Concordance of Science and Theology

Even Einstein says that PoliticalSpice is FOS!

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

I don't use the vulgarities that are your default....probably because I'm quite a bit smarter than you are.....

Speaking of which....your remedial education coming right up:

Albert Einstein believed in something like Spinoza's "God": a powerful entity that transcends the world.To Einstein, "God" was the maker of the laws of physics that he, Einstein, saw as his life's role to uncover.
Einstein always thought in terms of an immanent God,the creator of the laws of physics -- not the cranky old man of Genesis, but still a mysterious force that brought us a universe, or at least created the laws of physics."
Aczel,Killing Einstein's God*|*Amir Aczel

In January of 1936, a young girl named Phyllis wrote to Albert Einstein on behalf of her Sunday school class, and asked, "Do scientists pray?"

Dr. Einstein answered as follows:

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

I will attempt to reply to your question as simply as I can. Here is my answer:

Scientists believe that every occurrence, including the affairs of human beings, is due to the laws of nature. Therefore a scientist cannot be inclined to believe that the course of events can be influenced by prayer, that is, by a supernaturally manifested wish.

However, we must concede that our actual knowledge of these forces is imperfect, so that in the end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science.

But also, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is surely quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"
Letters of Note Dear Einstein Do Scientists Pray

So....Einstein speaks for the scientific community here: "... end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science."

Did I mention that you are stupid?
This, earlier in the thread:
" According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deityor higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. "
Scientists and Belief Pew Research Center s Religion Public Life Project

Obviously, Einstein fit in there.

I don't use the vulgarities that are your default....probably because I'm quite a bit smarter than you are.....

Albert Einstein believed in something like Spinoza's "God": a powerful entity that transcends the world.To Einstein, "God" was the maker of the laws of physics that he, Einstein, saw as his life's role to uncover.
Einstein always thought in terms of an immanent God,the creator of the laws of physics -- not the cranky old man of Genesis, but still a mysterious force that brought us a universe, or at least created the laws of physics."

In January of 1936, a young girl named Phyllis wrote to Albert Einstein on behalf of her Sunday school class, and asked, "Do scientists pray?"

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

Scientists believe that every occurrence, including the affairs of human beings, is due to the laws of nature. Therefore a scientist cannot be inclined to believe that the course of events can be influenced by prayer, that is, by a supernaturally manifested wish.

However, we must concede that our actual knowledge of these forces is imperfect, so that in the end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science.

But also, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is surely quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

So....Einstein speaks for the scientific community here: "... end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science."

" According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deityor higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. "

Einstein refuted your misquotation of his alleged beliefs in 1954.

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

So...we agree....you're both a liar and a fool?

Great.

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.

Obviously you can't be a Christian since you bear false witness.

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.

I provided the letter that Einstein wrote referencing faith.

I'm copacetic with the readers of both of our posts deciding from themselves.

The fact is, you will never be able to live down to your reputation!

Ill take the book he authored over some unsubstanciated letter any time. Einstein was an agnostic, not a theist.

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.

I provided the link from 1954 where Einstein denounced your fabricated letter from 1936.

Yes, the readers will clearly see that you are bearing false witness.

Ill take the book he authored over some unsubstanciated letter any time. Einstein was an agnostic, not a theist.

Each day you show up to inform the world about which words you remain clueless.

Today it's "unsubstanciated" (sic).

Do Scientists Pray Einstein Answers a Little Girl s Question about Science vs. Religion Brain Pickings

and

Dear Einstein Do Scientists Pray Asks Sixth Grader -- See His Amazing Response

and

Do Scientists Pray A Young Girl Asks Albert Einstein in 1936. Einstein Then Responds. Open Culture

and more.

Google is your friend.

And...so is spell check.

How about you just admit you're an imbecile?

Do Scientists Pray Einstein Answers a Little Girl s Question about Science vs. Religion Brain Pickings

and

and

Do Scientists Pray A Young Girl Asks Albert Einstein in 1936. Einstein Then Responds. Open Culture

and more.

Google is your friend.

And...so is spell check.

And on what basis do you discount his own fucking book?

Oh right.......yOure an ignorant HACK with no morals or ethics or tact!

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.

I provided the link from 1954 where Einstein denounced your fabricated letter from 1936.

He said no such thing, nor did he mention the letter I quoted.

To prove you aren't a lying sack of offal....quote where he did so.

Waiting.

and

and

and more.

Google is your friend.

And...so is spell check.

Don't you want to thank me for teaching you what "unsubstantiated" doesn't mean?

and

and

and more.

Google is your friend.

And...so is spell check.

Don't you want to thank me for teaching you what "unsubstantiated" doesn't mean?
You couldnt teach jack shit -all of your literature is cherry picked, stolen, out of context or a combination of all three.

You also dip, duck, dodged the point so adding the intellectual coward title to your jungle gym of flaws seems appropriate as well.

Great.

Waiting.

Already did in post #21 above but here it is again for the slow learners like yourself.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.​

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.

I don't see your link, Derideo
Can you provide it for us in an non-replied post?

Edit:OK got the reference from your last post thx

Great.

No problem. But for the record here is the quote in context.

Religious views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, 17 December 1952 Einstein stated, "The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve."[11] Eric Gutkind sent a copy of his book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call To Revolt"[12] to Einstein in 1954. Einstein sent Gutkind a letter in response and wrote, "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."[13][14][15]

On the question of an afterlife Einstein stated to a Baptist pastor, "I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."[16] This sentiment was also expressed in Einstein's The World as I See It, stating: "I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvellous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavour to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature."[17]

On 22 March 1954 Einstein received a letter from Joseph Dispentiere, an Italian immigrant who had worked as an experimental machinist in New Jersey. Dispentiere had declared himself an atheist and was disappointed by a news report which had cast Einstein as conventionally religious. Einstein replied on 24 March 1954:

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.[18]

Great.

No problem. But for the record here is the quote in context.

Religious views of Albert Einstein - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, 17 December 1952 Einstein stated, "The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve."[11] Eric Gutkind sent a copy of his book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call To Revolt"[12] to Einstein in 1954. Einstein sent Gutkind a letter in response and wrote, "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."[13][14][15]

On the question of an afterlife Einstein stated to a Baptist pastor, "I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."[16] This sentiment was also expressed in Einstein's The World as I See It, stating: "I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvellous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavour to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature."[17]

On 22 March 1954 Einstein received a letter from Joseph Dispentiere, an Italian immigrant who had worked as an experimental machinist in New Jersey. Dispentiere had declared himself an atheist and was disappointed by a news report which had cast Einstein as conventionally religious. Einstein replied on 24 March 1954:

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.[18]
But the op gets to take liberties and exclude the above with no justification other than she is dishonest and it doesnt fit her narrative.

Another dishonest hack job by the resident dumbed down version of Emily.

Great.

Waiting.

Already did in post #21 above but here it is again for the slow learners like yourself.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.​

You imbecile....he merely referred to one view of God.

I covered that in the OP:
a. " According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deityor higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. "

"....some form of deity or higher power..."
That would be Einstein's view.

And never mentioned the letter to that little girl....so, we've proven that you are both a liar and a fool.

No news there.

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Great.
We can agree your cutting and pasting of "quotes" is petty and time wasting.

Its quite clear that Einstein didn't accept the Western version of the Judeo-Christian gawds. The fact remains that even if he had, that would mean nothing in terms of "pwoof" and would bring that partisan deity no closer to being true or extant.

This is just another example of the pointlessness that defines your silly cut and paste "quotes".

Forum List

Back