Coming Soon... A Ban on Cartoon Characters on Cereal Boxes...

I'm really not seeing the reward here. It's not about the cereal. Because if you put butter and brown sugar on your drab ole Quaker Oats -- you might as well had cocoa krispies or frosted flakes.. It's really that the leftists are pissed that children are consumers also.. And that advertising conflicts with the indoctrination to cure them of that habit..

I'll be happy tho.. Because I'll be able to check out my Honey Smacks without lying that my kids are coming home for a visit..

I'm really not seeing the reward here. It's not about the cereal. Because if you put butter and brown sugar on your drab ole Quaker Oats -- you might as well had cocoa krispies or frosted flakes.. It's really that the leftists are pissed that children are consumers also.. And that advertising conflicts with the indoctrination to cure them of that habit..

I'll be happy tho.. Because I'll be able to check out my Honey Smacks without lying that my kids are coming home for a visit..
I doubt that your oatmeal is over 50% sugar as is the case with some of the cereals they're marketing to kids. However, you can rest easy, the feds are not about to force cereal makers to make any changes to their boxes of junk food.

I agree with the exception of food marketed to kids.

Marketed to kids who do not buy the breakfast cereal. The kids are the ones asking mommy and daddy to please please please get the _____[fill in the favored sugary cereal here]____ when mommy and or daddy go do the grocery shopping.

So, the cartoon on the box is not the issue. The parent's ability to make proper parental decisions as to the kids' diet IS the issue.

The government deciding how a breakfast cereal company may market its products is an issue. And its wrong. Stay the fuck out of it, government.

There's PLENTY of legitimate government work to be done. This aint it.
Parent's ability to make proper parental decisions as to the kids' diet may be the issue, but that's not likely to change. Parents are continuing to buy what the kids want to eat which has doubled childhood obesity and quadruped adolescent obesity in the last 30 years and that's beginning to effect the nation not just the kids and the parents.

So, because weak parental decision may have a link to some child obesity, the "solution" is to allow a government to tell businesses how they may or may not "market" their legal products?

Damn. Talk about a nanny state mentality. Parents don't do the parenting thing as well as Papa Government. Uhm.

I think I'd just like to voice the opinion at this juncture: fuck that noise. It is NOT the province of government to get so immersed in such decisions and decision-making that they can micromanage what appears on fucking cereal boxes.

Last edited:
Im not even buying the connection of marketing to children with cartoon characters.. SouthPark and Family Guy and those "adult swims" on the cartoon channel would have to be bigger targets than Frosted Flakes....

For leftists that just have to fuss over every choice that others make ---- you can have a ball justifying why Life cereal is on WIC approved cereal list, but CINNAMON Life is something those unfortunates simply cant have... Thats the shameless arrogance that you seek over us......

This is an exceptionally stupid discussion.

Because your side will try this. And you know youll bend over and applaud them as they fuck you from behind
Whatever the hell you just said is exactly why this is an exceptionally stupid conversation.

Who is going to be "fucking" anyone by making healthier breakfasts for children?

That is the parent's job, not governments. Maybe we should just ban the use of EBT cards to pay for sugary foods. If the left wants to control people, stick with your base. They are generally the ones who vote for people who come up with this shit, so they can abide by the dictator's wishes.

Marketed to kids who do not buy the breakfast cereal. The kids are the ones asking mommy and daddy to please please please get the _____[fill in the favored sugary cereal here]____ when mommy and or daddy go do the grocery shopping.

So, the cartoon on the box is not the issue. The parent's ability to make proper parental decisions as to the kids' diet IS the issue.

The government deciding how a breakfast cereal company may market its products is an issue. And its wrong. Stay the fuck out of it, government.

There's PLENTY of legitimate government work to be done. This aint it.
Parent's ability to make proper parental decisions as to the kids' diet may be the issue, but that's not likely to change. Parents are continuing to buy what the kids want to eat which has doubled childhood obesity and quadruped adolescent obesity in the last 30 years and that's beginning to effect the nation not just the kids and the parents.

So, because weak parental decision may have a link to some child obesity, the "solution" is to allow a government to tell businesses how they may or may not "market" their legal products?

Damn. Talk about a nanny state mentality. Parents don't do the parenting thing as well as Papa Government. Uhm.

I think I'd just like to voice the opinion at this juncture: fuck that noise. It is NOT the province of government to get so immersed in such decisions and decision-making that they can micromanage what appears on fucking cereal boxes.
Yes.

