Compelling evidence for the non-existence of God

I see no indication that belief is innate to human beings. All religious belief is the invention of human beings and brought externally to people.

Hollie the Whack Job as Barbie opines:

The scientific fact of the God axioms in human psychology, though they be universal due to the bioneurologically hardwired and absolute laws of human thought, are just figments of human culture! It's all an illusion. No evidence or rational proofs for God's existence exist at all. It's magic. I'm not denying God's existence. I don't even have an idea of God in my mind at all in the first place. How could I? There's no evidence or reason to have such an idea. Magic. I was just walking down the street one day . . . Boom! There it was, the idea of God's existence! Wow! Am I just go around denying the existence of things I have absolutely no idea about or understanding of. Magic. :alcoholic:

You must have been more entertaining as a drunken lush.

M. D. and Hollie are merely the flip sides of the same coin.

Similiar to communism and libertarianism.

Oh, look! It's Jake the Crazy Doll from Whackville.

Of course! Right! Absolutely! The Prophets, Plato, Aristotle, The Apostles, Augustine, Aquinas, Copernicus, Kepler, Bacon, Calvin, Newton, Pascal, Einstein . . . not to mention just the overwhelming majority of mankind since time immemorial . . . are all the flip side of Hollie! There's no evidence or rational reason whatsoever to hold that God must be! None. It's all an illusion.

Jake, Hollie, PrachettFan, guno, GT, Taz, Clayton . . . : the rank imbeciles of the USMB are friggin' geniuses. They know something new: There's no friggin' evidence or reason to believe God exists!

images

You just gave a whole list of human behaviors you think result in religion. I don't think the list comprehensive, but I will certainly concede all of those things are factors. If that isn't innate, I don't know what is. We are a species of believers. It is what we do. We paint pictures, write novels, invent gadgets, and blame our late homework on the dog. We invent new realities all of the time. It is our nature. On what basis would I deny that nature? Where is the reason in that?

Now, really examine your last sentence.... "All religious belief is the invention of human beings and brought externally to people." What is the difference between human beings and people? If they are the same, how can it be external?

Sophomoric baby talk as the objective facts of human cognition regarding the problems of existence and origin fly right over your head.

images

Of course! Right! Absolutely! The Prophets, Plato, Aristotle, The Apostles, Augustine, Aquinas, Copernicus, Kepler, Bacon, Calvin, Newton, Pascal, Einstein . . . not to mention just the overwhelming majority of mankind since time immemorial . . . are all the flip side of Hollie! There's no evidence or rational reason whatsoever to hold that God must be! None. It's all an illusion.

Jake, Hollie, PrachettFan, guno, GT, Taz, Clayton . . . : the rank imbeciles of the USMB are friggin' geniuses. They know something new: There's no friggin' evidence or reason to believe God exists!

images

That bottle of booze is looking better and better to you, right?

Justin, shut up, sit up, grow up.

And listen, wuckfit.

I am a born again in the blood believer in my Lord and Saviour. I call him "Lord", and He calls me by my first name.

My belief, however, does not meet the standards of objective evidence for critical thinking. I admit that. But that does not change what I know.

I don't need wuckfit criticism by social con or atheist standard bearers who do not understand that critical thinking cannot provide objective evidence in either case.

You all need to grow up and understand that difference between faith and critical thinking. Neither can prove or disprove the existence of God.

Have a blessed day.:)

Speak for yourself, lunatic. I don't go around believing in things just because. I leave that sort of thing to dummies like you, Hollie, Taz, PrachettFan.

Hollie and M. D. are both blubbering because they BELIEVE their feelings are evidence but no one else does.

And listen, wuckfit.

I am a born again in the blood believer in my Lord and Saviour. I call him "Lord", and He calls me by my first name.

My belief, however, does not meet the standards of objective evidence for critical thinking. I admit that. But that does not change what I know.

I don't need wuckfit criticism by social con or atheist standard bearers who do not understand that critical thinking cannot provide objective evidence in either case.

You all need to grow up and understand that difference between faith and critical thinking. Neither can prove or disprove the existence of God.

Speak for yourself, lunatic. I don't go around believing in things just because. I leave that sort of thing to dummies like you, Hollie, Taz, PrachettFan.
Justin, you are in the same belief boat like Hollie and M. D. Your feelings are not objective evidence for others.

I mean it. Grow up, and act like an adult.

And listen, wuckfit.

Justin, you are in the same belief boat like Hollie and M. D. Your feelings are not objective evidence for others.

More pointless prattle.

images
Most of them, no, are not the flip side of Hollie.

But since you are not their equivalent, and since they would not accept your silly "I believe, therefore, everyone else has to believe, because I believe" circular nonsense, you and Hollie are the flip side.

And some of us do believe God exists, but we are willing to admit that you, M. D., and your fellow crazies, do not have the objective evidence to prove or disprove that God exists.

Your pig-headedness, like that of PC or Elektra or EC or whomever, makes it so easy to demonstrate how wrong you are, so laughably easy to do so.

The ultimate sophomoric babble: "Sophomoric baby talk as the objective facts of human cognition regarding the problems of existence and origin fly right over your head."

The prattle of the "true believers", whether atheist or religious, troubles the adult conscience.

And listen, wuckfit.

Meaningless blather.

I think you are looking at this with the assumption that if there were "divine intervention" you would recognize it. I have yet to see anyone present any kind of evidence at all, compelling or otherwise, to support the existence or non-existence of God. It is a matter of pure conjecture.

