Columbus Day used to be CELEBRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so much miss the days of Cannibalism and human sacrifice. Damn those Europeans for changing the game. Damn those Americans. How is a Tyrant to get by anymore. Oh I forgot... There is always the UN.

Sigh.

Don't tell me that you got it caught up in your fly again Jake! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Columbus Bad.... Evil..... the whole planet was so peace loving, all except for Europe, and now the USA. Yeah right. ;)

Well, I wouldn't exactly call a guy who cut off the hands of natives if they didn't bring enough gold to him a good guy.

Don't tell me that you got it caught up in your fly again Jake! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Columbus Bad.... Evil..... the whole planet was so peace loving, all except for Europe, and now the USA. Yeah right. ;)

Well, I wouldn't exactly call a guy who cut off the hands of natives if they didn't bring enough gold to him a good guy.

Typical white supremacist response: "Well if they had brought enough gold to him, he wouldn't have cut their hands off. It's their fault for not bringing him enough gold."

They took Columbus Day as a day off away from our school district and added it to Thanksgiving so the kidlets have an entire week off for gobbling and stuffing. :rolleyes: They also took away the Friday before Memorial Day and tacked it onto President's Day, so they have a four day weekend . . . in the middle of freaking winter. Blarg.

The parents and teachers (don't even ask the kids) in our school district wanted a five-day Thanksgiving week, and the school board approved it. OK, then someone had the bright idea of doing the four-day late winter break: we managed to head that one off; the teachers were not about to add more teaching days to the contract in June. School board politics are fun!

College kid only gets Thurs-Sun off but hey, she gets a month off a Christmas and is done for the year mid-May. The younger two also get at least a week at Christmas, depending on when it falls. Whoever thought to shortening Memorial Day weekend and lengthen President's Day weekend is nuts. One year, they were off for a week and a half due to snow storms coinciding with the President's four-day weekend.

They took Columbus Day as a day off away from our school district and added it to Thanksgiving so the kidlets have an entire week off for gobbling and stuffing. :rolleyes: They also took away the Friday before Memorial Day and tacked it onto President's Day, so they have a four day weekend . . . in the middle of freaking winter. Blarg.

The parents and teachers (don't even ask the kids) in our school district wanted a five-day Thanksgiving week, and the school board approved it. OK, then someone had the bright idea of doing the four-day late winter break: we managed to head that one off; the teachers were not about to add more teaching days to the contract in June. School board politics are fun!

College kid only gets Thurs-Sun off but hey, she gets a month off a Christmas and is done for the year mid-May. The younger two also get at least a week at Christmas, depending on when it falls. Whoever thought to shortening Memorial Day weekend and lengthen President's Day weekend is nuts. One year, they were off for a week and a half due to snow storms coinciding with the President's four-day weekend.

I think a two-week carnival vacation at the end of the year, a one-week spring bachanal, and six other four day weekends for taking significant others to significant places to do significant things to each other in signficantly pleasant ways should be mandated in every state in the Union.

"What dear?" says I, "Yes, dear, you are the signficant one in my life." I get a good dinner out of this, what is not to like?

Intense, you are entitled to your unformed opinion, but not to your own facts. The European break into the Americas was not a good thing for the Native Americans.

You know, the "Native" Americans were not really native to the America's. They too at some point came here from elsewhere.

But yeah, I get your point.. blame it on whitey.

Intense, you are entitled to your unformed opinion, but not to your own facts. The European break into the Americas was not a good thing for the Native Americans.

You know, the "Native" Americans were not really native to the America's. They too at some point came here from elsewhere.

That is truly a racist mark, kiddo. If you read above, I said if you changed the colors but not the cultures of the Africans, Native Americans, and the Europeans, the events would have played out the same way. It has nothing to do with race at all, it has to do with the players and their cultures.

That is truly a racist mark, kiddo. If you read above, I said if you changed the colors but not the cultures of the Africans, Native Americans, and the Europeans, the events would have played out the same way. It has nothing to do with race at all, it has to do with the players and their cultures.

Racist? How so there professor? Then why did you go out of your way to reference Native Americans vs. Europeans? (Hint: They are different racial groups)

Last edited:
You use an idea that "it is a whitey's fault" is a racist concept. The same idea would apply to "well, it's a black thing", etc. Come on, Soggy, grow up. No, I am not a professor, silly boy.

You use an idea that "it is a whitey's fault" is a racist concept. The same idea would apply to "well, it's a black thing", etc. Come on, Soggy, grow up. No, I am not a professor, silly boy.

1. It's called tongue-in-cheek
2. Get a sense of humor and you'll start getting (1.)
3. WTF is a black thing? Who brought the blacks into this?

I guess I just tire of this stupid notion that the Indians were all sitting around the campfire smoking peyote and singing songs.. fact of the matter, they lived rather violently and subjugated other peoples on a regular basis.

And yes, whitey treated them rather rudely to put it mildly.... agreed.

I guess I just tire of this stupid notion that the Indians were all sitting around the campfire smoking peyote and singing songs.. fact of the matter, they lived rather violently and subjugated other peoples on a regular basis.

And is used by you as some sort of justification...

1. It's called tongue-in-cheek
2. Get a sense of humor and you'll start getting (1.)
3. WTF is a black thing? Who brought the blacks into this?

Soggy, you are not known for a humor. You were the one who brought up "whitey" so climb down.

Yes, Indians were not pacificsts. So your point is . . .?

Yes, Indians were not pacificsts. So your point is . . .?

Uh, that is the point Beavis.

Hey, I did sit around the fire with Indian's doing Peyote and singing songs. We didn't smoke it though. ;) Nasty taste. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back