CDZ Confused about gender politics, help!

If you look like a man and you are wearing a dress, you are still a HE (a weird he, but still a he).

The other thing is the concept of "gender fluid" where they don't identify with any one, or can change their mind on a day to day basis what they want to be called.

That is really messed up. On most days, I feel like a person and my gender is not the first and foremost thing on my mind, and that is how I know they are fucked up.

if someone was nice about it, I probably would accomodate them.

I don't really think it is the healthy thing to do though. Feeding a delusion is usually never a good idea because it doesn't really help any underlying issues.

As long as the only person they are deluding is themselves, I feel no need to interfere.

As long as they are nice about it, I will call them whatever they want to be called.

The second they get nasty about it, that's when I go into Fuck You mode.

Sure I probably would too, just to be polite, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable about doing it.

I don't think I could handle the drama of having a transgender friend. :lol:

:yapyapyapf:

I don't have one, but I was sitting next to one in a restaurant this week. She (dressed like a woman and had either tits or was wearing tit simulators) also used the term gender fluid so I have a feeling the lower plumbing was still twig and berries.

She just struck me (from the conversation at the table) as some typical lefty progressive.

The other thing is the concept of "gender fluid" where they don't identify with any one, or can change their mind on a day to day basis what they want to be called.

That is really messed up. On most days, I feel like a person and my gender is not the first and foremost thing on my mind, and that is how I know they are fucked up.

I don't really think it is the healthy thing to do though. Feeding a delusion is usually never a good idea because it doesn't really help any underlying issues.

As long as the only person they are deluding is themselves, I feel no need to interfere.

As long as they are nice about it, I will call them whatever they want to be called.

Sure I probably would too, just to be polite, but I still wouldn't feel comfortable about doing it.

Understandable, but as long as you keep your discomfort to yourself, I would think the other people should be OK with that.

It's what we used to call "polite society"

If you look like a man and you are wearing a dress, you are still a HE (a weird he, but still a he).

Back in the day, when someone identified as gender fluid, they ended up in a white jacket in a rubber room. Today, they are leaders of the Democrat party.

View attachment 185490

A free society should be able to handle it's weird fringe contingent.

The problem is that some of them want to be accepted as mainstream, and if they don't get that, they want the people rejecting their views be punished, be it by the mob, or by government.

As long as they aren't dangerous, I see no reason for confinement to a mental institution. I just find them to be weird and strange is all. I don't want to harm them or stop them from doing whatever they like as long as they aren't hurting or bothering anyone else.

Understandable, but as long as you keep your discomfort to yourself, I would think the other people should be OK with that.

But why do I have to keep my feelings to myself if they don't? Why can't they do their cross dressing at home? Lol.

But why do I have to keep my feelings to myself if they don't? Why can't they do their cross dressing at home? Lol.

We do that all the time in polite society, not just in this situation.

I may not like the guy with the prison tats sitting next to me on the subway, but I don't make that known to him. I may disagree with a person's politics, but I don't bring it up at say a work function where it isn't material to the event or conversation.

If you have to interact with a trans person, if they can be nice, you can be nice, like any other civil public interaction.

I don't know, but I just find the whole thing to be quite confusing. If a man is gay and is looking for men who like MEN, then why try to act and dress like a woman? :eusa_think: In what world does this make any sense at all?

I may not like the guy with the prison tats sitting next to me on the subway, but I don't make that known to him. I may disagree with a person's politics, but I don't bring it up at say a work function where it isn't material to the event or conversation.

If you have to interact with a trans person, if they can be nice, you can be nice, like any other civil public interaction.

Well, you wouldn't know that you disagree if THEY weren't talking about first, Right? :D

Well, you wouldn't know that you disagree if THEY weren't talking about first, Right? :D

I work in NYC and I am a conservative/libertarian. 90% of the time they will disagree. Also as usual progressive ideas can be discussed without fear or backlash, but I have to keep my mouth shut except for a few close co-workers who know I am not a nazi.

I accept that fact and just deal with it. That is probably why I use this message board as an outlet.

I work in NYC and I am a conservative/libertarian. 90% of the time they will disagree. Also as usual progressive ideas can be discussed without fear or backlash, but I have to keep my mouth shut except for a few close co-workers who know I am not a nazi.

I accept that fact and just deal with it. That is probably why I use this message board as an outlet.

Well, I don't think that is not cool that feel you cannot discuss YOUR views for fear of having them cast their judgment upon you whereas they are free to discuss their views openly. That is the very definition of tyranny.

If they are allowed to vilify you and your views, then we can do the same to them, and they should just shut the hell up and tolerate it. :D

I work in NYC and I am a conservative/libertarian.
I am sorry that you have to be abused..

Well, I don't think that is not cool that feel you cannot discuss YOUR views for fear of having them cast their judgment upon you whereas they are free to discuss their views openly. That is the very definition of tyranny.

Yeah, it sucks, but since its work friends I have to watch for my own bottom line.

The ones I hang out with outside of work functions know my views and are OK with them.

It's not right, but it is reality.

If they are allowed to vilify you and your views, then we can do the same to them, and they should just shut the hell up and tolerate it. :D

Nice concept, but again, not reality.

I'm an Engineer, I deal in reality.

You want me to go beat them up? :D

1,width=300,height=300,appearanceId=196,version=1440417743.jpg

I work in NYC and I am a conservative/libertarian.
I am sorry that you have to be abused..

I don't feel that bad about it. I actually feel sorry for most of them that they are so closed minded, yet think they are so open minded.

Only 1-2 of them are real assholes about it, the rest can be broken into people who truly believe in lefty things, and fellow travellers not really smart enough to form their own opinions so they latch on to whatever is safe.

You want me to go beat them up? :D

Nah, I don't feel threatened by people who don't think like I do.

Even when they get threatening, it's actually kind of cute in a pathetic sort of way.

I think it can probably make matters a lot worse in many cases. It makes it harder for these people to accept reality.

If you come across a male who thinks he is a woman ... Kick him in the nuts, then tell him ...
"It's not the same really, but I'll be back every day this week to kick you in the nuts again ... And we'll just call it your period".

I think it can probably make matters a lot worse in many cases. It makes it harder for these people to accept reality.

If you come across a male who thinks he is a woman ... Kick him in the nuts, then tell him ...
"It's not the same really, but I'll be back every day this week to kick you in the nuts again ... And we'll just call it your period".

Forum List

Back