Condolezza Rice also has a memoir

Holy shit that avie! I just noticed......

CG, Rice is without a doubt smarter than the average bear. That alone dun make her admirable.

You truely have no issue with the Big Lie?

I am amazed.

CG, Rice is without a doubt smarter than the average bear. That alone dun make her admirable.

I am amazed.

I have issues, but not with Rice or Powell. With Bush and Cheney.

I think both Powell and Rice are exceptional people. Rice is truly gifted and brilliant. I have a huge amount of respect for them both.

I am amazed.

I have issues, but not with Rice or Powell. With Bush and Cheney.

I think both Powell and Rice are exceptional people. Rice is truly gifted and brilliant. I have a huge amount of respect for them both.
I greatly admire Powell, but Bush, Cheney, and Rice are all political hacks.

I used to admire Powell, then he showed his true face.

I was very disappointed when he declined to run for president.

But, I don't blame him for the WMD lies at the UN

I think he was set up to take the fall by the Bush/Cheney administration. :evil:

I don't believe he lied at the UN. He believed what he said. He also believed and admitted that one reason he backed Obama was because of color. That is when I lost my respect for him.

I used to admire Powell, then he showed his true face.

I was very disappointed when he declined to run for president.

But, I don't blame him for the WMD lies at the UN

I think he was set up to take the fall by the Bush/Cheney administration. :evil:

I don't believe he lied at the UN. He believed what he said. He also believed and admitted that one reason he backed Obama was because of color. That is when I lost my respect for him.

I'm not familiar with Powell's UN appearance, but yes, he had to know the WMD were a lie. I cannot look at any of them and not see the thousands of dead American soldiers, and the hundreds of thousands of dead or injured Middle Easterners....all for a lie.

Saddam kept his country together and provided alot of public services for the people.

More women went to universities in pre war Iraq than any other Middle East country.

Powell is way too honorable of a man to lie for any reason.

But, Rice knew the Iraq War/WMD was a lie from the get go and totally defended it.

Sunni Man, Powell is a military man, a general. He knew. I want to think he did not....but he had to...even I knew.

You are ignoring Saddam's games. And the fact that many other countries reported that they believed he had WMD.

Saddam kept his country together and provided alot of public services for the people.

More women went to universities in pre war Iraq than any other Middle East country.

Mussoilini got the trains to run on time, too.

Nothing excuses genocide, Sunni Man.
The Kurds in the north and Shites in the south were trying to kill him and destroy Iraq.

He just did what any other leader would do when faced with a terrorist enemy.

Mussoilini got the trains to run on time, too.

Nothing excuses genocide, Sunni Man.
The Kurds in the north and Shites in the south were trying to kill him and destroy Iraq.

He just did what any other leader would do when faced with a terrorist enemy.

Doubtless you know tons more than I on the subject, but what about the Kuwatis?

Doubtless you know tons more than I on the subject, but what about the Kuwatis?

First of all, I am not saying that Saddam was a saint. He was just another in a long line of Middle East dictators. And could be very brutal if the situation called for it.

Kuwait was once part of Iraq. It was their 19th state.

The British in the 1920's basically broke off a piece of Iraq, Planted a flag in the sand, and created the country of Kuwait to have access to it's oil.

Most Iraqi's supported Saddam's invasion to take back the stolen Iraqi land.

The Bush Sr. administration at first basically gave Saddam the green light to invade Kuwait.

He was our ally at the time.

Then we changed our minds when he did invade.

And the rest is history. :doubt:

Forum List

Back