Confusing time for Conservatives... allow the Boss to help!

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I totally get it.

Of all the people on USMB who are Conservative, I get it. I understand the disappointment and feeling of hopelessness in having to accept Donald Trump as the GOP nominee over a more conservative candidate. I have grappled with this for weeks now, flipping it over and over in my mind like a horrible shit pancake. There's no good option here for Conservatives.

I listen to the stalwart and usually reliable and reasoned voices of Conservatism... they're all over the board. Glenn Beck absolutely despises Trump... Mark Levin has lambasted him... Cruz refuses to endorse him... Jeff Sessions loves him... Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio can't support him... Laura Ingraham and Herman Cain are in the tank FOR Trump... Micheal Savage wants to have his baby... Fox News appeared to be against him at first, now they're all for him... Breitbart is his biggest cheerleader... National Review hates him... Rush, the most outspoken Conservative in the country, remains somewhat tacit in his support but clearly opposed to Hillary. So what the hell do WE do, as Conservatives?

The first thing to note is, if we were Liberals, this would be a nightmare... we don't have any clear "marching orders" here! Our pundits and usual sources are all over the board. Meanwhile, the disgusting Liberals nudge us to abandon any thought of supporting Trump... and worst of all, Trump's core supporters seem to want to constantly kick Conservatives in the nuts when they get a chance. So it's VERY confusing to us TRUE Conservatives.... should we vote for this guy or not? CAN we vote for this guy? :dunno:

Here is how I have chosen to look at this. Trump is not my choice... I disagree with many of the things he has said. I don't believe he is a Conservative nor do I believe he will do anything to advance the Conservative agenda. That said, he is also not an ideologue. He is not owned by special interests or lobbyists. He is NOT "establishment" ...He has no allegiance to party or platform. That can be good and bad.

Now... Glenn Beck's main argument is, we cannot abandon our principles to support any candidate. I agree with his point BUT... the fact remains, come November, either Trump or Clinton will be elected president. That's just a reality and fact of life. Short of something fatal happening to one of them, there is no possibility it can be anyone else. So we, as conservatives, have to come to terms with this. Trump may not represent what we believe but he is not Hillary Clinton. Yes, I know... tired cliche that you're sick of hearing, but true, nonetheless.

Lucky for myself, I live in a state that will overwhelmingly support Trump in the general. So I don't actually even have to vote. But what if I lived in a swing state? What if my state was a toss-up and could go either way? If ever there was a "hold your nose and vote" moment, this would be the epitome. I don't like him, wish it wasn't him, but the alternative is too unthinkable to consider anything other than voting for him.

If Hillary wins, the Conservative movement is dead and buried for the next 50 years at least. There is no coming back in 2020.... or 2024. Everything that you know and love as a Conservative is over and we are on our way to becoming a full-blown Marxist State. With 4-5 SCOTUS picks, Hillary will fundamentally change the course of our nation for many years to come and there will not be anything we can do to stop that.

So.... Let us try to set aside our Conservative ideals for a moment and consider some positives about Trump. Already mentioned, he is not an ideologue. He doesn't have an ideological agenda. He may not support the policies we want but he isn't likely to be radical and dangerous in his policies... certainly not to the degree of Hillary Clinton. He has shown the ability to handle the shit-throwing left with moxie and chutzpah. He is not afraid to go after the liberal left and Hillary in particular. The speech he gave this week was a total evisceration of her and it clearly rattled her and her supporters as evidenced by her rambling and incoherent rebuttal along with the emotive bleats here on USMB following his comments.

Trump is like the Dirty Harry of politics... sometimes you don't need the nice cop who plays by the rules because the enemy is so sleazy and underhanded. Sometimes, it takes a caustic jackhole to deal with caustic jackholes. Look at the last couple of elections and even the last several years of Bush's presidency... they were timid and afraid to take them on... to get down in the mud with them... to lower themselves to that standard... Trump's not afraid one little bit. I can't imagine McCain, Romney, Bush or even Ted Cruz taking the buzz saw to Hillary the way Trump did this week. They all want to tiptoe around and look "presidential" while Trump cuts to the chase and says what needs to be said. Maybe Trump is exactly what we need to bury these miscreants?

Oh, I know... he can be embarrassing and cringe-worthy. His personality is hard to take at times. But, so what? We're not electing a best friend or someone we would even necessarily like as a person. We're electing the better of two options that are not optimal. I don't need to endorse everything he says or stands for. My supporting him doesn't imply I totally agree with him. There is plenty of time, after he is elected, to criticize him and take him to task on things we disagree on. Right now, we have to support him because the alternative is unthinkable.

well, that was a rather lengthy way of saying, I'm just going to go with the R's, even if the R candidate is unfit to command, and unfit to serve, and unfit for office.... to hell with our Nation, because he's an R, I'll vote for him regardless of his ballistic, narcissistic, Trump First always,his ignorant, racist and bigoted views, his divisiveness, his mouth, his continual lying, his boasting..... A president of a Nation, he should never, ever in a million years, be.

