Connecticut Gun Owner, Reacting To Parkland Shooting, Destroys Her Pistol

Connecticut?

Why didn't she destroy it after Newtown?

Not 'newsworthy'?

Know what would have been far better?

Adam Lanza's mother destroying hers before Newtown.

Why would she do that?

Oh maybe because Adam was a fuckin' nutjob?
I dunno, just a shot in the dark. No pun intended. I mean it would have saved 27 lives including her own.

Here's a great idea for you...

sell you car, or give it away.

Before you run someone over.

Because that's going to happen.

I see it in my crystal ball.

Just like Ms Lanza saw Jerod killing her, and all those students in hers.

Try to play word games all you want but the fact REMAINS --- if Adam Lanza's mother had destroyed (or otherwise disposed of) her weirdo arsenal, she and twenty toddlers an several teachers would still be alive today.

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?
:CryingCow:

Connecticut?

Not 'newsworthy'?

Why would she do that?

I dunno, just a shot in the dark. No pun intended. I mean it would have saved 27 lives including her own.

his name was adam. & his mother knew he was a ticking timebomb.

She knew he had problems, not that he was a 'ticking timebomb'.

or do you have information the rest of the class doesn't?

(and are you able to link your crystal ball so we can see it?)

Connecticut?

Not 'newsworthy'?

Why would she do that?

Try to play word games all you want but the fact REMAINS --- if Adam Lanza's mother had destroyed (or otherwise disposed of) her weirdo arsenal, she and twenty toddlers an several teachers would still be alive today.

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?

his mother was a 'survivalist'. adam lanza blacked out his bedroom windows to 'block out' the world & would only communicate with her thru email even though they lived in the same house..

Connecticut?

Not 'newsworthy'?

Why would she do that?

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?

and if you don't drive a car, you wont' run over anyone.

jerod?

sorry, a bit preoccupied.

Still trying to set up and get used to new puter tower

Why would she do that?

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?

his mother was a 'survivalist'. adam lanza blacked out his bedroom windows to 'block out' the world & would only communicate with her thru email even though they lived in the same house..

That should have been a screaming clue.

This 'survivalist' ---- didn't.

She must have been harboring psychotic tendencies if she thought her gun was going to be used to kill people. Glad she cut it up.

That is, after all, the whole purpose of a firearm.
I've owned guns for 32 years. They've never killed anyone. Cops use their guns thousands of times for every one time a criminal is shot. Having a gun on my hip has diffused many situations...and in both directions...not only as a deterrent to others, but also as a deterrent to my own ego, as there is no doubt how far a confrontation could go.

So, no...guns are used hundreds of millions of times every year without any harm coming to anyone. In fact, yesterday mine was used at least 100 times, the only casualties being several paper targets.

we have firearms in our home too for hunting & protection. never had the need to stockpile them because the black man was gonna come & take them away. an AR-15 is useless for hunting & if you can't hit your 'target' breaking into your house with a handgun, then you have no business owning a gun.

Why would she do that?

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?

jerod?

You're STILL dancing around the point. The FACT (read: "fact") remains.... if Adam Lanza's mother had dispensed of her firearms ---- REGARDLESS OF HOW OR WHY SHE DID SO ---- then she, twenty toddlers and several teachers would not have been slaughtered.

There's no way you can word-game out of that fact, because it's a factual fact that is, in fact, a fact.

She must have been harboring psychotic tendencies if she thought her gun was going to be used to kill people. Glad she cut it up.

That is, after all, the whole purpose of a firearm.
I've owned guns for 32 years. They've never killed anyone. Cops use their guns thousands of times for every one time a criminal is shot. Having a gun on my hip has diffused many situations...and in both directions...not only as a deterrent to others, but also as a deterrent to my own ego, as there is no doubt how far a confrontation could go.

So, no...guns are used hundreds of millions of times every year without any harm coming to anyone. In fact, yesterday mine was used at least 100 times, the only casualties being several paper targets.

None of that negates the fact of what guns are designed to do.

I have light bulbs in my drawer that have never (yet) been screwed in. That doesn't mean they're not designed to illuminate.

