Conservatives put stamp on Texas textbooks

No it's not. It's like saying you're the head of a family, and everyone in your family liked white vanilla ice cream, but you alone like red vanilla ice cream. They even have their own money, but because you control the car and how they get to Dairy queen, despite everyone else HATING red vanilla ice cream, they have to get it because they have no choice.

Now do you understand? Except in this case, there's even less of an obligation because Texas isn't a patriarch, but just a fellow state that benefits from a large population.

Your power to choose whatever options available to you is not in danger. Other states still have the power to decide what text they want shown from the ones available to them.

The father still has the right to decide who can get in his own car. He does not have the right to block the rest of the family from taking a bus, walking, or using mom's car if she wanted to go.

Ok, so now you're just back to ignoring simple reality. It's not economically possible for FIFTY states to each get their own textbooks made by publishing companies, they will not do so. Accept this or not, I don't really give a fuck any more, i'm not going to sit here and pretend like you're a twelve year old, despite your repeated attempts to emulate one.

As for meeting a lot of pricks like me, good man good, just keep talking all that shit with no actual evidence to back up your claims but ad hominem, your kind will go the way of the dinosaur soon enough. If you think lacking in critical thinking skills is a GOOD thing (let's look at the falling education standards in the midwest and south as an example and for proof as to why downplaying critical thinking skills in a curriculum is obviously detrimental), then stop talking to me.

While I enjoy debating with you and trying to find a prescription for what I'm sure is just transient ignorance that seems to be plaguing so many of our country men like yourself, i'm not going to argue with someone that believes Texas' population size and penchant for electing relatively stupid officials into educational positions should be allowed to continue to the detriment of our nation's children.

Other state's inability to get the books they want do not negate another state's or person's rights to choose for themselves.

I joined the military in 1975. Then I went to a Chicago University on the GI bill to become an engineer. I can tell you, education is everything. Mom and Dad didn't pay for my college. I EARNED it. I WORKED for it.

Conservatives like to call liberals "pricks" and insist they themselves are the "real" Americans. Well, that's just bullshit.

When I was a kid, parents wanted their children to have education. They wanted their children's lives to be "better" than theirs. But these days, conservatives delegitimize science with "magical creation". That has a ripple effect that delegitimizes all of education. Those that have marketable skills are "pricks" and "snotty".

Obama recently pointed it out. You have many conservatives who have never really developed marketable skills and the days of 27 dollar an hour assembly line jobs are over.
Instead of working to put themselves into a position where they can be competitive, they "protest" that things aren't "fair". Well, I can tell you this, "THINGS AREN'T FAIR".

"I want my country back" isn't going to cut it.

Conservatives can take their children out of the running by dumbing them down. Fine. There is the next generation of "unskilled labor". Leave the good jobs to those snotty liberals. Works for me.

Only better would be for the entire country to have "marketable skills". But if conservatives insist they don't want to compete, that becomes their decision. However, it's a pity for their kids.

They way you guys think is becoming more and more obvious to everyone. You think "total state" and if the state ain't doing it then it ain't getting done. No one ever said that we were killing education but the pursuit of any national goal can not trump one's own freedom over their own lives. I know parents make bad decisions for their kids and kids also make bad decisions over their own lives but that decision is theirs to make. It is not transferable to their parents, friends, neighbor and if ain't transferable to them then how can you say it is transferable to another group of people that happen to belong in the govt.

Yea, well, it's called "public school" for a reason. If people want their children to stay stupid, fine, keep them at home and home-school them. But dumbing down the entire school system isn't just a "bad" decision, it's a matter of national security.

Its called and individual's choice to choose for themselves about how they want to raise their kids. You may not agree with it but their is an old liberal saying that your rights end the minute they violate mine. In other words, your wishes about how other people raise their kids get nullified by how they want to raise their kids. You guys are going to have to learn that the limitations of your wishes only extend over yourselves.

Your power to choose whatever options available to you is not in danger. Other states still have the power to decide what text they want shown from the ones available to them.

The father still has the right to decide who can get in his own car. He does not have the right to block the rest of the family from taking a bus, walking, or using mom's car if she wanted to go.

Ok, so now you're just back to ignoring simple reality. It's not economically possible for FIFTY states to each get their own textbooks made by publishing companies, they will not do so. Accept this or not, I don't really give a fuck any more, i'm not going to sit here and pretend like you're a twelve year old, despite your repeated attempts to emulate one.

As for meeting a lot of pricks like me, good man good, just keep talking all that shit with no actual evidence to back up your claims but ad hominem, your kind will go the way of the dinosaur soon enough. If you think lacking in critical thinking skills is a GOOD thing (let's look at the falling education standards in the midwest and south as an example and for proof as to why downplaying critical thinking skills in a curriculum is obviously detrimental), then stop talking to me.

While I enjoy debating with you and trying to find a prescription for what I'm sure is just transient ignorance that seems to be plaguing so many of our country men like yourself, i'm not going to argue with someone that believes Texas' population size and penchant for electing relatively stupid officials into educational positions should be allowed to continue to the detriment of our nation's children.

Other state's inability to get the books they want do not negate another state's or person's rights to choose for themselves.

Oh yea, the state's should just not teach our kids in public school because Texas decided to make all of their textbooks stupid as shit.

Or you can get your fucking kids out of public school and homeschool them this bullshit. I see your arguments run out of steam, glad to have helped you get out of the mire that is your own ignorance, whether you want to admit it now or not. See you next thread.:lol:

Conservatives put stamp on Texas textbooks - Education- msnbc.com

So?? Now religion is going to be taught in our schools?? What is wrong with these people?? Rewriting history, pushing an agenda and an ideal upon children..

What is it with you repukes?? Can't convince the rest of the nation so your going to brainswash children??

You people are sick!! This whole thing makes me sick!!

Religion doesn't beling in school!! There is no place for religion in a public school.. You have no right to rewrite our history..

You people are ruining our this nation..

You people=every neotard idiot that supports this!!

They will not be teaching Religion in school, you retard.

If the Majority has their say......​

"Today the Texas Freedom Network Education Fund released results from a statewide survey of what Texans think about the intersection of politics and religion with public schools. We released results from two questions back in May. One showed overwhelming support for putting teachers and scholars, instead of politicians on the State Board of Education, in charge of writing curriculum and textbook requirements. Another revealed that nearly 7 in 10 Texans agree that separation of church and state is a key principle of the Constitution.

* Texas voters have complex views regarding the intersection of religion and education, with 68 percent saying separation of church and state is a key constitutional principle but 49 percent saying religion should have more influence in public schools.

- 80 percent of likely Texas voters agree that high school classes on sex education should teach “about contraception, such as condoms and other birth control, along with abstinence.”

- 88 percent of likely Texas voters think public schools should be required “to protect all children from bullying, harassment, and discrimination in school, including the children of gay and lesbian parents or teenagers who are gay.”

- 55 percent of likely Texas voters oppose using publicly funded vouchers that allow some students to attend private and religious schools.The survey data suggest that Texas voters take a common-sense approach to issues involving education, said Anna Greenberg of Greenberg Quinlan Rosner."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back