Condi Rice Blasts Obama on Weakness, Leadership

She should have been president...."Barack Obama of dramatically weakening the United States' position in the world, drawing a straight line between Obama’s ever-yielding foreign" very clear and concise...

1) She didn't blast him at all
2) She wants America to continue on its war-mongering ways - who'd a thunk!
3) One thing I do agree with, she would certainly make it interesting if she ran for the WH

If it must be a woman, then Oh Lord, let it be Condi instead of another Clinton!

She should have been president...."Barack Obama of dramatically weakening the United States' position in the world, drawing a straight line between Obama’s ever-yielding foreign" very clear and concise...

Obama has not weakened the US in any way, shape or form. The right bitch and moan that he is just as responsible for Bush and Iraq and Afghanistan for continuing Dumbya's policies, then they bitch and moan he isn't getting involved enough in the Ukraine. Laughable. Sometimes it appears people moan for the sake of it...

1) She didn't blast him at all
2) She wants America to continue on its war-mongering ways - who'd a thunk!
3) One thing I do agree with, she would certainly make it interesting if she ran for the WH

Dr., the man just keeps on pulling the rug out from under the American people. We are not perceived as the strong country that we once were. This speaks to Obama's foreign policy, in part.

I would call it a fundamental disagreement with him. In my opinion, he went too far in her direction with Syria, Libya, and Crimea. He should have just encouraged everyone to come to a peaceful resolution without the threats and condemnations. Below is the mindset that got us into two wars:
“There’s a vacuum because we’ve decided to lower our voice. We’ve decided to step back. We’ve decided that if we step back and lower our voice, others will lead, other things will fill that vacuum.” Citing Bashar al Assad’s slaughter in Syria, Vladimir Putin’s aggression in Ukraine, al Qaeda’s triumphant return to Fallujah, Iraq, and China’s nationalist fervor, she concluded: “When America steps back and there is a vacuum, trouble will fill that vacuum.”

We don't need to be the "world police". I prefer this type of sentiment with foreign policy:
"
George Washington letter to Partick Henry
Categories: Foreign Policy
Date: October 9, 1775
My ardent desire is, and my aim has been . . . to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other Country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home."

George Washington Farewell Address
Date: September 19, 1796
Observe good faith and justice towards all Nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all.

George Washington Farewell Address
Date: September 19, 1796
'Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent Alliances, with any portion of the foreign world.

Whose foreign policy is closer to George Washington's, Condi's and the Bolton types or Obama's and the Carter types? That said, I like and respect Ms. Rice and I would vote for her over Hillary Clinton.

I don't think Obama is that bad, but Russia is just laughing at the US, Putin doesn't take Obama and the US serious. This might indicate a weakening world power.

No thanks to the so-called neocon foreign policy that now a few Republican conservatives espouse. I find it funny that the aforementioned always touts "the Founding Fathers!" and all that good shit, but when it comes to foreign policy, they abhor the people who want to follow the Founding Father's advice. :)

John Quincy Adams's

Warning Against the Search for "Monsters to Destroy," 1821

And now, friends and countrymen, if the wise and learned philosophers of the elder world, the first observers of nutation and aberration, the discoverers of maddening ether and invisible planets, the inventors of Congreve rockets and Shrapnel shells, should find their hearts disposed to enquire what has America done for the benefit of mankind? Let our answer be this: America, with the same voice which spoke herself into existence as a nation, proclaimed to mankind the inextinguishable rights of human nature, and the only lawful foundations of government. America, in the assembly of nations, since her admission among them, has invariably, though often fruitlessly, held forth to them the hand of honest friendship, of equal freedom, of generous reciprocity. She has uniformly spoken among them, though often to heedless and often to disdainful ears, the language of equal liberty, of equal justice, and of equal rights. She has, in the lapse of nearly half a century, without a single exception, respected the independence of other nations while asserting and maintaining her own. She has abstained from interference in the concerns of others, even when conflict has been for principles to which she clings, as to the last vital drop that visits the heart. She has seen that probably for centuries to come, all the contests of that Aceldama the European world, will be contests of inveterate power, and emerging right. Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example. She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom. The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force.... She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit....

I don't remember politicians from a previous administration criticizing a present one like now. Cheney crawled out of the sewer recently to blast Obama, and now Rice. Imagine, the incompetents that allowed the 9-11 attack to be successful, gave us the Iraq fiasco, and then crashed the US and almost the world economy, having the gall to criticize anyone.

I disagree with her about America's role in the world. We cannot afford to continue bolstering our military just for the sake of policing the world. It's not our job, we don't have the money, and we don't have the moral authority nor the right to tell these countries to do anything.

Condi or Hillary?

Hillary. Even with the Benghazi situation. If it came to either one, I'd have to go with Hillary.

"Condi" is a brain dead idiot who was part of the George W Bush administration. I get it that she would rather not talk about happened when her guy was in office.

WOW. Calling a black woman politician with whom you disagree, "brain dead." Anytime someone on this board disagrees with the President and calls him a name, they are branded "RACIST".

She's the real black president...to be. Though she don't want to be.

Condi has a resume that Hilldabeast would envy. She completely understands the Russians and what they are capable of. She didn't back the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Hilldabeast was a complete failure as Secretary of State.

And best of all, unlike Hilldabeast, she isn't a politician. And a lot better lookin'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back