Congressional approval rating drops to 11%

The real problem is us, we keep voting the same mfers in even though they have repeatedly shown they don't give an F about us. Looks to me like we need a 3rd party, at least as far as Congress is concerned. 2 choices isn't enough. Don't know if a 3rd party would fix the problem, but I think it's worth a shot.

A third party is pointless. The issue is continual institutional corruption. We need to flush out the corrupt politicians every so often so you don't wind up with the same governing body secretly paying women sexually assaulted over decades to the tune of some $17 million.

Get new people in there continuously that may actually object to such practices instead of ignoring them.

A 3rd party = new people, don't you think? Give the voters another choice between a Dem scumbag and a Repub scumbag.

But I think there's another reason, maybe a better one. Say you have a 3rd party out there that could garner 10-20 House seats and a Senate seat or 2, maybe not in 2018 but 2020. That 3rd party wouldn't be robust enough to have a real shot at the WH, but they could at least win a few seats in congress and thereby make themselves valuable to one party or the other to get legislation passed or defeated. If that 3rd party is more interested in passing good legislation for us than getting involved in partisan politics, well that's a good thing.

A third party to do what exactly?

You have the welfare party and the anti-tax party. Both gain votes by adding to the debt.

What free things will the third party offer?

Two things Americans love, free stuff and never wanting to pay for it.

The real problem is us, we keep voting the same mfers in even though they have repeatedly shown they don't give an F about us. Looks to me like we need a 3rd party, at least as far as Congress is concerned. 2 choices isn't enough. Don't know if a 3rd party would fix the problem, but I think it's worth a shot.

A third party is pointless. The issue is continual institutional corruption. We need to flush out the corrupt politicians every so often so you don't wind up with the same governing body secretly paying women sexually assaulted over decades to the tune of some $17 million.

Get new people in there continuously that may actually object to such practices instead of ignoring them.

A 3rd party = new people, don't you think? Give the voters another choice between a Dem scumbag and a Repub scumbag.

But I think there's another reason, maybe a better one. Say you have a 3rd party out there that could garner 10-20 House seats and a Senate seat or 2, maybe not in 2018 but 2020. That 3rd party wouldn't be robust enough to have a real shot at the WH, but they could at least win a few seats in congress and thereby make themselves valuable to one party or the other to get legislation passed or defeated. If that 3rd party is more interested in passing good legislation for us than getting involved in partisan politics, well that's a good thing.

You have the welfare party and the anti-tax party. Both gain votes by adding to the debt.

How about a 3rd party that offers better gov't that listens to the people's wishes rather than offering a bunch of free stuff?

How about a 3rd party that offers better gov't that listens to the people's wishes rather than offering a bunch of free stuff?

Free stuff. Where is the dangling carrot?

Do you really think voters are that informed? All they know is something is terribly wrong which usually gets blamed down partisan lines. A vote for a third party is then deemed a wasted vote.

Do you really think voters are that informed? All they know is something is terribly wrong which usually gets blamed down partisan lines.

No carrot dangling. I think voters are becoming more informed now than they were 50 years ago when I first started voting. And they better be, cuz their country is going to hell in a handbasket if they don't. Why do you think Trump got elected? Was he dangling a bunch of free stuff, any carrots? I don't remember that.

Do you really think voters are that informed? All they know is something is terribly wrong which usually gets blamed down partisan lines.

No carrot dangling. I think voters are becoming more informed now than they were 50 years ago when I first started voting. And they better be, cuz their country is going to hell in a handbasket if they don't. Why do you think Trump got elected? Was he dangling a bunch of free stuff, any carrots? I don't remember that.

I talk to voters everyday. I don't share your optimism.

All they know are two things, Trump is the problem or Trump needs to drain the swamp.

For you see, Americans have become conditioned to looking to one man, the President of the US for all their needs. That is because Americans have become conditioned to become collectivists. It was never meant to be this way. That is why the Founders created Federalism. The President was never meant to decide what doctor I have or how my child is educated in kindergarten, etc.

If you ask a voter who their Congressman is, chances are they don't know.

The beauty of the Article V movement is, most voters probably don't even realize that they have state elected officials, let alone vote for them. You then can create a small army of informed voters who favor the Article V movement and make changes at the top for them.

Truth be told, most voters don't even turn out unless it is a Presidential election, which means that the Article V movement can succeed with most of the country being oblivious to the world around them.

Forum List

Back