Congressman: Obama's Senate Replacement Must Be Black

While I understand the comment made by the congressman it seems rather a shame that one would not want the most qualified person to fill that seat regardless of what color they happen to be. If we as a nation start to look at quota's based on skin color, sex, or sexual orientation as a way to choose our representation then it cheapens the very process itself and lessens the chances for the most qaulified person to fill that position no matter who they are. If the state of Illinois happens to find a qualified person to fill the Senators seat then let that person be the one to fill it and if they happen to be African American, Latino, White, a woman,Gay or whatever else then so be it. All those other things have zero to do with how they will perform as a Senator and are secondary to the qualifications they bring to the table and more so are they willing to represent the people of the state of Illinois.

calm down, love, no one's blaming your hero for this.

the point is, everyone's been saying obama's election was some kind of bellwether event and now we can all join hands, sing kumbaya and stroll confidently into a better brighter future where race doesn't matter at all. clearly, that's not the case.

:lol: funny, the only people I see saying that are those on the right. I've yet to see a Democratic pundit say the election of Obama fixes the racial issues STILL in play in this country and around the world.

it's just like they like to say he's the "one" or the "messiah" and make claims that it's the left who see him that way.

It's called projecting.

calm down, love, no one's blaming your hero for this.

the point is, everyone's been saying obama's election was some kind of bellwether event and now we can all join hands, sing kumbaya and stroll confidently into a better brighter future where race doesn't matter at all. clearly, that's not the case.
Who is everyone, Del? Rush? O'Reilly?

:lol: funny, the only people I see saying that are those on the right. I've yet to see a Democratic pundit say the election of Obama fixes the racial issues STILL in play in this country and around the world.

it's just like they like to say he's the "one" or the "messiah" and make claims that it's the left who see him that way.

It's called projecting.

excuse me missy,,, didn't you call one of your lefty pals on this very board for calling obamalama the "messiah" just the other day??? why yes I think you did..:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's called projecting.

here. educate yourself.

Americans See Obama Election as Race Relations Milestone

it's called "reality".

Still can't find an exact quote. Does anyone know what this man actually said? I'm assuming FAUX took it out of context since they didn't provide an exact quote.

excuse me missy,,, didn't you call one of your lefty pals on this very board for calling obamalama the "messiah" just the other day??? why yes I think you did..:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:lol: just the other day eh? do a search, find the post and then we'll talk. and ONE person saying it isn't the entire bunch.

no, it seems that people who voted for obama hold the lead in this belief.

i have no idea what the 2 blowhards believe, maybe you can fill me in.

Your poll says that 97% of americans think the problems of race relations will either never be worked out, or will eventually be worked out.

Which indicates that americans see race relations as an current and ongoing problem.

Which makes Silence right, and you wrong.

I do the hiring for my section at work.

A homo doesn't have a chance in Hell of getting hired.

It's an unwritten and unspoken rule.

They are over qualified, under qualified, or the jobs already been filled. :lol:

So you KNOWINGLY break the law every time you read resume's? Tell us your real name and where you work so we can report your ass to the Government.

here. educate yourself.

it's called "reality".

a milesotne, yes. an eraser for the last 200+ years of racial degredation and discrimination? hardly. If you or anyone else thinks that the election of Obama somehow undid all the horrible things that have been done to blacks in this country then you and they, are seriously deluded.

according to that polling information 38% said it was one or two or more significant advances for blacks and I agree. I also think the civil rights movement was important as well as other historically significant events.

This problem will not be fixed by one singular event, it's going to take years more work on the part of everyone who cares to make this change.

Calm down white people.

Its not good for the country to have the 100 seat Senate be comprised of almost all white males, hardly any females, and zero african americans.

I'm sure there's plenty of highly qualified african americans who could serve in the senate, and its not a bad idea to look at some of them.

Let me see if I have this right? We should elect Senators by color and race but the President should not be picked based on the majority? I got that right?

Shall we create 13 special seats for blacks so that they have the required number of Senators? You are aware that States DO THAT with House Districts. North Carolina Gerrymandered a great one that runs for miles along an interstate and is narrow as shit, connecting several Urban areas together to ensure a BLACK district. It is illegal as hell and the courts said so time and again and the State just kept submitting it till the courts either gave up or accepted it. Haven't heard about it in a couple years now.

Point being if we are going to decide by percentage what race and color should serve, then until the Hispanics take over, the President should be a WHITE person. And then the President should be Hispanic.

:lol: that means you can't or won't prove what you said to be true.....typical con.

No what is typical is you leftoids thinking you can bamboozle everyone by pretending you did not say what you said. Then standard ploy around here is to claim you never said and demand someone quote you. If we do go back and find the quote then you claim it was taken out of context or that you did not mean what it obviously says. Mostly though the ploy is to depend on the person not having the time to search through all your ignorant posts and find it.

Your poll says that 97% of americans think the problems of race relations will either never be worked out, or will eventually be worked out.

Which indicates that americans see race relations as an current and ongoing problem.

Which makes Silence right, and you wrong.

of course it does.

my point is that no one was attacking obama over what this asshat in illinois said. i also made the point that there has been a justifiable wave of optimism for the future of race relations in america. she said only right wingers have espoused that view. this is patently untrue, unless you believe 70% of the country is right wing.

Having said that, the data show an increased positivity on the basic trend question about the future of race relations, a question Gallup has been asking off and on for over four decades. Only 30% of Americans now say race relations will "always be a problem for the United States," while two-thirds say "a solution will eventually be worked out." The previously most positive point on this measure, it should be noted, came this summer, continuing a more upbeat trend over the last two years.

Further, 7 out of 10 Americans believe that race relations in this country will get at least a little better as a result of Obama's election, including 28% who say they will get a lot better.

sorry if this too nuanced for you to comprehend; it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Forum List

Back