Conservatives put stamp on Texas textbooks

For the record, there is nothing wrong with teaching kids that Homosexuality is not wrong. It has nothing to do with religion. We are NOT A Theology. They're people too, and deserve no harassment over such a issue.

There's no place in school for teaching children that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable, but it's there.. You all started this shit with your "tolerance for everything, as long as it feels good"..

Now, deal with it.

Tu quoque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although it's rather telling that you think it's wrong and are using such weak excuses to rationalize it.

Also "tolerance for everything, as long as it feels good".. is a straw man.

Ba-fucking-loney.

Next?

I betcha rape feels good, is anyone out there asking for tolerance for that?

In other words, as usual, the left tards have no argument. They just blabber off at the gums.

Y'all prove what you're worth daily. Not a damned thing. I got a blond dog smarter than any leftwing idiot on this board and she can barely figure out going outside is to shit.:eusa_eh:

Seriously why do you feel compelled to just post a string of insults?

Are you posting flame bait to try to get the other side to slip up? How's that working?

Conservatives put stamp on Texas textbooks - Education- msnbc.com

So?? Now religion is going to be taught in our schools?? What is wrong with these people?? Rewriting history, pushing an agenda and an ideal upon children..

What is it with you repukes?? Can't convince the rest of the nation so your going to brainswash children??

You people are sick!! This whole thing makes me sick!!

Religion doesn't beling in school!! There is no place for religion in a public school.. You have no right to rewrite our history..

You people are ruining our this nation..

You people=every neotard idiot that supports this!!

There's no place in school for teaching children that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable, but it's there.. You all started this shit with your "tolerance for everything, as long as it feels good"..

Now, deal with it.

What school is teaching being gay is cool? I'll wait.

As for this amendment. Hey, everyone, let's disregard the religion getting a more prominent role (i personally hate this idea, having went to a private christian school for a good amount of my life before high school and knowing that it is blatantly pointless and doesn't instill any more morals in kids than public schools), how about the downplaying of Thomas Jefferson? How about the downplaying of separation of church and state?

As for his referenced to natural rights and Almighty gods. The natural law one, is a grotian idea, it doesn't mean he believes that the Christian God gave us laws, but rather that God in general provided these laws.

Which brings me to point two, whether you think they were athiests or pure christians, you're wrong either way. They were deists, a blend of both if you will, and this is just history. hence why they can refer to God (in the deist tradition, god is one in which he created the universe and is now letting it run it's own course independently, this contributed to the beginning tenets of American exceptionalism), natural law, and a separation of the state from God.

I only got one paragraph into this before I remembered that separation of church and state existed for the preservation of religion in society and not its destruction. The amendment was designed to protect religion from the federal government and not to have it destroyed by it. I don't see what is the big deal or how it even violates the constitution itself since the first amendment applies to CONGRESSIONAL ACTS OF CONGRESS! This is why it starts out with 'congress shall pass no law'

I dn't see how teaching that the founders were religious as a threat to someone's freedom to express their religion as they see fit especially if it is just a historical fact. Do you think that historical facts should be left out of history books?

Anyways, natural law includes religion because it is someone's natural right to believe in whatever religion they want to believe in. They can believe in whatever divine force in the universe that they want and if everyone in society happens to believe in that then so be it. That is the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:
For the record, there is nothing wrong with teaching kids that Homosexuality is not wrong. It has nothing to do with religion. We are NOT A Theology. They're people too, and deserve no harassment over such a issue.

I'm down with that. Most religion teaches people to be to kind to everyone.

Now, deal with it.

As for this amendment. Hey, everyone, let's disregard the religion getting a more prominent role (i personally hate this idea, having went to a private christian school for a good amount of my life before high school and knowing that it is blatantly pointless and doesn't instill any more morals in kids than public schools), how about the downplaying of Thomas Jefferson? How about the downplaying of separation of church and state?

As for his referenced to natural rights and Almighty gods. The natural law one, is a grotian idea, it doesn't mean he believes that the Christian God gave us laws, but rather that God in general provided these laws.

Which brings me to point two, whether you think they were athiests or pure christians, you're wrong either way. They were deists, a blend of both if you will, and this is just history. hence why they can refer to God (in the deist tradition, god is one in which he created the universe and is now letting it run it's own course independently, this contributed to the beginning tenets of American exceptionalism), natural law, and a separation of the state from God.

I only got one paragraph into this before I remembered that separation of church and state existed for the preservation of religion in society and not its destruction.

Source?

The amendment was designed to protect religion from the federal government and not to have it destroyed by it. I don't see what is the big deal or how it even violates the constitution itself since the first amendment applies to CONGRESSIONAL ACTS OF CONGRESS! This is why it starts out with 'congress shall pass no law'

The 14th amendment changed that.

I dn't see how teaching that the founders were religious as a threat to someone's freedom to express their religion as they see fit especially if it is just a historical fact. Do you think that historical facts should be left out of history books?

Not all of them were religious some of them were deists.

Now, deal with it.

