Confused about this. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

God, Jesus, The Holy Ghost. 3 separate entities or one in the same?

3 separate entities.

God is the Creator. (S)He is the one that made the universe possible. Interestingly enough, according to many religions (Judaic among them), God is actually both male and female.

The Holy Ghost. That is actually God's connection to each of us via our soul. But, I suppose the Catholics had to twist it around a bit to get the pagans of Rome onboard.

Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians). He's actually God's Son, and was sent here to teach everone else how to live. It started even earlier with Moses, but Israel turned away from HaShem, because they allowed idol worshipping in their land (check Judges sometime). Yeshua was sent to show us where we were going off the track. Why else do you think He was upset with the moneychangers in the Temple?

Jesus was a prophet givin the gift of the word of God like Abraham and Mohammad as well as others.
It wasn't until the pagan Romans were having riots in their streets between Christians and pagans did the state government intervene and create a new government to rule over its people. They chose Christianity because thats the side that was growing and winning. However to control this mass they needed to change it from a message of a new way of life to something that they could centrally control. By making a voice to be a go between from man to God=pope and to have pagans accept these teachings of A hebrew they needed to remove the hebrew in him by making him son of God. Thus taking the Gin=holy spirit God=father and Jesus the son.
You will find few Christians who could wrap their minds around this concept but if thought with common sense and not passion it will come together.
So use your faith (not your taught lessons) to answer these questions: Do you feel God is limited by the rules that our church leaders have stated that he is?
Do you think that God has forsaken all others except your personal group?

Do you really think it is an accident that to discredit Jesus as being human his wife was written in history as being Mary Magdiline a whore? And any non negative messages that were from his wife where changed to be mother Mary the virgin? Or an evil mans way of achieving power?
hmm knowledge is power and by preventing it power is kept.

It doesnt really matter if you believe Christ is the son of God. The problem is that the two other peoples given Gods message have been cut off from you. think of it as three links of chain, Christian being the middle link but severed on both sides.
Does that seem like the devils work to keep Gods peoples at odds or do you think God wants us to hate and distrust our brothers? hmmm deep thoughts so prove you are not the simple christian the media presents you as and start to learn.

In answer to your own questions highlighted in red:

No to the first question.
No to the second question.
Excuse me? I am not the simple christian.Never claimed I was a christian at all unless you want to put Pagan in front of it.
And I am learning. By asking questions.

3 separate entities.

God is the Creator. (S)He is the one that made the universe possible. Interestingly enough, according to many religions (Judaic among them), God is actually both male and female.

The Holy Ghost. That is actually God's connection to each of us via our soul. But, I suppose the Catholics had to twist it around a bit to get the pagans of Rome onboard.

Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians). He's actually God's Son, and was sent here to teach everone else how to live. It started even earlier with Moses, but Israel turned away from HaShem, because they allowed idol worshipping in their land (check Judges sometime). Yeshua was sent to show us where we were going off the track. Why else do you think He was upset with the moneychangers in the Temple?

Three separate entities but sharing one spiritual "essence"...ie, God?

The trinity is one of those beautiful things that leads to contemplation of God.

The mother goddess has sort of the same thing going, I think. Don't (or didn't) people worship different aspects of the female goddess?

But here's something weird...I think the trinity could be explained GENETICALLY if we could only completely understand genetics. I honestly believe genetics are the key to the mind of God.

Which of course means we'll never fully understand them...just get glimpses...

:) I've always said that if the likes of us lowly humans could figure out, fully define, fully explain God, He wouldn't be much of a God. But bless our hearts we keep trying. Those of us who KNOW He exists, those who WANT Him to exist, and those who seem so desperate to make a point that He doesn't exist. :)

Beautifully said.

I like 'water' as a metaphor for the Trinity. Water can be solid (ice), liquid, or gas (water vapor or steam)--each different in form, characteristics and capabilities but it is all the same water.

God is the Father Creator with no definable form and also the Son assuming human form that could touch, be touched, hunger, thirst, become weary, bleed, love, laugh, and be tempted and also be the Spirit that is the essence or invisible presence of God that is everywhere. Different form, characteristics, and capabilities but all the same God.

