Company hikes price 5,000% for drug that fights complication of AIDS, cancer

OK, rightwing rednecks....Here's the latest on your newest hero of capitalism. Enjoy, you ignorant tools:

Controversial drug CEO was accused of serious 'harassment'

Drug-gouging debate isn’t CEO’s first controversy
103016310-GettyImages-120822895.530x298.jpg

Martin Shkreli
The pharmaceutical company boss under fire from Hillary Clinton and many others for jacking up the price of the drug Daraprim 5,500 percent overnight allegedly engaged previously in a bizarre campaignof "harassment" of a former employee and his immediate family, according to court documents.

Drug boss Martin Shkreli, 32, also allegedly gained access to social media accounts belonging to that ex-employee, and contacted him and his relatives directly, including his teenage son and wife, as he accused the worker of defrauding Shkreli's then-pharma company, Retrophin.

"Your husband had stolen $1.6 million from me and I will get it back. I will go to any length necessary to get it back," Shkreli allegedly wrote the wife of former Retrophin employee Timothy Pierotti in a January 2013 letter, according to court documents.

"Your pathetic excuse of a husband needs to get a real job that does not depend on fraud to succeed ... I hope to see you and your four children homeless and will do whatever I can to assure this," Shkreli allegedly wrote.

Read MoreRead the affidavit claiming harassment by Martin Shkreli and see the related documents here.

Yeppers'. This asshole is a real douchebag. Apparently a psycho too...

If no one can afford the pill what's the point.
Will insurance cover it?
If not this doesn't make sense.

Insurance companies are going to do what they always do: Give the policyholder the option they will pay for or the policyholder can go fuck themselves.

I suspect this Turing CEO got an earful today from aforementioned insurance companies and that's why he is backing down. Somebody needs to take this punk into an alley and run over his pea brain with the front wheels of a big car.

OK, rightwing rednecks....Here's the latest on your newest hero of capitalism. Enjoy, you ignorant tools:

Martin Shkreli
The pharmaceutical company boss under fire from Hillary Clinton and many others for jacking up the price of the drug Daraprim 5,500 percent overnight allegedly engaged previously in a bizarre campaignof "harassment" of a former employee and his immediate family, according to court documents.

Drug boss Martin Shkreli, 32, also allegedly gained access to social media accounts belonging to that ex-employee, and contacted him and his relatives directly, including his teenage son and wife, as he accused the worker of defrauding Shkreli's then-pharma company, Retrophin.

"Your husband had stolen $1.6 million from me and I will get it back. I will go to any length necessary to get it back," Shkreli allegedly wrote the wife of former Retrophin employee Timothy Pierotti in a January 2013 letter, according to court documents.

"Your pathetic excuse of a husband needs to get a real job that does not depend on fraud to succeed ... I hope to see you and your four children homeless and will do whatever I can to assure this," Shkreli allegedly wrote.

Read MoreRead the affidavit claiming harassment by Martin Shkreli and see the related documents here.

Finally we agree on something. I knew it would only take 3 or 4 years or so.

Martin Shkreli

Finally we agree on something. I knew it would only take 3 or 4 years or so.

We agree on far more than you think. You're just too busy yelling all the time that you rarely pay close attention to what others are saying. You need to cut down on that caffeine dude!

This is why such needs to be regulated by the government as corporations are evil.
Name one corporation that has killed millions of people, and forced millions into starvation.

I can't think of one corporation that has done that, but there are plenty of governments who have.

I can't probe your mind, but I'm guessing at some point you were brainwashed.

I. G. Farben.

Next question?
You need a link.

Well, it sounds like this guy is probably a sociopath, but then again, Obama and both Clintons are sociopaths, and people vote for them anyway.

This is why such needs to be regulated by the government as corporations are evil.
Name one corporation that has killed millions of people, and forced millions into starvation.

I can't think of one corporation that has done that, but there are plenty of governments who have.

I. G. Farben.

Next question?
You need a link.

Wiki
"
IG Farben had bought the patent for the pesticide Zyklon B, which had been invented by the Nobel Prize-winning Jewish German chemist Fritz Haber's research group at the Institute for Physical Chemistry and Elektrochemistry in the 1920s, and which was originally used as aninsecticide, especially as a fumigant in grain stores. IG Farben licensed the pesticide to various companies, including the American Cyanamid Company for use, for example, in de-lousing incoming Mexican immigrants in the 1930s, and to the German company Degesch(Deutsche Gesellschaft für Schädlingsbekämpfung), founded by Fritz Haber, and whose products were used in Holocaust gas chambers. IG Farben owned 42.2 percent of the shares of Degesch and was represented in its supervisory board. Pesticides similar to Zyklon B remain in production by other companies, and are used e.g. as insecticides.

