Congressional Black Caucus: Ferguson Decision a Slap in the Face to Blacks

WASHINGTON, D. C. -- Congressional Black Caucus Chair Marcia Fudge on Monday categorized a Missouri grand jury's decision not to criminally charge the police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown "a slap in the face" that underscores "an unwritten rule that Black lives hold no value."

Rep. Marcia Fudge calls Ferguson acquittal a miscarriage of justice cleveland.com

Oh my...Stupid is and stupid says. Does she not understand law?

I dont know about the rest of you,but I'm getting more racist by the hour.

I as talking to someone and said something like that myself. I was the last person to be considered racist 8 years ago. I've worked with blacks all my life and had great friendships with them. But something has happened since I retired and now I don' see them anymore...just get the news. Obama has made us so divisive...

I's time like these and people like Holder that just make you so mad...all we see in the ghetto type now. We don't see the middle class good people. We have to remember that.

So your direct interaction with blacks made racism a non issue for you, but since your interactions have reduced, and your information comes from what you see as news, you are becoming racist. Is that what you are saying? Perhaps what you are listening to is so much different from what you personally know to be true because of the particular source you receive your information from. Could that be Fox?

And negroes wonder why the other races on the planet despise them. It's impossible to have any rational conversation with them.
Billions and billions of the 'Maker's' money has been flushed down the toilet trying to help the negroes help themselves.
Nothing. Nowhere has worked.......EVER!
They just destroyed what was left of the shithole they live in.
Now the 'leaders' like the fucking race whore is going to demand the 'gubbermint' spend the 'Maker's' tax money to rebuild the shithole. You watch.

Thanks again for demonstrating just how racist the right wing is. The DNC should put you on the payroll.

Says the one who supports the protestors burning buildings.

WASHINGTON, D. C. -- Congressional Black Caucus Chair Marcia Fudge on Monday categorized a Missouri grand jury's decision not to criminally charge the police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown "a slap in the face" that underscores "an unwritten rule that Black lives hold no value."

Rep. Marcia Fudge calls Ferguson acquittal a miscarriage of justice cleveland.com

The problem is not necessarily with the Ferguson decision; the problem is that the outcome is always the same when cops kill blacks, even when it is more than obvious that the killing was unwarranted and could well be considered outright murder. This happens in case after case, so the Black community is up in arms. It's not just about Ferguson and Officer Wilson. Wilson may well have been justified in killing this kid, but the feeling in much of America is that cops can do whatever they want and we are no longer safe from the police. They are more of a threat to us than they are protecting us. I'm white, and I don't trust any of them anymore. They believe they are above the law, and in one case after another, juries reinstate this idea that they are above the law by letting them get off without even being charged and having to face a real jury.

"They are more of a threat to us than they are protecting us."

This statement is so incredibly stupid I am almost speechless.

Blacks want officer Wilson lynched in the Town Square. Nothing else will satisfy them. It is not about getting their day in court. They want blood.

And negroes wonder why the other races on the planet despise them. It's impossible to have any rational conversation with them.
Billions and billions of the 'Maker's' money has been flushed down the toilet trying to help the negroes help themselves.
Now the 'leaders' like the fucking race whore is going to demand the 'gubbermint' spend the 'Maker's' tax money to rebuild the shithole. You watch.

Thanks again for demonstrating just how racist the right wing is. The DNC should put you on the payroll.

Says the one who supports the protestors burning buildings.

Exactly what makes you think I support burning of buildings?

Don't worry. Nobody ever doubted the racism of the right wing.

Says the plantation party....

How can something that calls itself the Congressional BLACK Caucus complain about racism in others?

The first problem is having a Black Caucus...Like their desires for the country are any different than ours?

Do you feel the same about the Congressional Prayer Caucus, The Tea Party Caucus, House Republican Israel Caucus, and all the other caucuses, or do you just think blacks shouldn't be allowed to have one of the long list of specific interest groups? Of course, I would never accuse you of being a disgusting racist, but it sure looks like that.
Caucuses of the United States Congress - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I've never heard of the other caucuses. Obviously they have a degree of irrelevancy that the Black Caucus doesn't have. So, if there are other special interest caucuses, the Black Caucus would be appropriate.
However, the members of the Black Caucus, I would think have a stature to keep. They should be, in essence in the image of ML King, the greatest man of the African American race. Never be race baiting, but standing above race as we would like all Americans to be.

That's why the comment of Representative Fudge was wrong. She did not listen to the facts of the judgment and the law that found Wilson "not guilty" of any crime. She was predisposed of guilt before the decision came down. For someone on that Committee and as a representative in Congress, that was wrong.

The Grand jury did not, and can not find anyone not guilty. This was not a trial. They only determine whether to return criminal charges. There were many irregularities in the way this grand jury was conducted, and there was certainly enough evidence to warrant a trial. There could have still been a trial where all evidence would have been presented, but the prosecutor behaved more as a defense attorney for the cop than a prosecutor. Fudge's remarks were certainly reasonable.

Unless you are privy to everything the jury saw, you have no standing to make that remark.

Last edited:
The first problem is having a Black Caucus...Like their desires for the country are any different than ours?