Very good analogy. Then may I ask, who was Jesus praying to? If they are the same entity, then why ask "Father, why have you forsaken me?" If he was the "father", wouldn't that mean that he had forsaken himself? Why ask the question? I love the analogy, it's very clever, but still circular. :clap2:

Oh damn good question. See? It's all so confusing. Which is why I avoid organized religion and just go on what is in my heart between God...and..um..His other parts.

I like 'water' as a metaphor for the Trinity. Water can be solid (ice), liquid, or gas (water vapor or steam)--each different in form, characteristics and capabilities but it is all the same water.

God is the Father Creator with no definable form and also the Son assuming human form that could touch, be touched, hunger, thirst, become weary, bleed, love, laugh, and be tempted and also be the Spirit that is the essence or invisible presence of God that is everywhere. Different form, characteristics, and capabilities but all the same God.

Very good analogy. Then may I ask, who was Jesus praying to? If they are the same entity, then why ask "Father, why have you forsaken me?" If he was the "father", wouldn't that mean that he had forsaken himself? Why ask the question? I love the analogy, it's very clever, but still circular. :clap2:

Jesus was God but fully human, at the mercy of the Creator God as we all are, and fully able to feel pain and fully rational to dread and be afraid of what he knew he would be facing. If he was not subject to all those emotions and subject to all the frailties as are all humans, his being fully human would have been a farce. So as the human, Jesus of Nazareth, he would pray to God the Father as would any other human. It is one of the mysteries perhaps that cannot be fully understood except via the Holy Spirit as the Apostle Paul suggested? I don't know. But I am comfortable with that explanation and am in awe that God would willingly subject himself to that on our behalf.

3 separate entities.

Three separate entities but sharing one spiritual "essence"...ie, God?

Sort of, but not exactly. The "essence" is God, the connection between God and all of us (remember, it is stated that not a sparrow falls from the sky without being noticed) is the Holy Spirit, and Yeshua is the example of how we're supposed to live our lives.

Incidentally, I've never understood those "prophets" and the like who claim to be the reincarnation of Yeshua. First off, He didn't die, He was resurrected, and second off, many of them tend to really twist His teachings.

Me? I'd rather be known as His little brother. Why? Simple........think of it.......what does a big brother do? That's right, stands in your corner when you upset Father, as well as teaches you things about the world. Since Yeshua was sent by God to join the family of mankind, and since He came to earth over 2,000 years ago, that makes Him my big brother, because I'm only 47.

Oh damn good question. See? It's all so confusing. Which is why I avoid organized religion and just go on what is in my heart between God...and..um..His other parts.

And in the end, your relationship and love for God is all that matters. Everyone has a different view on the how's, but no one really knows. How could they? I'll make an analogy of my own.

God wants everyone to come to Heaven. Say that "Heaven" is actually some town in Kansas and we all have our appointed time to get there. Now, you could be coming from Los Angeles, someone from Seattle, someone from New York, someone from Dallas and someone from Miami. We can all argue over which highway is quicker or better, but if we all get to "Heaven" Kansas at our appointed times as God really wanted, does it all really matter? Go the way you feel is best to get there, don't worry so much about the other roads, as long as you get there my friend, that is the true point.

Last edited:
I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

Must be why you are a supporter of AAAS, they believe in them also. Why esle would they take their science with a side of parapsychology?

What does the AAAS really think of the Parapsychological Association? - Yahoo! Answers

Under the direction of anthropologist Margaret Mead, the Parapsychological Association took a large step in advancing the field of parapsychology in 1969 when it became affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the largest general scientific society in the world. In 1979, physicist John A. Wheeler argued that parapsychology is pseudoscientific, and that the affiliation of the PA to the AAAS needed to be reconsidered. His challenge to parapsychology's AAAS affiliation was unsuccessful. Today, the PA consists of about three hundred full, associate, and affiliated members worldwide.

Parapsychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----------------------------

Get it? 300? Probably the same number of people in the Republican Party who believe in "evolution". Or the number of gays that belong to the Republican party that aren't in the "closet".

And in the end, your relationship and love for God is all that matters. Everyone has a different view on the how's, but no one really knows. How could they? I'll make an analogy of my own.

God wants everyone to come to Heaven. Say that "Heaven" is actually some town in Kansas and we all have our appointed time to get there. Now, you could be coming from Los Angeles, someone from Seattle, someone from New York, someone from Dallas and someone from Miami. We can all argue over which highway is quicker or better, but if we all get to "Heaven" Kansas at our appointed times as God really wanted, does it all really matter? Go the way you feel is best to get there, don't worry so much about the other roads, as long as you get there my friend, that is the true point.

Does God have "whiskers"?

Jesus is an extension of God and therefore a part of God. To our meager comprehension of existence, sending what to us is a son, was the only way that we could relate to the Trinity. The Holy ghost is also an extension of God. We cannot fully comprehend the existence of God. Just like we cannot comprehend infinity because to human beings there is always a beginning and an end. To God there is infinity and immortality, forever and forever.

It is a mystery of faith Grace. It is said they are one, yet separate and coequal. When I can't understand something I can either reject it or have faith. God is about faith.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

I do believe in ghosts.

I do
I do
I do
I do

I do believe in ghosts.

Must be why you are a supporter of AAAS, they believe in them also. Why esle would they take their science with a side of parapsychology?

What does the AAAS really think of the Parapsychological Association? - Yahoo! Answers

Under the direction of anthropologist Margaret Mead, the Parapsychological Association took a large step in advancing the field of parapsychology in 1969 when it became affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the largest general scientific society in the world. In 1979, physicist John A. Wheeler argued that parapsychology is pseudoscientific, and that the affiliation of the PA to the AAAS needed to be reconsidered. His challenge to parapsychology's AAAS affiliation was unsuccessful. Today, the PA consists of about three hundred full, associate, and affiliated members worldwide.

Parapsychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----------------------------

Get it? 300? Probably the same number of people in the Republican Party who believe in "evolution". Or the number of gays that belong to the Republican party that aren't in the "closet".

Nice try dingbat. Just because you do not click on links does not mean no one else does. I read both of the links you gave and neither of them say anything about how many members the PA has.

Also, as I conclusively demonstrated in your evolution thread, you know less about evolution than you do about politics. I still find that a remarkable accomplishment given how little you know about politics.

An association that is supposed to be dedicated to science is willing to accept people who believe in ghosts and work with them to advance that belief. Remember that the next time you spout that quote about only 6% of the AAAS being Republicans. It seems the Repblican scientists have too much respect for science to join an organization that promotes mysticism.

Jesus is an extension of God and therefore a part of God. To our meager comprehension of existence, sending what to us is a son, was the only way that we could relate to the Trinity. The Holy ghost is also an extension of God. We cannot fully comprehend the existence of God. Just like we cannot comprehend infinity because to human beings there is always a beginning and an end. To God there is infinity and immortality, forever and forever.

Actually, we don't really have an "end".........it's just that we shuffle off this mortal coil.

Wanna know why?

The first law of thermodynamics refers to thermodynamic processes in which heat and work can be distinguished and measured.

It is often expressed by the statement that in a thermodynamic process the increment in the internal energy of a system is equal to the increment of heat supplied to the system, minus the increment of work done by the system on its surroundings.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

The first law of thermodynamics observes the principle of conservation of energy. Energy can be transformed, i.e. changed from one form to another, but cannot be created nor destroyed.

First law of thermodynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What runs your body? I'll give you a hint.......your brain generates 20-25 watts every second you're alive.........it's the electricity in your nervous system (i.e. energy).

Interestingly enough, MANY different religions (Judaic included) speak of reincarnation. Some of us decide to come back, and on occasion, some will remember past lives.

Are individual humans separate entities or one in the same?

Humans are individuals, but we are the same in nature. So there is only one makind.

I believe you can draw the same analogy for the Christian God.

Forum List

Back