't top the number of times "nucular" has been tossed into the ring.

IOW, humans make mistakes. Big fucking deal....

Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353648-640-480.jpg

Making fun of accents now??? Who else do you want to alienate??? Fucking Witch Hunt. The Country is going to Shit because of utter stupidity and mismanagement, but hey, He looks good on the cover of the magazines, huh. ;)

Michele Bachmann portrays herself as an uber patriotic American. Why then, does she know so little about American history?

That's just one of many questions.

I thought that ALL kids learned about what happened at Lexington and Concord (Massachusetts) in grade school. But assuming for the moment that Bachmann forgot (or didn't know) in which state the "shot heard round the world" originated, why didn't anyone on her staff catch such an obvious mistake prior to Bachmann delivering her high profile speech in NH especially since the speech was widely viewed as an attempt to test the waters of a presidential run?

NationalJournal.com - A History of Michele Bachmann's Grasp of History - Monday, March 14, 2011

Frankly, I find the anti-intellectual element of the GOP to be a little scary. Our gov't doesn't need to be run by people who reject objective truth in favor of blindly believing whatever suits them at any given moment. After all, that's how Bush got us into the quagmire of Iraq looking for nonexistent WMDs.

And yet, you voted for a Commander in Chief that repeatedly says "corpse man".

Where is your outrage thread on that?

Michele Bachmann portrays herself as an uber patriotic American. Why then, does she know so little about American history?

That's just one of many questions.

I thought that ALL kids learned about what happened at Lexington and Concord (Massachusetts) in grade school. But assuming for the moment that Bachmann forgot (or didn't know) in which state the "shot heard round the world" originated, why didn't anyone on her staff catch such an obvious mistake prior to Bachmann delivering her high profile speech in NH especially since the speech was widely viewed as an attempt to test the waters of a presidential run?

NationalJournal.com - A History of Michele Bachmann's Grasp of History - Monday, March 14, 2011

Frankly, I find the anti-intellectual element of the GOP to be a little scary. Our gov't doesn't need to be run by people who reject objective truth in favor of blindly believing whatever suits them at any given moment. After all, that's how Bush got us into the quagmire of Iraq looking for nonexistent WMDs.

But you voted for the asshole who thought we had 57 states didn't ya? Yes, I bet you did.

Michelle Bachmann shouldn't be a Congresswoman. She should be a TV or radio pundit. She's made for that.

You mean like Pelosi and Reid? :cuckoo:

Would you really let your TV stay on "The Nancy Pelosi Show" long enough to allow a full sentence to come out of her mouth? I doubt I would.

Immie

The fact that you think Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are "ideologues" means you either don't know what the word means, or don't understand how politics works in this country.

Would you really let your TV stay on "The Nancy Pelosi Show" long enough to allow a full sentence to come out of her mouth? I doubt I would.

Immie

I would, but I like Air America too, liberals are funny. But you do realize that wasn't my point, it was the clueless claim they are more then rabid ideologues. One thing you will not see in this thread in any post after this post is "thedoctorisin" giving examples of what Reid and Pelosi have done that is not rabid ideologue. the doctor will be out.

The fact that you think Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are "ideologues" means you either don't know what the word means, or don't understand how politics works in this country.

For example? Be specific...

Forum List

Back