How about putting your NATION first....TRUMP is Dangerous, for all of us....for every single one of us....he's no less than the antichrist....Hillary however bad, is better than the antichrist.... :eek:

Try again in 4 years with someone better.

well, that was a rather lengthy way of saying, I'm just going to go with the R's, even if the R candidate is unfit to command, and unfit to serve, and unfit for office.... to hell with our Nation, because he's an R, I'll vote for him regardless of his ballistic, narcissistic, Trump First always,his ignorant, racist and bigoted views, his divisiveness, his mouth, his continual lying, his boasting..... A president of a Nation, he should never, ever in a million years, be.

How about putting your NATION first....TRUMP is Dangerous, for all of us....for every single one of us....he's no less than the antichrist....Hillary however bad, is better than the antichrist.... :eek:

Well, I haven't decided for sure if I am going to vote for him yet or not but it's because I don't live in a swing state. He will win Alabama with 70% or more. BUT... I really don't think he is that bad of a candidate, especially compared to the alternative.

Hillary is the one who is completely unqualified and unfit to serve. She should be in prison. Our nation can't handle 4 more years of progressive liberalism... Sorry, just can't do it. Not just from a policy perspective but the damage that will be done to the Supreme Court... that's the real biggie. If those picks go to a progressive liberal, the nation as we know it will cease to exist.

Okay, they just had a vote this week where FOUR justices basically voted to do away with separation of powers. We literally came within a gnat's hair of becoming a dictatorship where one man holds all power.

Now... you go right ahead and hurl whatever nasty and obscene names at Trump you want to... I don't think anyone is listening but your own choir. And the "Antichrist" stuff? ...don't make me laugh. What are you sleazebuckets going to go after the Evangelical vote now? Too funny!

Boss is a True Conservative. That's why he's willing to support someone who isn't anything like a conservative.

But....he hasn't decided yet.

Great thread.

i guess you missed the part about 3 or 4 SCOTUS justices.....

Well, I haven't decided for sure if I am going to vote for him yet or not but it's because I don't live in a swing state. He will win Alabama with 70% or more. BUT... I really don't think he is that bad of a candidate, especially compared to the alternative.

Hillary is the one who is completely unqualified and unfit to serve. She should be in prison. Our nation can't handle 4 more years of progressive liberalism... Sorry, just can't do it. Not just from a policy perspective but the damage that will be done to the Supreme Court... that's the real biggie. If those picks go to a progressive liberal, the nation as we know it will cease to exist.

Okay, they just had a vote this week where FOUR justices basically voted to do away with separation of powers. We literally came within a gnat's hair of becoming a dictatorship where one man holds all power.

Now... you go right ahead and hurl whatever nasty and obscene names at Trump you want to... I don't think anyone is listening but your own choir. And the "Antichrist" stuff? ...don't make me laugh. What are you sleazebuckets going to go after the Evangelical vote now? Too funny!
i don't care about getting the evangelicals... if they support Trump then they have been deluded, as God said would happen... they become the antichrist's ''minions'' because they are not really solid with the Lord.... read 2Thessalonians...I believe it's chapter 2??? ALL the characteristics of the antichrist are written in there... The Don meets all of them.... :eek: I know my fellow liberals will laugh at me and say I'm crazy to boot for these beliefs but I don't care....prophesy is right before our eyes imo, and I am not going to ignore it!

So, that is why conservatives are lining up behind Trump!!

Forget your principles! Fight against Hillary!!. Think about the SCOTUS!!

Question: What if you elect Trump and out of spite starts working with the DNC?? What if, the Trump trades away a judge pick to, say, Pelosi?

There is a high chance of this happening with Trump as President. So the SCOTUS argument is kind of weak!! Trump is a wheel and dealer, give up on the SCOTUS.

In fact, give up on a mostly conservative administration in the whitehouse!

Its admitted liberal, or a confused liberal. That is the Hillary vs Trump election!!

So, that is why conservatives are lining up behind Trump!!

Forget your principles! Fight against Hillary!!. Think about the SCOTUS!!

Question: What if you elect Trump and out of spite starts working with the DNC?? What if, the Trump trades away a judge pick to, say, Pelosi?

There is a high chance of this happening with Trump as President. So the SCOTUS argument is kind of weak!! Trump is a wheel and dealer, give up on the SCOTUS.

In fact, give up on a mostly conservative administration in the whitehouse!

Its admitted liberal, or a confused liberal. That is the Hillary vs Trump election!!

I love the analogy someone said elsewhere... Behind Door #1 is a man-eating lion... behind Door #2 might be a man-eating lion... Which door do you pick? Not Hillary Clinton!

It doesn't matter to me what Trump MIGHT do... I KNOW what Hillary will do.

There's another way of looking at it too... Trump likes being adored. If he gets up there and starts assing things up, those who supported him will let him know.

What is "kind of weak" is your argument that with Trump, I won't get a conservative administration.... And I suppose, with Hillary that's a possibility??? :dunno:

Forum List

Back