Come on, cons. You loved to talk about snow in Boston...now please talk about heat in Iran please

You have to love heat index idiots who try and make this some kind of ground breaking event.
How long have we used the so called "heat index" method of temp reporting?
It was invented in 1978 but I cant really nail down when it became common in weather forecasting.

This shits only been around for 37 years and you want to make a big deal about it. The hubris .....
Was the winter in the Northeast a ground breaking event.? And don't tell me conservatives didn't go gaga about Boston last winter, or I will cocksmack you.

Here is the difference although i doubt you could understand it. The heat index in Iran is arrived at by using various separate factors to increase what the temperature feels like. In Boston the broken records were not arrived at by attributing separate factors to determine what cold feels like, but how many feet of snow had fallen. Snowfall is demonstrable, measurable and not subject to the wind chill.

The record broken was how many feet of snow had fallen in the particular period of time. It was no colder than normal.

In related news, NYC survived the predicted flood.
The North Pole still has ice, and lots of it.
No major waves of cat5 hurricanes
and fracking does not cause earthquakes that can be felt.
Can you tell me which scientist predicted that NYC would not survive a flood by now?
Or are you making shit up?
Climate change report makes doomsday predictions for NYC - NY Daily News

A report by the New York City Panel on Climate Change predicts that average temperatures could jump nearly 9 degrees, rainfall could increase 13% and sea levels would increase by over two feet, meaning the daily high tides in places like Queens would cause daily flooding.
The scientists that made this prediction are on the upper limits of the possible effects of climate change. The predictions I have seen for 2050 by mainstream scientists speak of a temperature increase of 1 to 2 degrees C, from the baseline of 1880, a sea level rise of 2 to 3 feet from that same baseline, and an increase, not specified by most, in precipitation events. But the mainstream scientists have been wrong before. We were not supposed to be where we are now with the Arctic Ice until 2050 to 2080.

You have to love heat index idiots who try and make this some kind of ground breaking event.
How long have we used the so called "heat index" method of temp reporting?
It was invented in 1978 but I cant really nail down when it became common in weather forecasting.

This shits only been around for 37 years and you want to make a big deal about it. The hubris .....
Was the winter in the Northeast a ground breaking event.? And don't tell me conservatives didn't go gaga about Boston last winter, or I will cocksmack you.

Here is the difference although i doubt you could understand it. The heat index in Iran is arrived at by using various separate factors to increase what the temperature feels like. In Boston the broken records were not arrived at by attributing separate factors to determine what cold feels like, but how many feet of snow had fallen. Snowfall is demonstrable, measurable and not subject to the wind chill.

The record broken was how many feet of snow had fallen in the particular period of time. It was no colder than normal.
Which, of course, makes that a precipitation event.

If global warming wipes out the middle east, is it really such a bad thing? Maybe its just nature taking out the trash. This could end up being a blessing in disguise.

Do you really think the temperature is 164 degrees? It's not. It's no hotter than it ever has been. By adding other factors, the heat index is raised to 164 degrees. The heat index is whatever the "experts" say it is.
These people have no sense in their wild claims. If it was really 164 degrees, people would be dying in the millions. Leftists are the dumbing down of America.

If global warming wipes out the middle east, is it really such a bad thing? Maybe its just nature taking out the trash. This could end up being a blessing in disguise.

They may try to migrate, or are already.

In related news, NYC survived the predicted flood.
The North Pole still has ice, and lots of it.
No major waves of cat5 hurricanes
and fracking does not cause earthquakes that can be felt.
Can you tell me which scientist predicted that NYC would not survive a flood by now?
Or are you making shit up?
Climate change report makes doomsday predictions for NYC - NY Daily News

A report by the New York City Panel on Climate Change predicts that average temperatures could jump nearly 9 degrees, rainfall could increase 13% and sea levels would increase by over two feet, meaning the daily high tides in places like Queens would cause daily flooding.
The scientists that made this prediction are on the upper limits of the possible effects of climate change. The predictions I have seen for 2050 by mainstream scientists speak of a temperature increase of 1 to 2 degrees C, from the baseline of 1880, a sea level rise of 2 to 3 feet from that same baseline, and an increase, not specified by most, in precipitation events. But the mainstream scientists have been wrong before. We were not supposed to be where we are now with the Arctic Ice until 2050 to 2080.
they haven't gotten a single prediction right yet.

that was my point, you buy into all the fear mongering and demand that my money go to these snake oil sellers debt be damned!

but you never look at how often they are VERY wrong.

Forum List

Back