Columbus Day used to be CELEBRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took Columbus Day as a day off away from our school district and added it to Thanksgiving so the kidlets have an entire week off for gobbling and stuffing. :rolleyes: They also took away the Friday before Memorial Day and tacked it onto President's Day, so they have a four day weekend . . . in the middle of freaking winter. Blarg.

There is a concerted effort by th NEW PC establishment to HIDE Columbus Day.

Sign of the suck-times.

They took Columbus Day as a day off away from our school district and added it to Thanksgiving so the kidlets have an entire week off for gobbling and stuffing. :rolleyes: They also took away the Friday before Memorial Day and tacked it onto President's Day, so they have a four day weekend . . . in the middle of freaking winter. Blarg.

The parents and teachers (don't even ask the kids) in our school district wanted a five-day Thanksgiving week, and the school board approved it. OK, then someone had the bright idea of doing the four-day late winter break: we managed to head that one off; the teachers were not about to add more teaching days to the contract in June. School board politics are fun!

Last edited:
Let guess, liberals made you stop celebrating Columbus day right?

They use to do hide under the desk bomb drills too but don't anymore. Its a conspiracy!!

If one were a Native American, I imagine that is how they would consider Columbus and the other Europeans.

Can't be celebrating dead white guys.

Interesting...there was a time in America where Italians (immigrant Italians) were not considered white.

They still sort of aren't... especially in the South. Seriously, Italians are considered to be like Puerto Ricans in their non-whiteness in these parts...

Oh, and generally the Italians considered non-white were from southern Italy. Columbus was from Genoa, which is way up in northern Italy...

Last edited:
back in my day in school.

born 1953

Holidays are unproductive to the corporate class, so expect everything to go cept christmas.
Until Ramadan becomes a holiday?

Columbus is the Father of our Country and a great American

That's funny because Columbus worked for the Spanish crown, and no doubt was fluent in Spanish. By modern definitions, he would be considered "Hispanic," even though he was Italian...

So the father of our Country was a wetback?

born 1953

Holidays are unproductive to the corporate class, so expect everything to go cept christmas.

That's funny because Columbus worked for the Spanish crown, and no doubt was fluent in Spanish. By modern definitions, he would be considered "Hispanic," even though he was Italian...

Si! He swam the RioAtlantic with Maria & Nina & Santa...............

Note: It was Maria sp., not Marcia it.

Last edited:
I remember when San Francisco had an actual "Columbus Day Parade".

Now it's been rebranded as SAN FRANCISCO'S COLUMBUS DAY CELEBRATION & ITALIAN HERITAGE PARADE .

“THE NATION'S OLDEST
ITALIAN-AMERICAN
PARADE AND CIVIC CELEBRATION”

I'm not a fan of the rebranding. It has turned something that was a special event into just another hyphenated American multi-cultural mish mash.

born 1953

Some people are so ignorant of American history

Columbus sailed three ships across the Delaware and defeated the British in the Battle of Waterloo

holidays are unproductive to the corporate class, so expect everything to go cept christmas.
until ramadan becomes a holiday?

columbus is the father of our country and a great american

that's funny because columbus worked for the spanish crown, and no doubt was fluent in spanish. By modern definitions, he would be considered "hispanic," even though he was italian...

So the father of our country was a wetback?

si! He swam the rioatlantic with maria & nina & santa...............

Note: It was maria sp., not marcia it.

lmao

Some people are so ignorant of American history

Columbus sailed three ships across the Delaware and defeated the British in the Battle of Waterloo

I am not ignorant of American history. Columbus founded the city of Columbus, Ohio, and Columbia, South Carolina before retiring to South America in his newly founded Republic of Colombia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back