Do you feel the same about the Congressional Prayer Caucus, The Tea Party Caucus, House Republican Israel Caucus, and all the other caucuses, or do you just think blacks shouldn't be allowed to have one of the long list of specific interest groups? Of course, I would never accuse you of being a disgusting racist, but it sure looks like that.
I've never heard of the other caucuses. Obviously they have a degree of irrelevancy that the Black Caucus doesn't have. So, if there are other special interest caucuses, the Black Caucus would be appropriate.
However, the members of the Black Caucus, I would think have a stature to keep. They should be, in essence in the image of ML King, the greatest man of the African American race. Never be race baiting, but standing above race as we would like all Americans to be.

That's why the comment of Representative Fudge was wrong. She did not listen to the facts of the judgment and the law that found Wilson "not guilty" of any crime. She was predisposed of guilt before the decision came down. For someone on that Committee and as a representative in Congress, that was wrong.

The Grand jury did not, and can not find anyone not guilty. This was not a trial. They only determine whether to return criminal charges. There were many irregularities in the way this grand jury was conducted, and there was certainly enough evidence to warrant a trial. There could have still been a trial where all evidence would have been presented, but the prosecutor behaved more as a defense attorney for the cop than a prosecutor. Fudge's remarks were certainly reasonable.

So, list the irregularities. TIA

Ok, First off, this prosecutor has never gotten a grand jury to return an indictment against a single police officer. His loyalties were reasonably questioned from the start. His refusal to allow another prosecutor to take the case only added to the perception of unfairness.
Next, a grand jury decision is usually a one day affair where the basic facts of the case are presented, and the grand jury is only asked to determine if a reasonable jury might be able to find a guilty verdict after a complete trial. In this case, it was stretched out for months, presenting multiple witnesses. This never happens. The grand jury was overwhelmed with information in a highly irregular semblance of a trial without the rules of a trial, such as cross examination. It is almost unheard of for a defendant to be questioned before a grand jury. This guy testified for
four hours just before the decision was made. These are just a few of the irregularities that could make reasonable people doubt the fairness and validity of such a highly watched case. Even you must see that this looks like an effort to thumb their noses at the way any other grand jury would be conducted.

What you call "irregularities" can also be called "the jury making absolutely sure their decision is the best one based solely on the evidence presented".

Don't worry. Nobody ever doubted the racism of the right wing.

Says the plantation party....

What does that even mean?

If a particular community doesn't want a police presence on their streets, then maybe we should let them have exactly what they claim they want. Pull all police presence out. Or would they be happier if young thugs are killed by police officers that have the same color skin?

Unless you are privy to everything the jury saw, you have no standing to make that remark.

Isn't that the point? The information that we do have leads a reasonable person to believe the grand jury was conducted in a highly irregular way, and raises a lot of questions as to why.

What's racist about killing a thug who just robbed a store and was resisting arrest?

Last edited:
If a particular community doesn't want a police presence on their streets, then maybe we should let them have exactly what they claim they want. Pull all police presence out. Or would they be happier if young thugs are killed by police officers that have the same color skin?

Isn't that the point? The information that we do have leads a reasonable person to believe the grand jury was conducted in a highly irregular way, and raises a lot of questions as to why.

That's the point. "The information that we do have" is information carefully picked, groomed, and presented so as to tell the story a certain way. It is not a trivial matter to identify what is totally accurate and what has been manipulated. That's why, I believe, the grand jury took as long as they did, because they knew there were some just waiting for any excuse to break windows, steal things, and burn things.

The information we have only shows that yo would not have been satisfied unless a police officer who performed his duty was charged with first-degree murder.

What's racist about killing a thug who just robbed a sore and was resisting arrest?

The worst part is that Brown wasn't under arrest. Wilson did what he was trained to do. He called for backup prior to initiating an arrest.

There was nothing irregular in the grand jury proceedings. That's the whole complaint. The grand jury should have been irregular and adjusted to come to a predetermined result.

So, list the irregularities. TIA

Ok, First off, this prosecutor has never gotten a grand jury to return an indictment against a single police officer. His loyalties were reasonably questioned from the start. His refusal to allow another prosecutor to take the case only added to the perception of unfairness.
Next, a grand jury decision is usually a one day affair where the basic facts of the case are presented, and the grand jury is only asked to determine if a reasonable jury might be able to find a guilty verdict after a complete trial. In this case, it was stretched out for months, presenting multiple witnesses. This never happens. The grand jury was overwhelmed with information in a highly irregular semblance of a trial without the rules of a trial, such as cross examination. It is almost unheard of for a defendant to be questioned before a grand jury. This guy testified for
four hours just before the decision was made. These are just a few of the irregularities that could make reasonable people doubt the fairness and validity of such a highly watched case. Even you must see that this looks like an effort to thumb their noses at the way any other grand jury would be conducted.

What you call "irregularities" can also be called "the jury making absolutely sure their decision is the best one based solely on the evidence presented".

That is certainly what the prosecutor is claiming, but the jury had no say as to what or how information was presented to them. It was all under the prosecutors control, and he determined how and what evidence was heard. I'm not yet ready to claim that the prosecutor intentionally led the grand jury to that particular decision, but I am saying that all the irregularities were things that an unethical prosecutor would do, and I can't see another reason why he might have conducted the inquiry as he did. Especially since he knew he wasn't trusted by the community to start with, and there was a call for a special prosecutor.

What's racist about killing a thug who just robbed a store and was resisting arrest?

So you think every robbery suspect should be killed on sight?

Forum List

Back