Conservative Hypocrisy on Abortion

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Last night I watched a documentary on Netflix called the Devil We Know. The documentary was the story of the role of Dupont in the production, proliferation and manufacture of Teflon. Teflon is made from a chemical called C8. C8, also known as perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), is man-made and used in the process of producing Teflon, known for its nonstick qualities. Following a barrage of lawsuits against DuPont for the release of C8 into the environment, production ended in 2015. 99% of American blood samples show we are all contaminated with C8.

C8 was known to cause birth defects, cancer and premature deaths in those exposed. The documentary had an interview with a child born of birth defects because his mother was exposed to the chemical. There were many more like him.

In a deposition when a Dupont corporate officer was asked whether C8 was a danger to the mother he was adamant that there was no such danger, the only danger, he protested, was "to the fetus".

Dupont has since discontinued C8 but its substitute is believed just as toxic.

There are tens of thousands of other chemical that are unregulated by the EPA. The same EPA that is being gutted by the Trump administration. The same Trump administration that is gutting discharge rules allowing more toxins into our air and water. C8 and its progeny are far from the only chemicals that cause these birth defects and premature deaths.

So, all these threads from conservatives condemning abortion is only so much claptrap if you are inconsistent with your beliefs. Begs the question of course whether if a profit is involved, you will turn the other way.

Where is your outrage here?

Last edited:
I've known since I was in high school how toxic and lethal non-stick pans are. No self respecting restaurant uses them, they ruin the flavor of food.

You might as well microwave your food.

Why is any of this a surprise here?

What you are doing is constructing a straw man. Pointing out one thing that a particular political block is paid off to support, turn their head, and thus, they are hypocrites on everything else? I guess that makes you one too eh?

Like the other side is never hypocritical on anything.

Tell us how the neo-librals have stood against the too big too fail banks and kept us out of wars again?

If you choose to play politics and be partisan, pointing out others hypocrisies just make you look like a douche bag and an utter fool. I guess someone used way too much non-stick cooking wear, drank too much fluoridated water, and didn't read the warning labels on vaccines, eh?

moron-gif-11.gif

The whole argument makes no sense at all.

Really.
There are tens of thousands of other chemical that are unregulated by the EPA. The same EPA that is being gutted by the Trump administration. The same Trump administration that is gutting discharge rules allowing more toxins into our air and water. C8 and its progeny are far from the only chemicals that cause these birth defects and premature deaths.

Its fine when the capitalist pollute our water, air, and land and items we use cause birth defects and spontaneous abortions, but when a woman choses to have an abortion it wrong. The two are linked.

For the authoritarian right abortion is about compelling conformity and expanding the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty – in this case the right to privacy.

Likewise conservatives seek to expand the authority of their corporate masters at the expense of the health and well-being of consumers.

Wha
For the authoritarian right abortion is about compelling conformity and expanding the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty – in this case the right to privacy.

Likewise conservatives seek to expand the authority of their corporate masters at the expense of the health and well-being of consumers.
What does a woman aborting a man’s baby without his consent have to do with privacy?

Then he wants to take away BC from insurances.

Must be the GOP want white women to have more babies, because blacks and Hispanics are.

Yes they are hypocrites. We have a wife of a young Republican in MI that had an abortion in HS and now they are strictly adamantly pro life.

Funny how chicken shit leftardz like you will not actually debate the claims you make.

Last night I watched a documentary on Netflix called the Devil We Know. The documentary was the story of the role of Dupont in the production, proliferation and manufacture of Teflon. Teflon is made from a chemical called C8. C8, also known as perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), is man-made and used in the process of producing Teflon, known for its nonstick qualities. Following a barrage of lawsuits against DuPont for the release of C8 into the environment, production ended in 2015. 99% of American blood samples show we are all contaminated with C8.

C8 was known to cause birth defects, cancer and premature deaths in those exposed. The documentary had an interview with a child born of birth defects because his mother was exposed to the chemical. There were many more like him.

In a deposition when a Dupont corporate officer was asked whether C8 was a danger to the mother he was adamant that there was no such danger, the only danger, he protested, was "to the fetus".

So, all these threads from conservatives condemning abortion is only so much claptrap if you are inconsistent with your beliefs. Begs the question of course whether if a profit is involved, you will turn the other way.

Okay so the EPA regulations might occasionally catch a chemical like this, that might cause birth defects, not that I believe your claims at face value, because I don't. As we know, the EPA also issues a LOT, and I mean a LOT of regulations that are totally stifling for heaven knows why. Mixed bag.

Every SINGLE time a woman has an abortion, and I mean in 99.99% of cases, the outcome is clear. SHE IS KILLING HER OWN BABY. That is not "it might" or "perhaps". She is. She is killing her own baby, there is no "studies show" or "in large enough amounts" or "with enough exposure". The doctor will reach in there and rip the baby's limbs apart piece and piece and then suck the baby out.

So I really don't see any comparison here. Having your baby harmed by harmful substances is tragic and should be avoided. Having American babies sucked out of their mother's wombs BY THE MILLIONS EVERY YEAR, on purpose, is an atrocity.

Okay so the EPA regulations might occasionally catch a chemical like this, that might cause birth defects, not that I believe your claims at face value, because I don't. As we know, the EPA also issues a LOT, and I mean a LOT of regulations that are totally stifling for heaven knows why. Mixed bag.

Every SINGLE time a woman has an abortion, and I mean in 99.99% of cases, the outcome is clear. SHE IS KILLING HER OWN BABY. That is not "it might" or "perhaps". She is. She is killing her own baby, there is no "studies show" or "in large enough amounts" or "with enough exposure". The doctor will reach in there and rip the baby's limbs apart piece and piece and then suck the baby out.

So I really don't see any comparison here. Having your baby harmed by harmful substances is tragic and should be avoided. Having American babies sucked out of their mother's wombs BY THE MILLIONS EVERY YEAR, on purpose, is an atrocity.

And you know what, mind your own business. How many do you know personally who have had an abortion? You must know them all. Any of your friends, relatives, kids? You? Don't answer, its none of my business.

And you know what, mind your own business. How many do you know personally who have had an abortion? You must know them all. Any of your friends, relatives, kids? You? Don't answer, its none of my business.

Some of us don't mind the heat we get from proaborts, for our CHOICE to defend the rights of the children that you and your ilk are in denial of.

Some of us don't mind the heat we get from proaborts for our CHOICE to defend the rights of the children that you and your ilk are in denial of.

You know some of the people most against abortions have had one, like that young Rep wife who had one in HS, totally anti abortion now, she doesn't want anyone to get one, ok for her though, not being married and all, she was a little slut in HS.

Some of us don't mind the heat we get from proaborts for our CHOICE to defend the rights of the children that you and your ilk are in denial of.

You know some of the people most against abortions have had one.

And?

That's because they KNOW all to well that they have killed a child and the laws were wrong to allow it.

You know some of the people most against abortions have had one.

And?

That's because they KNOW all to well that they have killed a child and the laws were wrong to allow it.

So you admit it. They were a victim of the laws and allowed them to kill fetuses and they are only protecting everyone from doing what they did. I see, and that makes them right?? because they found God, where was he, hiding??

You know some of the people most against abortions have had one, like that young Rep wife who had one in HS, totally anti abortion now, she doesn't want anyone to get one, ok for her though, not being married and all, she was a little slut in HS.

Penny says the people who get abortions are "sluts". How fascinating Penny.

You don't really think things through do you?

Forum List

Back