Congress trying to get Trump removed from ballots

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST release his tax returns? Nixon was the first one to do it and it then become commonplace.

No matter what you think of Trump, this effort to ban him from state ballots because he hasn't released his tax returns, is not only absurd it is TOTALITARIAN.

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST be the approved member of a selected political party?

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST be the approved member of a selected political party or they must get so many signatures?

Every state has rules for being on their ballots, otherwise we would have 10000 people every election on every ballot. Evan McMillan was only on the ballot in 12 states because he did not meet the requirements of the other states...where are those requirements in the Constitution?

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST release his tax returns? Nixon was the first one to do it and it then become commonplace.

No matter what you think of Trump, this effort to ban him from state ballots because he hasn't released his tax returns, is not only absurd it is TOTALITARIAN.

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST be the approved member of a selected political party?

Where in the Constitution does it state a president or presidential candidate MUST be the approved member of a selected political party or they must get so many signatures?

Every state has rules for being on their ballots, otherwise we would have 10000 people every election on every ballot. Evan McMillan was only on the ballot in 12 states because he did not meet the requirements of the other states...where are those requirements in the Constitution?
Really? You are telling me a sitting president can be legitimately removed from a state's ballot, and you consider that fair. Do you even think?

Can you imagine if a red state tried this with Obama? Leftists would be screaming RACISM from the mountain tops.

Really? You are telling me a sitting president can be legitimately removed from a state's ballot, and you consider that fair. Do you even think?

Can you imagine if a red state tried this with Obama? Leftists would be screaming RACISM from the mountain tops.

So, you have now moved past the Constitution argument.

that is a good first step

So, you have now moved past the Constitution argument.

that is a good first step
No. There is no way the Constitution sanctions this. But hey you go with it. It will backfire badly.

This is well stated...are you a staunch leftist?

Either way, this action is not likely to do much harm to Trump’s campaign and could backfire on the Democrats. Only staunch leftists would believe that these proposals are not cynical ploys designed to influence the general election. If the Democrats wish to defeat President Trump, they will have to do it the old-fashioned way — through better campaigning and superior policy arguments.

No. There is no way the Constitution sanctions this. But hey you go with it. It will backfire badly.

This is well stated...are you a staunch leftist?

Either way, this action is not likely to do much harm to Trump’s campaign and could backfire on the Democrats. Only staunch leftists would believe that these proposals are not cynical ploys designed to influence the general election. If the Democrats wish to defeat President Trump, they will have to do it the old-fashioned way — through better campaigning and superior policy arguments.

If the Constitution sanctions the other hoops that states make people jump through to get on the ballot, then it does this one as well.

of course they are cynical ploys designed to influence the general election, but then again so are most thing that are done.

The Democrats are trying to pass a resolution stating that until some committee is satisfied that Trump has released every detail of his tax returns, his name can not be on the ballot in certain states in 2020.
Trump could be left off some states’ ballots in 2020 if these bills become law
We're a republic not a democracy, right? Funny how Republicans are suddenly against states' rights when it's inconvenient.
Especially since they are so convinced that voter ID is the way to go.

I think releasing your tax returns is a great idea.

It keeps the politicians just a little more honest.

Clearly, Republicans don't care if a politician is honest. Only white or a very light shade of orange with white bags under their eyes.

If every red state decided to keep every Democrat off the Presidential ballots, you'd be okay with that?

election-results.jpg

Shall we keep the Democrats off the presidential election ballot by state?
I wouldn't consider PA, OH, MI or WI red states. Iowa and Florida maybe. So then the Democrats would win every time.

But that's not what it's about. They don't want him on the ballot unless he releases his income taxes, and he won't because he is the biggest swamp monster that has ever existed, the most corrupt in American history.
I believe when a person runs (or is elected), they are obligated to release financial records. Didn't he do that?
Yes he did. Democrats didn't like it.

The Democrats are trying to pass a resolution stating that until some committee is satisfied that Trump has released every detail of his tax returns, his name can not be on the ballot in certain states in 2020.
We're a republic not a democracy, right? Funny how Republicans are suddenly against states' rights when it's inconvenient.

States make the rules, not the federal government, except when it comes to qualifications to be President. Imagine them saying a President must be 6 feet tall, weigh less than 200 pounds, and be able to dunk a basketball.

Last edited:
You forget, federal elections are run by feds, not states. Your own? Yo7 can have your states rights.

Actually, they are not run by the federal government. There are 51 separate elections for President and Vice President. Did you sleep through your government classes?

Congress has no right to see anyones returns, criminal.

The Democrats are trying to pass a resolution stating that until some committee is satisfied that Trump has released every detail of his tax returns, his name can not be on the ballot in certain states in 2020. They should stop now and apologize to the nation for even suggesting it.

That has nothing to do with Congress. That is individual states setting the qualifications for being on their ballot.
That should be a federal matter and not exclusive to POTUS...it should be everyone who is running for office and bogus returns could be considered illegal and dealt with under penalty of law.
All the presidential candidates of the last few decades have released their tax returns before the election. At least the Democrats and Republicans (except for Trump), I'm not sure about all the Libertarians and independents and whatever small parties.

I do think presidential elections should be regulated on federal level, requiring uniformity in ballots and whatnot. However, if it is done like that, it should also be based on the popular vote and not the EC.
I agree that tax returns, school records and criminal records should be released. Even former law suits.

However, at one time I thought the popular vote should be used, but since then I recognize that rural voters would always suffer and not be a priority to elected officials. Just large cities would get prizes while the rural community would be relegated to second tier citizens. We don't do that in the US>

Tax returns, and school records are private by federal law. Criminal records are already public. Good luck changing any of that!

We are at war. The left will do anything to take over and send us down the road to communist bullshit. The only solution is a final solution.

The only question is when the bullets will start to fly.

It is most certainly looking that way. If they want a war, they're gonna fucking get it, and then some!

I suggest they dial it back a notch and stop poking the bear.

I'm not understanding your gripe. You're supposed to be Republican, right? Aren't states rights supposed to be important to you people? I guess that's only when a Democrat is president, amirite?

Sates do not set the qualifications for President, which has been explained are set forth in the Constitution.

Its not Congress but various State Houses. I have no clue if that's legal? Can GOP controlled States put rules in that would exclude democrat candidates?
How about, if you were ever a communist, or ever used food stamps or welfare or were ever arrested, or were never a member of the US military?

We are at war. The left will do anything to take over and send us down the road to communist bullshit. The only solution is a final solution.

The only question is when the bullets will start to fly.

It is most certainly looking that way. If they want a war, they're gonna fucking get it, and then some!

I suggest they dial it back a notch and stop poking the bear.

I'm not understanding your gripe. You're supposed to be Republican, right? Aren't states rights supposed to be important to you people? I guess that's only when a Democrat is president, amirite?

Sates do not set the qualifications for President, which has been explained are set forth in the Constitution.

they set requirements for being on the state's ballot

There is no law that requires any candidate to publish his tax returns. You fucktards are just loons. HAHAHAHA

I should have been more specific. Through the electoral college. The law cannot be changed without a Constitutional Amendment.
You forget, federal elections are run by feds, not states. Your own? Yo7 can have your states rights.

Actually, they are not run by the federal government. There are 51 separate elections for President and Vice President. Did you sleep through your government classes?

Forum List

Back