Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban

George Bush

really? Then why was it introduced by a DEMOCRAT?

Bill Summary & Status - 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) - H.R.6 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

H.R. 6, 2007.
Nick Rahall of WV ... Dem.

(it had 198 co-sponsors)

Soooo... why did George sign it into law then?

because it made sense, as part of a larger package that also made sense.

I was not commenting on anything more than RW's comment/blame that it originated with Bush. It did not. It originated with the Dems.

ANd how much am I laughing?

The one thing the environmental nutters were able to hang their hats on in the past 3 years was this light bulb ban.:fu:

This is just another of the multiple kicks in the balls the left have gotten in the last two years!! But especially for the k00k alarmist nut environmentalists, its been escalator down since 2006 and most recently, the climate summit was a huge bomb. Attendance was down 70% and the Obama admin and the Dems didnt send one single rep.:D. Even Canada threw in the towel and they're out. The whole thing is a total fraud.........too, within the last month, the price of carbon has hit an all time low on the market and of course, Crap and Tax is dead.

And now.......the light bulb.:beer:

The fact that nobody gives a rats ass about the science ( the "consensus":rofl:) and the alarmists keep talking about the same gay line of BS. Whats that they say about a mental disorder? When you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.:50:

Well.......guess I can stop hording regular light bulbs:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I'll wait for 10 years. Till then, it's incandescent for me.

I don't understand this fascination with incandescent, why do you want to keep them? Are you on a budget? If you are LED is one of the best ways to go. Or replacing one bulb a month if it's a big cost.

They want their incandeescents because they think they are sticking it to Obama.......even though it was Bush who signed the hateful law

I blame all his idiocy in his second term to his lyme disease and frankly I'm beginning to truly beleive his dad was running the show after he got sick. His pop was always a rino/one worlder.

What's crazy is the sick fucks actually thought banning them was a good idea to begin with, what the hell are we paying these people for?
I guess Obama got wind that the rest of us where catching on to his backroom corruption deals with Jeffery immelt and GE. GE would stand to make Billions off of legislation banning incandescent light bulbs.
GE CORRUPTION: How GE Intends to Make Money from Stimulus Package and Obama Administration - YouTube

The ban was signed in by a republican president. George Bush Jr. in fact.

yes, and the bill originated with a Dem in Congress.

Both sides wanted this, under Bush.

really? Then why was it introduced by a DEMOCRAT?

Bill Summary & Status - 110th Congress (2007 - 2008) - H.R.6 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

H.R. 6, 2007.
Nick Rahall of WV ... Dem.

(it had 198 co-sponsors)

I was not commenting on anything more than RW's comment/blame that it originated with Bush. It did not. It originated with the Dems.

It was also passed through with republican support and a republican president. Let's not forget that little detail.

It was also passed through with republican support and a republican president. Let's not forget that little detail.

yes, it did. Back in the days when bipartisan actually meant something.

I'll wait for 10 years. Till then, it's incandescent for me.

I don't understand this fascination with incandescent, why do you want to keep them? Are you on a budget? If you are LED is one of the best ways to go. Or replacing one bulb a month if it's a big cost.

They want their incandeescents because they think they are sticking it to Obama.......even though it was Bush who signed the hateful law

I'd be willing to bet you never even read the law in it's entirety. To call it hateful without doing so is the sign of a partisan hack.

ANd how much am I laughing?

The one thing the environmental nutters were able to hang their hats on in the past 3 years was this light bulb ban.:fu:

This is just another of the multiple kicks in the balls the left have gotten in the last two years!! But especially for the k00k alarmist nut environmentalists, its been escalator down since 2006 and most recently, the climate summit was a huge bomb. Attendance was down 70% and the Obama admin and the Dems didnt send one single rep.:D. Even Canada threw in the towel and they're out. The whole thing is a total fraud.........too, within the last month, the price of carbon has hit an all time low on the market and of course, Crap and Tax is dead.

And now.......the light bulb.:beer:

The fact that nobody gives a rats ass about the science ( the "consensus":rofl:) and the alarmists keep talking about the same gay line of BS. Whats that they say about a mental disorder? When you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result.:50:

Well.......guess I can stop hording regular light bulbs:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

We not only bailed out of Kyoto but we got out of the bulb bullshit business earlier this year.

Our conservative politicians know a scam when they see one. All Kyoto was was a bs social engineering program to transfer money thru the UN to impoverished nations.

Which kept the power mongers in the UN in the $$$$ and impoverished nations still poor.

It's ugly but that's the UN's game. Screw rich nations and screw poor nations. Yuppers, that's the UN.

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

Good deal! It's a start.

We need to vote in a lot more conservatives before we can undo all the destructive Democrat policies of the last (almost) six years.

I cant get excited about this....................

I have already changed mine, realized the savings and wont go back.

Unfortunately for me, my husband is a Democrat and he thinks those bendy straw lightbulbs are great.