Try looking at the world the way it is today, not the way you would like it to be. Today, most parents assume that someone, the grocery store chain, the producer, trade association or the government insures that there is some minimum acceptable level of nutrition in food marketed to kids, or least insures it's not harmfully to them.

So maybe the parents or parent, (nearly 1/3 of the households have only one parent), should find the time to research breakfast cereals and fight with the kids over the right cereal in between soccer practice, cub scouts, homework, dental appointments, teacher conference, working 50 hours a week, and maintaining a home. However, that's just not going to happen and the inescapable outcome will be more cases type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and asthma which will add billions of dollars to America's healthcare bill.

PHP:
Yes.

Try looking at the world the way it is today, not the way you would like it to be. Today, most parents assume that someone, the grocery store chain, the producer, trade association or the government insures that there is some minimum acceptable level of nutrition in food marketed to kids, or least insures it's not harmfully to them.

So maybe the parents or parent, (nearly 1/3 of the households have only one parent), should find the time to research breakfast cereals and fight with the kids over the right cereal in between soccer practice, cub scouts, homework, dental appointments, teacher conference, working 50 hours a week, and maintaining a home. However, that's just not going to happen and the inescapable outcome will be more cases type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and asthma which will add billions of dollars to America's healthcare bill.

just the fact that you believe most parents "rely on groceries and manufacturers" and are too lazy or stupid to understand the diff between a pop tart and a croisant, makes you a dangerous advocate of restrictions on choice.. The problem isnt the PopTart.. Its PopTart abuse.....

Yes.

^ :lmao:

Floppy, you ARE the poster child for weak-minded needy faux "citizens" who both want and need a paternalistic government to tell you how to live.

The way the world is today, huh?

:lol:

The way it is today, Floppy, is very much to your liking. Government will soon be telling you exactly what to do and what not to do on more things than criminal law and rules of the road. They will paternalistically (and wisely) tell you: how much water may use to fill your toilet bowl when you flush; how much electricity you may use; what kind of light-bulbs you may buy; whether you are even permitted to have a salt shaker at your table in a restaurant; and what kind of imagery may appear on cereal boxes (so you don't have to get involved in any of that messy decision-making responsibility for your own children).

Oh wait. We are all but there on all that crap already -- and guys like you are perfectly okay with all of it.

I'd mock you more, Flop, but it's actually more sad than funny. You are a pathetic mess.

Yes.

^ :lmao:

Floppy, you ARE the poster child for weak-minded needy faux "citizens" who both want and need a paternalistic government to tell you how to live.

The way the world is today, huh?

:lol:

The way it is today, Floppy, is very much to your liking. Government will soon be telling you exactly what to do and what not to do on more things than criminal law and rules of the road. They will paternalistically (and wisely) tell you: how much water may use to fill your toilet bowl when you flush; how much electricity you may use; what kind of light-bulbs you may buy; whether you are even permitted to have a salt shaker at your table in a restaurant; and what kind of imagery may appear on cereal boxes (so you don't have to get involved in any of that messy decision-making responsibility for your own children).

Oh wait. We are all but there on all that crap already -- and guys like you are perfectly okay with all of it.

I'd mock you more, Flop, but it's actually more sad than funny. You are a pathetic mess.
The problem with your argument is that it's based on a view of the country that ceased to exist many years ago, if ever it did existed at all. Allowing manufactures to sell crappy cereal for kids is not going to make parents more responsible. It will just help create more healthcare problems.

Every food manufacturer and restaurant owner knows the secret of creating food that sells is lots of sugar, lots of fat, and lots of salt. It's a winning combination in spite of the health risks. Most adults are well aware the problem. Some choose to ignore it and accept the heath risks, others don't. They are adults and that should be their decision.

It's entirely different ballgame with kids. Sugar quickly becomes irresistible to kids. They eat the sweets out of their school lunch, toss the rest, and head for the vending machines. After school with parents at work they raid the pantry eating what they like then turn their noses up at dinners that don't meet their need for sugar. By the time they reach adolescents, parents have almost no effect on what they eat. Experts tells us the secret of fighting obesity is to feed kids a proper diet when their young.

In the days when Mom cooked 3 meals a day often from scratch, parents could control kids diet. However, today kids eat mostly processed food often without parental supervision.

Forum List

Back