Terrible analogy. What else could you do with a light bulb?

There are 370 million privately owned firearms in the U.S.

If people were only using them to kill other people, there wouldn't be anyone left.

A baseball bat is nothing but a wooden club...the earliest known fashioned weapon. Yet, millions are owned and used for sport. People still kill each other with them, but that certainly isn't there primary function...not even close.

AR 15's CAN be & are used for hunting.

Lanza's mom's only mistake was to not have her arsenal better secured

Why would she do that?

Adam Lanza's First Psychotic Episode

Adam Lanza’s Mental Problems ‘Completely Untreated’ Before Newtown Shootings, Report Says

you're welcome.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/...roblems-completely-untreated-report-says.html

Why would she do that?

Who the fuck is "Jerod"?

jerod?

You're STILL dancing around the point. The FACT (read: "fact") remains.... if Adam Lanza's mother had dispensed of her firearms ---- REGARDLESS OF HOW OR WHY SHE DID SO ---- then she, twenty toddlers and several teachers would not have been slaughtered.

There's no way you can word-game out of that fact, because it's a factual fact that is, in fact, a fact.

and if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump his ass when it landed.

She couldn't see the future any more than YOU can.

It's GREAT being able to look back, and say, SHE SHOULDA.

but that's as useless as using a crystal ball.

Terrible analogy. What else could you do with a light bulb?

I like to hold one above my head and say "I've got an idea".
Doesn't work real well.

There are 370 million privately owned firearms in the U.S.

If people were only using them to kill other people, there wouldn't be anyone left.

So true. Painfully true.
But the point was not "what people are using them for". It was what they're designed for.

A baseball bat is nothing but a wooden club...the earliest known fashioned weapon. Yet, millions are owned and used for sport. People still kill each other with them, but that certainly isn't there primary function...not even close.

Of course not. One could employ all manner of technologies to murder. But just as the baseball bat is designed to play baseball, so the firearm is designed to shoot living beings. That's a neutral statement -- the simple fact of what its purpose is. The baseball bat was invented for sport, the firearm was invented for war. The light bulb was invented for illumination. Etc etc etc..

Why would she do that?

Adam Lanza’s Mental Problems ‘Completely Untreated’ Before Newtown Shootings, Report Says

you're welcome.

Nice articles.

didn't see any mention of him becoming a homicidal maniac in either of them

you're welcome.

Nice articles.

didn't see any mention of him becoming a homicidal maniac in either of them

nobody is a homicidal maniac until the killing begins. it's reported that he suffered from both auditory & visual hallucinations. you know - signs of schizophrenia...

tell me again how you would trust someone like that be around guns?

Shop owners who sold gun to school shooter close business | Daily Mail Online
Couple who owned gun store that sold AR-15 to school shooter Nikolas Cruz shutter their business for good and vow to support gun control legislation in wake of Valentine's Day massacre
  • Michael and Lisa Morrison said that they are so 'mortified' over the event, they shuttered their business, Sunrise Tactical Supply, indefinitely on Friday
  • The couple also said that they will support new legislation designed to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of people with mental health issues
  • The gun store had been up and running for more than four years before FBI and ATF agent arrived on Thursday to inspect the premises
  • The 19-year-old shooter entered Sunrise Tactical Supply in February 2017 to purchase the AR-15 rifle used to slaughter 17
Notice the quote from the owners doesn't match first line of story

And the idiot was dumb enough to YouTube it!
Guess who gets robbed next?
Guns aren't the only thing that can be used for self defense. She could always start carrying something else like a knife.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
A knife, and I have carried one for more than 60 years, is not the same kind of equalizer that a gun is. A much bigger and stronger opponent will have a relatively easy time disarming someone with a knife. A knife is an incredibly personal weapon. You must be up close to use your weapon. You must know exactly where that vital organ is. You must, at the very least, not mind a lot of blood.

With a gun, the danger can be ten feet away, shot in the knees.

Guns are efficient. Knives are merely enjoyable.

Something like this isn't about adding anything to the debate its all about five minutes of fame by going viral on the net....times up

Forum List

Back