I think they aren't because you have to turn on twice as many lights to see what you could with ONE 100 watt bulb.

I have to turn on every light in the kitchen (five) when I could just turn on ONE incadescent bulb. And if a bulb breaks, I can just sweep it up and throw it away. I don't need hazmat to come out to throw it away.

No amount of reason will convince him, they are stupid. I don't see where we have saved a dime in electricity.

I pick my battles with him. (sigh)

Don't ask me how a conservative like me every fell in love with a Democrat like him, I don't know myself.

We just did.

Obviously, we don't discuss politics at home.

:D

They get brighter the longer they are on. I don't see any difference here and this house is full of the ones that last 9 years. I'd rather not have to change bulbs.

I cant get excited about this....................

I have already changed mine, realized the savings and wont go back.

Unfortunately for me, my husband is a Democrat and he thinks those bendy straw lightbulbs are great.

I think they aren't because you have to turn on twice as many lights to see what you could with ONE 100 watt bulb.

I have to turn on every light in the kitchen (five) when I could just turn on ONE incadescent bulb. And if a bulb breaks, I can just sweep it up and throw it away. I don't need hazmat to come out to throw it away.

No amount of reason will convince him, they are stupid. I don't see where we have saved a dime in electricity.

Don't ask me how a conservative like me every fell in love with a Democrat like him, I don't know myself.

We just did.

They get brighter the longer they are on. I don't see any difference here and this house is full of the ones that last 9 years. I'd rather not have to change bulbs.

if/when the CFL's go... try the LED's. I am very happy with mine.

I just know that no way on the planet am I ever going to believe that something with mercury in it is going to be screwed in my house.

Mercury is not my friend. And if the rest of you want to do so, by all means go for it. But stay out of my freaking life.

It's really that simple.

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

Good deal! It's a start.

We need to vote in a lot more conservatives before we can undo all the destructive Democrat policies of the last (almost) six years.

Not so much. All they did was defund the enforcement. No one is actually making the old bulbs anymore...
you can then order from out of country too then. Many over seas would sell for the good ole yankee dollar, shipping more wealth abroad for the better product.

:lol: That is so stupid. It isn't a better product and it is more expensive to order it from another country..

We just did.

Do they have a bluish light?

We just did.

I have some CFL, some LED (mainly for the outside lights) but also some natural light bulbs, since my oldest has S.A.D. and requires natural light during the winter... and I tell you, it is/was hard finding them like I used to... hopefully gets easier and I will indeed stock up

I just know that no way on the planet am I ever going to believe that something with mercury in it is going to be screwed in my house.

Mercury is not my friend. And if the rest of you want to do so, by all means go for it. But stay out of my freaking life.

It's really that simple.

So it doesn't matter if more mercury makes it way into the environment as long as it isn't in your house?

That doesn't seem very fair.

Here is my deal. Politicians screaming about something they know jack shit about pisses me off to no end.
Lightbulbs. All of a sudden these so called geniuses that were dog catchers in a former life before we sent them up the political food chain ban freaking lightbulbs.

Then they want to ban plastic bags from the grocery store. And some woman in the White House who has never taken a nutrition course in her life is going on about how and what and when we should eat.

Has everyone lost their minds even believing in anything these morons are spoon feeding us via the media?

I don't blame crazy left wing power trippers. It's always been their game. But I am seriously worried about the number of people I see buying into these stupid rule games.

Here is my deal. Politicians screaming about something they know jack shit about pisses me off to no end.
Lightbulbs. All of a sudden these so called geniuses that were dog catchers in a former life before we sent them up the political food chain ban freaking lightbulbs.

Then they want to ban plastic bags from the grocery store. And some woman in the White House who has never taken a nutrition course in her life is going on about how and what and when we should eat.

Has everyone lost their minds even believing in anything these morons are spoon feeding us via the media?

I don't blame crazy left wing power trippers. It's always been their game. But I am seriously worried about the number of people I see buying into these stupid rule games.

Let's assume for a moment that your sole reason for not wanting the ban is the mercury content of CFL, but fact of the matter is the production process of incandescent produces a far larger footprint of mercury, even though the product itself contains none.

It's really that simple.

So it doesn't matter if more mercury makes it way into the environment as long as it isn't in your house?

That doesn't seem very fair.

I don't expect you to follow my every post. But you obviously missed my posts re: backdooring the situation up here in Canada where we got mercury banned. Consequently we have got a situation where the bulbs are good to go till 2015,

And my other post where I put up in no uncertain terms that one of the reasons I really detest mercury and it's impact on the planet was fighting tooth and nail over the mercury poisoning of First Nations up here over fish.

It was a beyond bad deal. Many people died horrid deaths.

ETA: I've done as much fighting as I can. If there are willing accomplices who think mercury filled light bulbs are the answer in their lives I can't do anything about stupidity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back