Of the 24 directors of IG Farben indicted in the so-called IG Farben Trial (1947–1948) before a U.S. military tribunal at the subsequent Nuremberg Trials, 13 were sentenced to prison terms between one and eight years, but most were quickly released and several became senior industry executives in the post-war companies that split off from IG Farben and other companies."

I. G. Farben.

Next question?

Don't know that IG Farben fits the question, but the British East India Company sure as hell does.

East India Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If no one can afford the pill what's the point.
Will insurance cover it?
If not this doesn't make sense.

Insurance companies are going to do what they always do: Give the policyholder the option they will pay for or the policyholder can go fuck themselves.

I suspect this Turing CEO got an earful today from aforementioned insurance companies and that's why he is backing down. Somebody needs to take this punk into an alley and run over his pea brain with the front wheels of a big car.
then rinse and repeat till there is no more blood to wash away.

The drug my property.
I have the right to sell it for whatever price I want.
So price gouging is good. Greed is good, is that correct Mr. Gecko? It is until maybe you need to have a couple of these a day ($1500) for 30 days ($45,000).
Good to see you also understand that I am right.
The heartless right wing greed.
You've already proven that you understand I am correct - if you;d like to further do so, please feel free.
Fact is your outrage does not overrule my right to sell my property at whatever price I choose.
Doesn't mean you can sell it, Sparky. And you don't have facts, just half-assed opinions.
You've already proven that you understand I am correct - if you;d like to further do so, please feel free.

Disgusting..
Company hikes price 5,000% for drug that fights complication of AIDS, cancer
A drug treating a common parasite that attacks people with weakened immune systems increased in cost 5,000% to $750 per pill.

At a time of heightened attention to the rising cost of prescription drugs, doctors who treat patients with AIDS and cancer are denouncing the new cost to treat a condition that can be life-threatening.

Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories. Turing has exclusive rights to market Daraprim (pyrimethamine), on the market since 1953.

Daraprim fights toxoplasmosis, the second most common food-borne disease, which can easily infect people whose immune systems have been weakened by AIDS, chemotherapy or even pregnancy, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

“This is a tremendous increase," said Judith Aberg, a spokesperson for the HIV Medicine Association. Even patients with insurance could have trouble affording the medication, she said. That's because insurance companies often put high-price drugs in the "specialty" category, requiring patients to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year. Patients whose insurance plans require them to pay 20% of the cost — a common practice — would shell out $150 a pill.

About 60 million people in the United States may carry the Toxoplasma parasite, according to the CDC. It comes from eating under-cooked meat, cooking with contaminated knives and boards, drinking unclean water and contact with infected cat feces.

Mothers can also pass it to their children during pregnancy and organ transplant patients can get it through an infected donor. Symptoms can feel flu-like, but the parasite attacks the brain and can lead to blindness or brain damage.
Go start a drug company, spend decades researching and developing medicines, then tell us how you will charge $1.00 per pill.

You are just like the stupid fuckers that decrie oil company profits. :slap:
Are you fucking kidding me? You cannot justify what this company did.
"Turing Pharmaceuticals of New York raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill last month, shortly after purchasing the rights to the drug from Impax Laboratories. " RESEARCH MY ASS.

Worst person in the world

Pay me or die

Our laws are supposed to be set up for the good of the People of the United states
Incorrect - they are set up to protect the rights of the people.
I have the right to set whatever price I want for the sale of my property; the law correctly protect this right.
You, on the other hand, have the right to choose to buy my property at that price, or not; the law correctly protect this right.

Our laws are supposed to be set up for the good of the People of the United states
I have the right to set whatever price I want for the sale of my property; the law correctly protect this right.
You, on the other hand, have the right to choose to buy my property at that price, or not; the law correctly protect this right.

Our laws are set up for the Good of the People as specified in the preamble of the Declaration of Independence.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

This is what Lincoln referred to as 'government of the people, by the people and for the people', not a bunch of fucking bankster scum.

This is OUR country and we are TAKING IT BACK.

Our laws are set up for the Good of the People as specified in the preamble of the Declaration of Independence.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
"That to secure these rights...

Yes.
My right to pursue happiness - that is, to own property and sell it at whatever price I choose- is protected the law, as intended.
Not sure how any of this is supposed to support an argument to the contrary.

Nice to see, however, someone posting in support of the idea that our rights come from The Creator, and not the state.

He said he was going to lower the price but made sure he told us that we do not understand how corporations work......I bet a boycott would suffice to give him an idea of how it works..

He said he was going to lower the price but made sure he told us that we do not understand how corporations work......I bet a boycott would suffice to give him an idea of how it works..
All of this demonstrates the beauty of the free market.
Not at all sure why some people immediately call for government action in a case like this.
:dunno:

Forum List

Back