Conservative who knew Kavanaugh well: Vote NO

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Brett Kavanaugh isn't just as far right as they come. He's a NUTBAR who's politics will color every decision.

David Brock I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court.

We were part of a close circle of cynical hard-right operatives being groomed for much bigger things.

I used to know Brett Kavanaugh pretty well. And, when I think of Brett now, in the midst of his hearings for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, all I can think of is the old "Aesop's Fables" adage: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

And that's why I want to tell any senator who cares about our democracy: Vote no.

Brett actually makes a cameo appearance in my memoir of my time in the GOP, "Blinded By The Right." I describe him at a party full of zealous young conservatives gathered to watch President Bill Clinton's 1998 State of the Union address — just weeks after the story of his affair with a White House intern had broken. When the TV camera panned to Hillary Clinton, I saw Brett — at the time a key lieutenant of Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating various Clinton scandals — mouth the word "bitch."

But there's a lot more to know about Kavanaugh than just his Pavlovian response to Hillary's image. Brett and I were part of a close circle of cold, cynical and ambitious hard-right operatives being groomed by GOP elders for much bigger roles in politics, government and media. And it’s those controversial associations that should give members of the Senate and the American public serious pause.

Call it Kavanaugh's cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.​

Continued:

Opinion | David Brock: The Brett Kavanaugh I knew shouldn't sit on the Supreme Court

Brett Kavanaugh isn't just as far right as they come. He's a NUTBAR who's politics will color every decision.

David Brock I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court.

We were part of a close circle of cynical hard-right operatives being groomed for much bigger things.

I used to know Brett Kavanaugh pretty well. And, when I think of Brett now, in the midst of his hearings for a lifetime appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, all I can think of is the old "Aesop's Fables" adage: "A man is known by the company he keeps."

And that's why I want to tell any senator who cares about our democracy: Vote no.

Brett actually makes a cameo appearance in my memoir of my time in the GOP, "Blinded By The Right." I describe him at a party full of zealous young conservatives gathered to watch President Bill Clinton's 1998 State of the Union address — just weeks after the story of his affair with a White House intern had broken. When the TV camera panned to Hillary Clinton, I saw Brett — at the time a key lieutenant of Ken Starr, the independent counsel investigating various Clinton scandals — mouth the word "bitch."

But there's a lot more to know about Kavanaugh than just his Pavlovian response to Hillary's image. Brett and I were part of a close circle of cold, cynical and ambitious hard-right operatives being groomed by GOP elders for much bigger roles in politics, government and media. And it’s those controversial associations that should give members of the Senate and the American public serious pause.

Call it Kavanaugh's cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.​

Continued:

Opinion | David Brock: The Brett Kavanaugh I knew shouldn't sit on the Supreme Court

Where was Brock when Kavenaugh was appointed to the DC circuit, arguably the most influential circuit court and only 1 step below the Supreme Court?

And as stated above, Brock is a conservative just in the same way PETA is a whole hog BBQ advocacy group.

Continued:

This is the first line on his Wikipage.

"David Brock is an American liberal political consultant, author, and commentator who founded the media watchdog group Media Matters for America. He has been described by Time as "one of the most influential operatives in the Democratic Party" while others believe his tactics led to Hillary Clinton's defeat in the 2016 presidential election."

Still at it from the looks of things. I bet he hopes it works out better for him this time. :21:

Kavanaugh was easily confirmed by democrats 12 years ago and there is nothing in his judicial record since that would change that.

Cue the democrat gossip machine to crank out some lies.

Well that’s funny. That didn’t seem to bother you people a bit when you people cheered the appointments of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonja Sotomayor, and Elaina Kagen for the exact same thing.

David Brock is about as conservative as you are.
Just look at the code talk.

A Republican operative!!!

oooohhhhh....*spooky fingers*. Some dark and secret operative of the Republican party! Run for the hills!!!!!!

Well that’s funny. That didn’t seem to bother you people a bit when you people cheered the appointments of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonja Sotomayor, and Elaina Kagen for the exact same thing.

Sotomayor and Kagan are about as moderate as they come.

Continued:

This is the first line on his Wikipage.

"David Brock is an American liberal political consultant, author, and commentator who founded the media watchdog group Media Matters for America. He has been described by Time as "one of the most influential operatives in the Democratic Party" while others believe his tactics led to Hillary Clinton's defeat in the 2016 presidential election."

Still at it from the looks of things. I bet he hopes it works out better for him this time. :21:
Ah....there is that word again....."operative".

I wonder if they get trenchcoats upon graduation?

Well, thanks for that laugh.

Continued:

tenor.gif

Continued:

Do you celebrate your epic failures?

This is one and I'd like a party invite so I can point and laugh in person.

Fake Jake is this you with an alt account?

They are hard leftists, and "living constitution when we think it is" progressive hacks.

They are hard leftists, and "living constitution when we think it is" progressive hacks.

Not even close Gandolf

Why Democrats Pick Moderate Liberals for the Supreme Court When Republicans Pick Pure Conservatives

Not even close Gandolf

Why Democrats Pick Moderate Liberals for the Supreme Court When Republicans Pick Pure Conservatives
I don't think you know what liberal means if you believe that tripe.

Not even close Gandolf

LMFAO..

smilelaugh.jpg

Continued:

Your lies and stupidity have rissen to a new level.

Sorry -Kagen and Sotomayor are center left. You probably think Garland was a hard lefty too. WRONG
So why do Republican presidents always choose extreme right Nutbars?

Oh so abortion is illegal along with gay marriage and so is Obama care???

Come again, conservative pick moderates liberals pick asshole judges who rule on feelings intstead of the Constitution see the 9th circus court.

Forum List

Back