Columbus Day used to be CELEBRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be celebrating dead white guys.

Interesting...there was a time in America where Italians (immigrant Italians) were not considered white.

They still sort of aren't... especially in the South. Seriously, Italians are considered to be like Puerto Ricans in their non-whiteness in these parts...

Oh, and generally the Italians considered non-white were from southern Italy. Columbus was from Genoa, which is way up in northern Italy...

Oh, hush.

I'm Italian, from Sicilian descent, living in Georgia, and no one has ever considered me anything other than white.

Online though, I'm black by popular demand.

Let guess, liberals made you stop celebrating Columbus day right?

They use to do hide under the desk bomb drills too but don't anymore. Its a conspiracy!!

They have made him out to be an oppressive A-hole though.

That cant be disputed. (honestly anyway)

that can be disputed because you're suggesting that he wasn't and history is wrong. By "they" you must mean history itself makes him out that way.

Interesting...there was a time in America where Italians (immigrant Italians) were not considered white.

They still sort of aren't... especially in the South. Seriously, Italians are considered to be like Puerto Ricans in their non-whiteness in these parts...

Oh, and generally the Italians considered non-white were from southern Italy. Columbus was from Genoa, which is way up in northern Italy...

Oh, hush.

I'm Italian, from Sicilian descent, living in Georgia, and no one has ever considered me anything other than white.

I guess when 99% of your city is black, you would be considered white...:lol:

back in my day in school.

born 1953

I never thought too highly of Columbus. In school, I got scolded for saying that I wish that I could wander down the street, and discover a new house the way that Columbus discovered a new world. I also commented on trade. He took their land and exchanged it for diseases.

Oh, hush.

I don't live "in" Atlanta. I live in the sticks of Atlanta. About 15-20% black.

Oh, hush.

I don't live "in" Atlanta. I live in the sticks of Atlanta. About 15-20% black.

In the perimeter or out? I hear if you live out of the perimeter you're pretty much backwards...:lol:

I stayed in Decatur when I visited a few months back...

Columbus founded the city of Columbus, Ohio, and Columbia, South Carolina before retiring to South America in his newly founded Republic of Colombia.

Where Political Chic graduated in journalism from Columbia University.

Columbus founded the city of Columbus, Ohio, and Columbia, South Carolina before retiring to South America in his newly founded Republic of Colombia.

Where Political Chic graduated in journalism from Columbia University.

Columbus was the first chancellor there, while simultaneously fighting off the Vikings, who wanted to claim they discovered America first!

Colombia University's futbol team was #1 for six weeks in the national rankings.

I so much miss the days of Cannibalism and human sacrifice. Damn those Europeans for changing the game. Damn those Americans. How is a Tyrant to get by anymore. Oh I forgot... There is always the UN.

I so much miss the days of Cannibalism and human sacrifice. Damn those Europeans for changing the game. Damn those Americans. How is a Tyrant to get by anymore. Oh I forgot... There is always the UN.

Sigh.

Sigh.

Don't tell me that you got it caught up in your fly again Jake! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Columbus Bad.... Evil..... the whole planet was so peace loving, all except for Europe, and now the USA. Yeah right. ;)

Let guess, liberals made you stop celebrating Columbus day right?

They use to do hide under the desk bomb drills too but don't anymore. Its a conspiracy!!

They have made him out to be an oppressive A-hole though.

That cant be disputed. (honestly anyway)

Truth hurts I guess. He may or may not have been an asshole but the subsequent Spanish conquest (or pillaging for gold) was certianly brutal. If it had never happened most of us would not be here either.

Sigh.

Don't tell me that you got it caught up in your fly again Jake! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Columbus Bad.... Evil..... the whole planet was so peace loving, all except for Europe, and now the USA. Yeah right. ;)

Intense, you are entitled to your unformed opinion, but not to your own facts. The European break into the Americas was not a good thing for the Native Americans.

Intense, you are entitled to your unformed opinion, but not to your own facts. The European break into the Americas was not a good thing for the Native Americans.

It sure was a blessing for the descendants of those Europeans, who continue to reap the rewards of that break into the Americas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back