And you will never see any evidence because the cheese apparently slid off your cracker years ago. I'm sorry, PratchettFan, but you are an utter moron. You have been repeating this same stupidity all over this forum. You are easily the most increadibly dense dimwit I've ever encountered in this regard. Hollie's got more sense than you . . . albeit, just barely.

The universe and the contents thereof, coupled with the ramifications of the rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness, i.e., the objective, universally apparent facts of human cognition regarding the problems of existence and origin: these things are the evidence for God's existence. In other words, the existence of the universe, our existence and the subsequent logical proofs/theological axioms of necessity regarding God's existence: that is the evidence! There is no other evidence. What other evidence would there be?

Further:

Conjecture and evidence are not synonymous.

Inference and evidence are not synonymous.​

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Spoken like a true Christian.....smh!

Spoken like a true imbecile. Oh, look, everybody. It's Ken Doll's cousin Carla the Dingbat Doll.

That's pretty lame. Maybe you should go back to hitting the bottle.

I think you are looking at this with the assumption that if there were "divine intervention" you would recognize it. I have yet to see anyone present any kind of evidence at all, compelling or otherwise, to support the existence or non-existence of God. It is a matter of pure conjecture.

And you will never see any evidence because the cheese apparently slid off your cracker years ago. I'm sorry, PratchettFan, but you are an utter moron. You have been repeating this same stupidity all over this forum. You are easily the most increadibly dense dimwit I've ever encountered in this regard. Hollie's got more sense than you . . . albeit, just barely.

The universe and the contents thereof, coupled with the ramifications of the rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness, i.e., the objective, universally apparent facts of human cognition regarding the problems of existence and origin: these things are the evidence for God's existence. In other words, the existence of the universe, our existence and the subsequent logical proofs/theological axioms of necessity regarding God's existence: that is the evidence! There is no other evidence. What other evidence would there be?

Further:

Spoken like a true imbecile. Oh, look, everybody. It's Ken Doll's cousin Carla the Dingbat Doll.

Again, the theist presents a real argument . . . and the atheist, not so much.

Further:

Again, the theist presents a real argument . . . and the atheist, not so much.
Is that the whiskey talkin'?

Screeching out "the gawds did it" is not an argument.

The deity mentioned in the Jewish Tanach did quite a lot. But looking around the world today, I see no evidence of any divine interventions. Either God never existed, died, or went away.

Think the God of the Bible would sit back and stay silent when so many carry out the worst atrocities ever in its' name? Tanach's God never sat back. And despite all that intervention, the entire world now worships false gods and versions of God as the plethora of other religions attest. Even modern Jews are fuzzy on how to worship God as orthodoxy has become marginalized, and more pagan versions like Reform have become dominant.

The way I see it, all of the problems in the world that you mentioned, including the perceived absence of the God of the Tanach, match perfectly all of the maledictions promised by Moses for turning aside from the way that he taught to follow the law.

I'm sure that you have had many bizarre conversations with irrational people who claim the name of God but worship a human being or some other false perversion of God that the God of the Tanach promises results in death.

Perhaps their detachment from reality, thought disorders, confusion, anxiety, despair and inability to see or acknowledge any truth that contradicts their delusional beliefs is "the death' promised for failing to comply with the laws of holiness and is current and verifiable evidence of divine intervention in the form of divine condemnation.

The deity mentioned in the Jewish Tanach did quite a lot. But looking around the world today, I see no evidence of any divine interventions. Either God never existed, died, or went away.

Think the God of the Bible would sit back and stay silent when so many carry out the worst atrocities ever in its' name? Tanach's God never sat back. And despite all that intervention, the entire world now worships false gods and versions of God as the plethora of other religions attest. Even modern Jews are fuzzy on how to worship God as orthodoxy has become marginalized, and more pagan versions like Reform have become dominant.

The way I see it, all of the problems in the world that you mentioned, including the perceived absence of the God of the Tanach, match perfectly all of the maledictions promised by Moses for turning aside from the way that he taught to follow the law.

I'm sure that you have had many bizarre conversations with irrational people who claim the name of God but worship a human being or some other false perversion of God that the God of the Tanach promises results in death.

Perhaps their detachment from reality, thought disorders, confusion, anxiety, despair and inability to see or acknowledge any truth that contradicts their delusional beliefs is "the death' promised for failing to comply with the laws of holiness and is current and verifiable evidence of divine intervention in the form of divine condemnation.

Judaism as would have been practised by MOses is still extant, but numbers only about 20,000 globally. They're called Karaites and practice a pre-Talmudic form of Judaism utilizing only the Tanach ('OT.') Not the Talmud or other texts. If I still practised, it's the form I'm most in agreement with.

Judaism as would have been practised by MOses is still extant, but numbers only about 20,000 globally. They're called Karaites and practice a pre-Talmudic form of Judaism utilizing only the Tanach ('OT.') Not the Talmud or other texts. If I still practised, it's the form I'm most in agreement with.

I agree with their approach to the law by seeking the obvious meaning which is not necessarily the literal meaning.

But if they teach that kashrut is about what you serve and eat and not about what you teach and learn and if they teach that the sign of dedication to God is a circumcised penis and not a circumcised mind then they too have turned aside from the way that Moses taught to follow the law as he said would happen immediately after his death.

For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt and turn aside from the way that I taught you to follow(the law). Deuteronomy 31:29

Forum List

Back