Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

What they are doing is beyond stupid and the fallout from it is on them!

They open these Pandora Boxes and when it bite them in the ass they complain!

Trump tax returns are not required by law to be released to the public and the USSC will have to make a ruling because you damn well know Trump lawyers are already going to try to stop this release!

Well Trump broke tradition by refusing to release his returns when prior presidents since Nixon have done it. So what is there to hide if there is nothing to hide. Anyway it won't change how people view Trump amongst the population. It is a love/hate thing that will not change.

So if there is nothing there then never mind

Trump is a declared candidate for 2024.
That does not mean there is a new law, requiring him to release it to the public. Do I think it is a show of good faith, if he does? Of course. But, this action strikes me as wrong. I don't like. I also don't like speaking in defense of somebody I don't like or approve of and would never vote for, but I don't like this partisan action, even more. Those people are our representatives. If they requested legal access to his returns and found something wrong, it should be turned over to the IRS and the DOJ, not released and tried in the court of public opinion. But, this is just my opinion. Again, tell me why I am wrong.

Well Trump broke tradition by refusing to release his returns when prior presidents since Nixon have done it. So what is there to hide if there is nothing to hide. Anyway it won't change how people view Trump amongst the population. It is a love/hate thing that will not change.

So if there is nothing there then never mind
Tradition isn’t law!

When released the Democrats hope to smear Trump and what is most likely to be revealed is Trump isn’t worth as much as he claims and nothing more.

Releasing them to the House isn't the same as releasing them to the general public.

And that is definitely still against the law and is a civil matter

If I was a congressman, I wouldn't accept delivery of them. Why risk civil jeopardy.

I would like to see us hold all politicians to their campaign promises. Could you then say this was highly partisan on the part of Democrats? Absolutely but I'm speaking about myself.

25 Democrats on the current House Ways and Means Committee, and 17 Republicans. That explains the 24-16 votes.

Releasing them to the House isn't the same as releasing them to the general public.

And that is definitely still against the law and is a civil matter

If I was a congressman, I wouldn't accept delivery of them. Why risk civil jeopardy.
That place leaks like a sieve and is as good as a public release. I don't blame Trump for being pissed, and hope he fights it, with decent lawyers for a change.

25 Democrats on the current House Ways and Means Committee, and 17 Republicans. That explains the 24-16 votes.
Hadn't looked, but that figures.

Anybody with half a brain could predict this. The only reason the democrats wanted Trump’s tax returns was to release them in an effort to embarrass him. Now a independent Justice Department would bring charges against the democrats who sued to get the returns for violating the laws on financial privacy. But we all know that won’t happen.

Tradition isn’t law!

When released the Democrats hope to smear Trump and what is most likely to be revealed is Trump isn’t worth as much as he claims and nothing more.
How are they going to smear Trump because he exaggerates. We all know that. The perception of trump will not change. IF they are releasing them then there is something juicy.

NYT reports says that they have obtained these records that report Trump just paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, and that same tiny amount the following year. Trump paid no income tax at all in 11 out of the 18 years that the Times examined after obtaining his tax-return data.

Yeah I want to see them

That place leaks like a sieve and is as good as a public release. I don't blame Trump for being pissed, and hope he fights it, with decent lawyers for a change.

Decent lawyers know they will never get paid.

Forum List

Back