I only got one paragraph into this before I remembered that separation of church and state existed for the preservation of religion in society and not its destruction. The amendment was designed to protect religion from the federal government and not to have it destroyed by it. I don't see what is the big deal or how it even violates the constitution itself since the first amendment applies to CONGRESSIONAL ACTS OF CONGRESS! This is why it starts out with 'congress shall pass no law'

Anyways, natural law includes religion because it is someone's natural right to believe in whatever religion they want to believe in. They can believe in whatever divine force in the universe that they want and if everyone in society happens to believe in that then so be it. That is the way the cookie crumbles.

Where is God mentioned in the US Constitution? Where is religion noted and what religion was picked?
They argued over that and it was voted down. We are a nation of laws, NOT a nation of men and their religions.
Note all of the mentioning of religion in the English and European governments and laws of their time in the 17th and 18th century. The crown monarch ruled by divine right by God The Amighty.
The Founders of this country RAN from religous influence of any kind being mentioned in the laws of this country.
If you want religion in government then move to Iran as that is the way they do it. Delta is ready when you are.

Oh shucks. Liberals cant lie to kids as much. boo freakin hooo.

You mean people are going to learn about religion in school? *gasp* how dare kids learn about the different ideas that have motivated people for thousands of years! It's horrible how these kids in the coming generation might actually be educated in the world around them.

Well, at least it's horrible for liberals. Because reality doesnt fit well with liberalism.

Actually, we all know that "facts" have a decidedly "liberal" bias.

WMD

Their oil will pay for the war

Slam dunk

There isn't enough space to list all the conservative lies.

Fuck Texas.

Look at the statistics. One out of three students don't graduate anyway. Instead of working on keeping the kids in school, conservatards want to turn it into propaganda for the few that are left.

Four out of ten drop outs end up on Public Aid.

Conservatives are like Midas. Only everything THEY touch turns to shit.

For years, other states bought their textbooks from Texas, an important source of revenue for the state. Now that's gonna stop. So, not only won't their own kids use the books, kids from other states won't either. Smart. Another example of "conservative logic".

Experts warn of Texas high school dropout crisis | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Fuck Texas.

Look at the statistics. One out of three students don't graduate anyway. Instead of working on keeping the kids in school, conservatards want to turn it into propaganda for the few that are left.

For years, other states bought their textbooks from Texas, an important source of revenue for the state. Now that's gonna stop. So, not only won't their own kids use the books, kids from other states won't either. Smart. Another example of "conservative logic".

Experts warn of Texas high school dropout crisis | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Don't live there. You don't have be their and you definately don't have the right to decide how other people's children are raised. Simply mind your own business and demand that the local schools teach what you think should be taught and leave everyone else to their own devices. CAn you handle that?

Fuck Texas.

Don't live there. You don't have be their and you definately don't have the right to decide how other people's children are raised. Simply mind your own business and demand that the local schools teach what you think should be taught and leave everyone else to their own devices. CAn you handle that?

Good, I won't. But at the same time, conservatives don't have the right to teach nonsense to my kids. No mysticism. No occult. No magical creation. I want my kids to be competitive. Knowledgeable. Smart. The only thing conservatives teach is "failure" and that only by example.

Fuck Texas.

that would be fine, if this wasn't going to effect the nation. I mean, using your logic, why don't all the right wing people that disagree with the direction our nation is going just leave, since you know, they don't have to be there and they don't have a right to tell us how to raise our children. Sound stupid? Yea that's because it fucking is.

the fact of the matter is, with texas' large population, their school system and the resources they use are a model for many other states, which will either be forced to adopt these new standards (which are not FEDERALLY approved or even approved by every effected state), or begin to purchase from other, potentially more expensive or less accessible sources. Either way, they should have informed neighboring and partner states earlier rather than later, so that they could prepare in advance to change education providers, not have to decide long after many schools have already prepared next years budget.

Think of the kids who were taught in Texas schools, and perhaps at home, that Darwinism is false. Imagine their dismay and loss of trust when they go to college or university to find that their school and parents have lied to them.

Fuck Texas.

Good, I won't. But at the same time, conservatives don't have the right to teach nonsense to my kids. No mysticism. No occult. No magical creation. I want my kids to be competitive. Knowledgeable. Smart. The only thing conservatives teach is "failure" and that only by example.

Save it for the conservatives in your own state then. No one is denying you that right.

Think of the kids who were taught in Texas schools, and perhaps at home, that Darwinism is false. Imagine their dismay and loss of trust when they go to college or university to find that their school and parents have lied to them.

Trust me, I go to school here in LA, and when I meet some kids from the midwest and the south, you would be fucking shocked at some of the things they say that are just erroneous.

If it wasn't for objective things like math and science, i'm certain universities would be filled with kids from the East and West coast primarily. The lack of critical thinking skills stressed in the American south and midwest in exchange for faith is kind of terrifying. My family was extraordinarily religious, I was far removed from it (though they weren't aware of it), so seeing this dichotomy in my socio-religious realm was easy, and noting the consequences was even more revealing.

Forum List

Back