Conservative Activist Sends Racist Obama Picture

Whatever. Double standard.

For 8 years thousands of pictures of Bush circulated that depicted him as a monkey (and a lot were very lawl worthy. Dude DID look like a monkey). But now do the exact same thing with Obama and all of a sudden yer a racist.

Same thing with this witch doctor pic. Not racist. Its another example of crying wolf.

For 8 years thousands of pictures of Bush circulated that depicted him as a monkey (and a lot were very lawl worthy. Dude DID look like a monkey). But now do the exact same thing with Obama and all of a sudden yer a racist.

Same thing with this witch doctor pic. Not racist. Its another example of crying wolf.

It is racist, period, everyone associating Obama with looking like some witchdoctor would be taken as racist, if this isn't racist on account of those Bush chimp pics, then that cop that called Gates a banana eating jungle monkey is likewise not racist too, right? Idiot!

It is racist, period, everyone associating Obama with looking like some witchdoctor would be taken as racist, if this isn't racist on account of those Bush chimp pics, then that cop that called Gates a banana eating jungle monkey is likewise not racist too, right? Idiot!

Seeing racism where none exists makes you a racist.

So it's ok to call a white man a monkey, but not ok to call two black men monkeys, it that it?

So it's ok to call a white man a monkey, but not ok to call two black men monkeys, it that it?

Pretty much ... you can call anyone names ... unless they are black.

Has "monkey" been historically used as a racial slur towards whites?

This is where the problem arises. Racism won't end until both side just stop calling it racism. The simplest way to end racism is for everyone to stop caring about the traits ... but that won't happen. Prejudice is ingrained in both sides.

This is where the problem arises. Racism won't end until both side just stop calling it racism. The simplest way to end racism is for everyone to stop caring about the traits ... but that won't happen. Prejudice is ingrained in both sides.

So your solution is to stop calling a spade a spade?

Well using your logic all of the idiots who call the Bass a racist are racist themselves.

why is what happened in previous generations the fault of this generation?

Actually, yes. That is the only solution that has been shown to work. When people are seeking something they will find it everywhere, even when it isn't there. Which results in a lot of "hearts being called spades" and only a few actual spades are called out. When you stop looking for it, it does actually go away eventually. Now this technique doesn't work with very many aspects in life, but it does with some human behaviors, and racism is one. When you have racism as a constant thought, anything can look racist, when you don't then nothing offends you. When you are not offended by racism then it loses it's power, it's strength is in the ability to offend.

It isn't but that doesn't mean it hasn't carried over to this generation.

Calling a black person a monkey isn't a benign, run of the mill insult.

It's racist.

I understand that some might see it as a double standard but this isn't a perfect world we live in.

Well using your logic all of the idiots who call the Bass a racist are racist themselves.

Here is the reason that it doesn't work that way, you have demonstrated that you want to blame one race for all your problems, or at least all the problems befalling your particular group, in spite of the fact that most of us have seen the reverse occur in real life. Also you use doctored statistics to "prove" your point, much like many of those who blame blacks for white problems, which is why I never trust statistics, they lie. You also deny many actions which many in your group does just because you don't agree with them (like being gay, most of the gay men I know are black oddly). That is racism, that is prejudice, plain and simple.

It's racist.

I understand that some might see it as a double standard but this isn't a perfect world we live in.

Actually, I didn't know there was a racial background to that until about 10 minutes ago.

Actually, yes. That is the only solution that has been shown to work. When people are seeking something they will find it everywhere, even when it isn't there. Which results in a lot of "hearts being called spades" and only a few actual spades are called out. When you stop looking for it, it does actually go away eventually. Now this technique doesn't work with very many aspects in life, but it does with some human behaviors, and racism is one. When you have racism as a constant thought, anything can look racist, when you don't then nothing offends you. When you are not offended by racism then it loses it's power, it's strength is in the ability to offend.

I'm not constantly looking for racism but I do encounter it fairly frequently.

More often than not I let it slide but that's not to say I'm thinking to myself, "Man, that was some racist shit."

Pretty much ... you can call anyone names ... unless they are black.

BS, calling someone a monkey is not a simple case of name calling, those are racial slurs and again this type of racist name calling was created an perpetuated by racist whites so deal with the fruit of the racist crap that was sown years ago.

It's racist.

Actually, I didn't know there was a racial background to that until about 10 minutes ago.

yeah sure, you make yourself very believeable, :rolleyes: what kind of hole have you been living in?

I'm not constantly looking for racism but I do encounter it fairly frequently.

More often than not I let it slide but that's not to say I'm thinking to myself, "Man, that was some racist shit."

You can actively seek it subconsciously, it's common when one person is somehow made over sensitive to something they don't like. As I said, I don't see anything as racist unless someone points it out to me, simply because I have no fear or sensitivity to it, so my mind doesn't recognize it. Also, most terms people are calling racist on here are new to me, almost all of it. I see some racist contentions, but it takes me a bit to realize it, when I first read it I just see someone who is ignorant. Often though ignorance is mistaken for racism, I know of a few posters here who have been accused of such but are just plain ignorant, the easy sign is when faced with opposing facts they often respond with well worded questions instead of blatant insults.

From the time I have been on here, much of the racism that is true racism comes from people who seem to feel slighted for one reason or another, just like the gay bashers and religion bashers. One or a few of a particular group mistreats them and they never give anyone else of that group a chance to show otherwise. These are ignorant people, not truly racist, they are prejudice simply because they don't know any better.

Forum List

Back