Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban

I switched to those new bulbs, and they work quite well.

The Republicans are always trying to make sure the extraction companies make as much money as possible.

I thought you were an environmentalist? Why do you want to poison our water, and kill people?

I switched to those new bulbs, and they work quite well.

The Republicans are always trying to make sure the extraction companies make as much money as possible.

Uh, no. We want to make sure that the stuff that fuels our economy is available.If you really want to get rid of evil "Big Oil", show me a viable alternative. There are none, at this time.

go with the LED versions people. Yes, they are way more expensive, but prices will come down eventually. Also, they generate almost no heat to speak of, are just as bright, will last practically forever, and use a tiny fraction of the electricity conventional 'Edison' bulbs do.

Thank you, I still have a few to go. :D

OMG I've got to keep a heads up. Too freaking funny. I'm still lmao over the kid in the bottom drawer.

Keep going and I'll now really watch for you.

My son did the same thing at that age. When you hear stories of children wearing out the fridge door. THERE TRUE!!:lol:

I never paid much attention to the family photo album growing up ( yes kiddies there was such a thing before a command called "upload" :D) and then one day my mom starts showing Traveller my baby albums.

There's this picture of me with my hand squeezed in the door of the Frigidaire with me crying and a caption they wrote " I want some cheese".

Now bless their souls and they were good parents and have passed on, but holy freaking toledo who thought it was a good idea to go get the old camera out and take a picture of me bawling my eyes out with my fingers stuck in the fridge door?

Was one of them a secret serial killer?

:eusa_silenced:

Please keep the funny kid photos coming! Obviously there are other crazy parents out there too.

go with the LED versions people. Yes, they are way more expensive, but prices will come down eventually. Also, they generate almost no heat to speak of, are just as bright, will last practically forever, and use a tiny fraction of the electricity conventional 'Edison' bulbs do.

What's with the happy moment over generating no heat?

Pennsylvania should have you happy that anything generates heat. I'm today at a high of minus 5 C tomorrow is going to be a balmy plus 2 C and the lows are in the double digits.

I want heat. I need heat. When it actually hits minus 20 C and it does out here and that's the high for the day, do you think I care about anything other than heating the house?

Mercury is very" bad for you" I'm writing this in crayon for the morons, and well being one of those souls who fought like hell against mercury and mercury contaminated fish that were killing First Nations up here, let alone wildlife I hate the freaking stuff.

I'm no science chick, but my husband is a science dude and as he puts it even in the smallest amount it's a neuro toxin.

Bad. Really bad.

Mercury is very" bad for you" I'm writing this in crayon for the morons, and well being one of those souls who fought like hell against mercury and mercury contaminated fish that were killing First Nations up here, let alone wildlife I hate the freaking stuff.

I'm no science chick, but my husband is a science dude and as he puts it even in the smallest amount it's a neuro toxin.

Bad. Really bad.

Workers handling mercury like this require extreme medical monitoring
workers-handling-mercury-like.jpg

thank goodness that republicans have their priorities in order

just like the dems had their priorities in order when they came up with this bullshit to begin with??

it was done under bush
once you get it through your think head it doesn't matter republican or democrat it's not about caring for your well being that the government does this shit but for control the better you will be.

What's with the happy moment over generating no heat?

Pennsylvania should have you happy that anything generates heat. I'm today at a high of minus 5 C tomorrow is going to be a balmy plus 2 C and the lows are in the double digits.

I want heat. I need heat. When it actually hits minus 20 C and it does out here and that's the high for the day, do you think I care about anything other than heating the house?

Well, LED's generally generate about half the heat of a conventional bulb, but depending on how many you have in your house, you could run your heater for far longer than you usually could without upending the electric bill.

Congress can't get anything else accomplished......but they can protect an obsolete technology
How are they obsolete? They cost more and as far as I can tell, don't last much longer than regular bulbs.

Also, lifting a ban is not "protecting", in this case it's bringing back freedom of choice.

You ARE for Freedom of Choice right?
No he is not, he is an obamabot which means he is against America.

I'll wait for 10 years. Till then, it's incandescent for me.

I don't understand this fascination with incandescent, why do you want to keep them? Are you on a budget? If you are LED is one of the best ways to go. Or replacing one bulb a month if it's a big cost.

I don't understand this fascination with incandescent, why do you want to keep them? Are you on a budget? If you are LED is one of the best ways to go. Or replacing one bulb a month if it's a big cost.

They want their incandeescents because they think they are sticking it to Obama.......even though it was Bush who signed the hateful law

We have these stupid bulbs in our bathroom because hubby wanted to try them . They take forever to light up the mirror thank god I have two other lights I have to turn on just to give enough light to get ready in morning

Buy LED's instead of fluorescent then. They turn on instantly and are much brighter.

Exactly why I hate LED's as well. I personally need a softer light, not something brighter. My next door neighbor is the only one in our neighborhood that has LED Christmas lights outside her house. Damn near lights up the whole neighborhood.

Flourescents ... forget it. When I turn a light on I expect it to come on. I don't feel the need to have to wait for the bulb to warm up.

Forum List

Back