Condolezza Rice also has a memoir

I guess I prefer to see Sadam as a monster; makes the Middle Eastern Wars at least a little bit defensible.
All of those M.E. countries are some kind of dictatorship.

Who were basically placed in power by one of the colonial powers; Britain, France, or even the U.S.

When Saddam was our good friend and was gassing the Iranians.

We gave him a pat on the back and looked the other way with a smile on our face.

Later, when he gassed the Kurds, We jumped up and down and said he was a monster.

But guess who sold him the equipment and chemicles? wink :eusa_shhh:

I don't believe he lied at the UN. He believed what he said. He also believed and admitted that one reason he backed Obama was because of color. That is when I lost my respect for him.
Neither you nor I are in a position to know what Hussein's military capabilities were, but I think you'll agree that the Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, who has access to the most thorough intelligence available, along with up-to-the-minute reports from the UN inspection teams, would have some idea of what Hussein had and didn't have. Also, his status as a critical member of the Bush Administration afforded him more than a vague idea of what was going on behind closed doors in the White House. So for him to not be aware that the hype about WMD was contrived would place him at the G2 and IQ levels of the average PFC. And we both know Powell had a lot more going for him than that.

What Powell did was to reluctantly show up at the UN with a drawing, a cartoon, a draftsman's rendering of what was supposed to be a mobile germ weapon laboratory but wasn't, and a vial with some white powder in it. Props. Nonsense that would get him kicked out of Small Claims Court. And on the basis of that less-than-flimsy "evidence," along with all the inside information someone in his position had access to, he was willing to serve his master by helping to promote the unlawful and immoral invasion of a non-aggressive nation, knowing it would cost the lives of thousands of American troops and the maiming of thousands more, not to mention the lives and limbs of thousands of innocent Iraqis, including women and children.

Colin Powell has an amazing amount of blood on his hands and he is a miserable disgrace. It's just too bad that people like him, and the master he served, find it so easy to get over on so many Americans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back