Congress' Refusal To Fund The FAA Costing The Taxpayers Money

"$30 million a day, $200 million for one week in lost revenue, all because Republicans in the House refuse to extend the FAA's legislative authority."

Congress' Refusal To Fund The FAA Is Actually Costing The Taxpayers Money!

As anticipated, the Federal Aviation Administration's operating authority expired at midnight Friday and the agency partially shut down. While air traffic controllers are still on the job and air travel continues more or less normally, nearly 4,000 other FAA employees are currently furloughed without pay. Additionally, nearly 87,000 construction jobs are affected as FAA-funded airport construction projects are forced to shut down. This includes projects from $10,000 to tens of millions of dollars, scattered across the country.

4000 workers and construction projects getting the shaft because of Tea Party attacks on the FAA

-----------------------------

Hey, anybody want to go for a "plane ride"?

Thought this was interesting:

-----------------------------------

In the one-minute Nevada ad, Pastor Tom Jelinek of Las Vegas says the Book of Proverbs teaches "where there is no leadership a nation fails." And he criticizes members of Congress for trying to protect the wealthy from tax cuts, while ignoring the needs of those living in poverty as the national economy struggles to recover.

"In the budget debate, the rich have many political friends and lobbyists," Jelinek says in the ad. "The poor or needy don't."

Christian group runs ads in NV, KY, Ohio to urge protection of poor in US debt deal - The Political Eye - ReviewJournal.com

------------------------------

Guess he hasn't gotten the message: Republicans don't care!

This is NOT what I needed to read today.

TODAY my son flies back to Seattle.

The FAA has been shut down since midnight Saturday, how many planes have crashed?

Tell me something, why should the FAA unionize? Unions exist to protect workers form the evil employers who take advantage of workers and refuse to follow safe practices and all the nasty stuff like that. Most federal employes are denied collective bargaining because they, quite obviously, do not need it. The FAA has existed for decades without unions, and suddenly the Democrats want to make an issue of it.

why?......are the Bosses so nice that you just cant wait to get to work everyday?......do they abide by rules and regulations better than the Private Sector?.....they never treat the workers like shit?......they never abuse workers rights?.....WHY is it ok for the Private Sector to have a Union standing behind Workers but the Public Sector no?.......

I did not say they cannot have one, I said they do not need one. Civil service rules make them redundant. If you want to pour your money into an organization that does nothing for you, feel free, just do not expect me, or anyone else that can think for themselves, to join your delusions.

Forum List

Back