Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

Do you have a reading problem? Or a lying problem. Colorado is not tied to a national voting at all. It's electoral college goes with the State Votes, not the national. Has been that way for a number of years. And so has 25 other states. And there was one case of Voter fraud. The State Republican Chairman intercepted his ex wifes mailin ballot and voted for her even though they were divorced and she was in another state. He got caught and got some jail time. So don't give me this crap that you have to be a Democrat to do voter fraud. But it's so rare it's not even worth bring up and this also includes California. So stop lying out your ass, there cupcake.

Voter fraud is not rare, you know this as well as I do.

It's very rate these days and I do know it. Out of more than 4 million, there might be 3 or 4 individual cases. I doubt that has enough to sway any election of any type or kind one way or another. If it's higher than that then I suggest you start out by replacing your State Government as quickly as possible with recalls. Since this is also not happening, then......

Just because some idiot that loses an elections needs to justify their loss by making some outlandish claims to justify the loss is pathetic. It's even worse when a candidate does it during the election, sells the idea to some weak minded power base and wins anyway and still keeps harping about the false premise and you keep buying into the lie makes it even more pathetic. Now, I suggest you back up your claim. It's a little hard for me to prove mine since one cannot disprove a negative. But you make the positive claim and if that is true, it should be able to be proven. Get on with it. Otherwise, I chalk it up to misinformation for whatever reason a loser comes up with to try and win. Didn't work out so well this time around. Guess the lying has gotten so out of control that you believe it's the norm. Newsflash. Cupcake: it still isn't.

Why do leftists ignore reality and lie so much? Seriously. The reality is that much like the number of illegal aliens coming across our southern border, we really don't have any idea how much voter fraud we are missing , but we do know that plenty of people are arrested for it each year and that many states make it as easy as possible for people to vote fraudulently and fight like hell to make sure no one can audit their voting records to find out for sure.

Why do Democrats vehemently oppose an ID that absolutely positively identifies a person's voting eligibility status be required to vote if voter fraud isn't a problem? Oh that's right....

They love voter fraud, and they love the dream of replacing citizens' votes with criminal illegal aliens' votes, so no sense in trying to have a real discussion with these types, they only know their Party is 'best'.

I am still waiting on your proving the rampant voting fraud. Instead of gumming yer fingers, get on with the proof. I can't prove it doesn't exist if it doesn't exist since one cannot disprove a negative. But you way it does exist so how about proving your Positive since that would mean it should have some proof it does exist. Or are just repeating what your Orange Individual 1 wants you to say and we all know just how truthful that one is.

Democrats blocking Voter ID laws is 100% proof.

The Colorado Senate this week passed a bill that would award the state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the nationwide popular vote.

The Senate passed the measure along party lines in a 19-16 vote Tuesday, sending the bill to the state House for consideration.

The bill, known as the the national popular vote interstate compact, was sponsored by state Sen. Mike Foote (D), would require Colorado members of the Electoral College to cast their vote for the winner of the national popular vote.

Continued - Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

As some might already know, interstate compact agreements require approval by Congress.

Though, I think it's more disturbing than humorous that the Colorodo Senate doesn't understand this. There's a humorous line a lot of people use about wanting to make the electorate take a civics test before voting, this is unconstitutional, of course, but one might wonder if a civics test might be in order for those of us running for higher office. Particularly given the oath they take to protect and defend the Constitution. I wonder sometimes if they've even read the thing.

You can't make this stuff up. Ha.

The Democrats are always pushing America towards totalitarianism.
Abolishing the Electoral College would do that.
It would give them permanent power.
It would fix tyranny of the rural minority which has facilitated a radical conservative grip on our government, specifically the supreme court, presidency, and senate. In reality, our society is much more moderate than the radicals getting elected and the extreme and unfounded policy like supply side economics that they push.

The Colorado Senate this week passed a bill that would award the state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the nationwide popular vote.

The Senate passed the measure along party lines in a 19-16 vote Tuesday, sending the bill to the state House for consideration.

The bill, known as the the national popular vote interstate compact, was sponsored by state Sen. Mike Foote (D), would require Colorado members of the Electoral College to cast their vote for the winner of the national popular vote.

Continued - Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

As some might already know, interstate compact agreements require approval by Congress.

Though, I think it's more disturbing than humorous that the Colorodo Senate doesn't understand this. There's a humorous line a lot of people use about wanting to make the electorate take a civics test before voting, this is unconstitutional, of course, but one might wonder if a civics test might be in order for those of us running for higher office. Particularly given the oath they take to protect and defend the Constitution. I wonder sometimes if they've even read the thing.

It would fix tyranny of the rural minority which has facilitated a radical conservative grip on our government, specifically the supreme court, presidency, and senate. In reality, our society is much more moderate than the radicals getting elected and the extreme and unfounded policy like supply side economics that they push.

