Conservative who knew Kavanaugh well: Vote NO

Brett Kavanaugh isn't just as far right as they come. He's a NUTBAR who's politics will color every decision.

David Brock I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court.

We were part of a close circle of cynical hard-right operatives being groomed for much bigger things.

I used to know Brett Kavanaugh pretty well. And, when I think of Brett now, in the midst of his hearings for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, all I can think of is the old "Aesop's Fables" adage: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

And that's why I want to tell any senator who cares about our democracy: Vote no.

Brett actually makes a cameo appearance in my memoir of my time in the GOP, "Blinded By The Right." I describe him at a party full of zealous young conservatives gathered to watch President Bill Clinton's 1998 State of the Union address — just weeks after the story of his affair with a White House intern had broken. When the TV camera panned to Hillary Clinton, I saw Brett — at the time a key lieutenant of Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating various Clinton scandals — mouth the word "bitch."

But there's a lot more to know about Kavanaugh than just his Pavlovian response to Hillary's image. Brett and I were part of a close circle of cold, cynical and ambitious hard-right operatives being groomed by GOP elders for much bigger roles in politics, government and media. And it’s those controversial associations that should give members of the Senate and the American public serious pause.

Call it Kavanaugh's cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.​

Continued:

Opinion | David Brock: The Brett Kavanaugh I knew shouldn't sit on the Supreme Court
David Brock posts at USMB under the name JakeStarkey

Sorry -Kagen and Sotomayor are center left. You probably think Garland was a hard lefty too. WRONG
So why do Republican presidents always choose extreme right Nutbars?

Oh so abortion is illegal along with gay marriage and so is Obama care???

Come again, conservative pick moderates liberals pick asshole judges who rule on feelings intstead of the Constitution see the 9th circus court.

That has nothing to do with anything. Go back to bed

Sorry -Kagen and Sotomayor are center left. You probably think Garland was a hard lefty too. WRONG

Come again, conservative pick moderates liberals pick asshole judges who rule on feelings intstead of the Constitution see the 9th circus court.

It has everything to do with this thread..

Yup Gramps was right that's what Jake the fake would say to me, when losing .

Hmmmm .. Scratching my head - Don't recall you winning a debate around here.
But here is your participation trophy :wink:

zqS5vca_.jpg

Brett Kavanaugh isn't just as far right as they come. He's a NUTBAR who's politics will color every decision.

David Brock I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court.

We were part of a close circle of cynical hard-right operatives being groomed for much bigger things.

I used to know Brett Kavanaugh pretty well. And, when I think of Brett now, in the midst of his hearings for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, all I can think of is the old "Aesop's Fables" adage: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

And that's why I want to tell any senator who cares about our democracy: Vote no.

Brett actually makes a cameo appearance in my memoir of my time in the GOP, "Blinded By The Right." I describe him at a party full of zealous young conservatives gathered to watch President Bill Clinton's 1998 State of the Union address — just weeks after the story of his affair with a White House intern had broken. When the TV camera panned to Hillary Clinton, I saw Brett — at the time a key lieutenant of Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating various Clinton scandals — mouth the word "bitch."

But there's a lot more to know about Kavanaugh than just his Pavlovian response to Hillary's image. Brett and I were part of a close circle of cold, cynical and ambitious hard-right operatives being groomed by GOP elders for much bigger roles in politics, government and media. And it’s those controversial associations that should give members of the Senate and the American public serious pause.

Call it Kavanaugh's cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.​

Continued:

Opinion | David Brock: The Brett Kavanaugh I knew shouldn't sit on the Supreme Court
God you're a dingbat:

David Brock (born July 23, 1962[1]) is an American liberal political consultant, author, and commentator who founded the media watchdog group Media Matters for America

God you're a dingbat:

David Brock (born July 23, 1962[1]) is an American liberal political consultant, author, and commentator who founded the media watchdog group Media Matters for America

Mmmmk - Brock switched sides. Doesn't make his insight on Kavanaugh any less meaningful. They ran in the same nutbar circles.

Brock began his career as a right-wing investigative reporter during the 1990s.[4] He wrote the book The Real Anita Hill and the Troopergate story, which led to Paula Jones filing a lawsuit against Bill Clinton. In the late-1990s, he switched sides, aligning himself with the Democratic Party and in particular with Bill and Hillary Clinton.

While he was at Berkeley, Brock contributed an op-ed to The Wall Street Journal entitled "Combating Those Campus Marxists". It drew the attention of John Podhoretz, who at the time was the editor of Insight, a weekly newsmagazine published by The Washington Times. Podhoretz flew Brock to Washington, D.C., for an interview and hired him as a writer of the weekly conservative news magazine Insight on the News, a sister publication of The Washington Times, a job Brock took up in 1986.[7]

After working at Insight, Brock spent some time as a fellow at The Heritage Foundation.[7]

So why did Kavanaugh call Hillary a bitch? Doesn't seem particularly judicial to me.

Well that’s funny. That didn’t seem to bother you people a bit when you people cheered the appointments of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonja Sotomayor, and Elaina Kagen for the exact same thing.

Sotomayor and Kagan are about as moderate as they come.

They are hard leftists, and "living constitution when we think it is" progressive hacks.

Not even close Gandolf

Why Democrats Pick Moderate Liberals for the Supreme Court When Republicans Pick Pure Conservatives

Complete and total bias on your part due to your belief that your own views are "moderate"

I know my strict constructional federalist views are not "mainstream", but I can also tell Kavenaugh has some of the views I do myself.

And remember the fallacy of moderation:

151.jpg

zqS5vca_.jpg

Poor baby I just destroyed you..

Once again...

A consevative supreme Court

Made abortions legal

Made gay marriage legal

Made Obama care legal

So come again and try to say Republican's don't elect moderates???

zqS5vca_.jpg

Poor baby I just destroyed you..

Once again...

A consevative supreme Court
Made abortions legal
Made gay marriage legal
Made Obama care legal
So come again and try to say Republican's don't elect moderates???

Whatever helps you through the day my furry friend ;)

God you're a dingbat:

Mmmmk - Brock switched sides. Doesn't make his insight on Kavanaugh any less meaningful. They ran in the same nutbar circles.

Brock began his career as a right-wing investigative reporter during the 1990s.[4] He wrote the book The Real Anita Hill and the Troopergate story, which led to Paula Jones filing a lawsuit against Bill Clinton. In the late-1990s, he switched sides, aligning himself with the Democratic Party and in particular with Bill and Hillary Clinton.

While he was at Berkeley, Brock contributed an op-ed to The Wall Street Journal entitled "Combating Those Campus Marxists". It drew the attention of John Podhoretz, who at the time was the editor of Insight, a weekly newsmagazine published by The Washington Times. Podhoretz flew Brock to Washington, D.C., for an interview and hired him as a writer of the weekly conservative news magazine Insight on the News, a sister publication of The Washington Times, a job Brock took up in 1986.[7]

After working at Insight, Brock spent some time as a fellow at The Heritage Foundation.[7]

So why did Kavanaugh call Hillary a bitch? Doesn't seem particularly judicial to me.

At least he's honest

Continued:

Yeah this guy has no political bias.
David Brock
Author
David Brock is an American liberal political consultant, author, and commentator who founded the media watchdog group Media Matters for America. He has been described by Time as "one of the most influential operatives in the Democratic Party" while others believe his tactics led to Hillary Clinton's defeat in the 2016 presidential election.

Forum List

Back