The Democrats spread poverty and destroy the middle class.
The Left Wingers are basically just looters.

Voter fraud is not rare, you know this as well as I do.

It's very rate these days and I do know it. Out of more than 4 million, there might be 3 or 4 individual cases. I doubt that has enough to sway any election of any type or kind one way or another. If it's higher than that then I suggest you start out by replacing your State Government as quickly as possible with recalls. Since this is also not happening, then......

Just because some idiot that loses an elections needs to justify their loss by making some outlandish claims to justify the loss is pathetic. It's even worse when a candidate does it during the election, sells the idea to some weak minded power base and wins anyway and still keeps harping about the false premise and you keep buying into the lie makes it even more pathetic. Now, I suggest you back up your claim. It's a little hard for me to prove mine since one cannot disprove a negative. But you make the positive claim and if that is true, it should be able to be proven. Get on with it. Otherwise, I chalk it up to misinformation for whatever reason a loser comes up with to try and win. Didn't work out so well this time around. Guess the lying has gotten so out of control that you believe it's the norm. Newsflash. Cupcake: it still isn't.

Why do leftists ignore reality and lie so much? Seriously. The reality is that much like the number of illegal aliens coming across our southern border, we really don't have any idea how much voter fraud we are missing , but we do know that plenty of people are arrested for it each year and that many states make it as easy as possible for people to vote fraudulently and fight like hell to make sure no one can audit their voting records to find out for sure.

Why do Democrats vehemently oppose an ID that absolutely positively identifies a person's voting eligibility status be required to vote if voter fraud isn't a problem? Oh that's right....

They love voter fraud, and they love the dream of replacing citizens' votes with criminal illegal aliens' votes, so no sense in trying to have a real discussion with these types, they only know their Party is 'best'.

I am still waiting on your proving the rampant voting fraud. Instead of gumming yer fingers, get on with the proof. I can't prove it doesn't exist if it doesn't exist since one cannot disprove a negative. But you way it does exist so how about proving your Positive since that would mean it should have some proof it does exist. Or are just repeating what your Orange Individual 1 wants you to say and we all know just how truthful that one is.

Democrats blocking Voter ID laws is 100% proof.

No, that's only proof that they are blocking the voter ID requirement. It isn't proving there is rampant voting fraud. Now, prove that there is rampant voter fraud. So far, you haven't even tried. But I can prove where there are two Republican voter frauds in this state. The voting is tracked pretty good here and the two that have been bagged have both been republican. 2 out of over 4 million isn't what I would call voter fraud.

lol I'm not a rightwinger, dufus, another thing you know nothing about, since you can only parrot DNC rubbish, and can't think for yourself or learn new vocabulary words.

Anyone who uses terms like "rightwinger", dufus", parrot" or "rubbish" needs to find adult level vocabulary words if they want to discuss politics on an adult level.

Children shouldn't even participate.
no animosity intended or implied
just stating an observed fact :)-

Based on what? The middle class is made up of workers. Their income and benefits necessarily must be minimized to support such enormous subsidized appetites of concentrated wealth and economic power in the farce supply side trickle down model. Your system simply cant support both. For the rich to win hard, others must lose. It's an utter failure in messaging and policy.

We can fix it one of two ways. Bring back an innovated version of collective bargaining so the laborers can negotiate on equal terms with your darling super power corporations, or simply stop subsidizing the rich via fail trickle down policies. Your pick. The 3rd road of tripling down on your fail policy leads to continued hollowing out of the middle class, further worsening stratification of economic inequality, disenfranchisement, and death of our consumer capitalist economy - which believe it or not requires consumers with money in their pockets.

We are trending down and it's not the liberal progressive Democrats at the wheel. It's the radical conservatives and their obsession with concentration of wealth and economic power. Add an unstable and unqualified president and our world strength is already fading. The dollar will be abandoned. The worlds youthful leaders in engineering and tech will stop coming here for school and work. Our old allies will move on without us. Trump's new axis of despots will do what they do best. Should be fun for my generation to try to fix. Thanks for nothing.

Based on what? The middle class is made up of workers. Their income and benefits necessarily must be minimized to support such enormous subsidized appetites of concentrated wealth and economic power in the farce supply side trickle down model. Your system simply cant support both. For the rich to win hard, others must lose. It's an utter failure in messaging and policy.

We can fix it one of two ways. Bring back an innovated version of collective bargaining so the laborers can negotiate on equal terms with your darling super power corporations, or simply stop subsidizing the rich via fail trickle down policies. Your pick. The 3rd road of tripling down on your fail policy leads to continued hollowing out of the middle class, further worsening stratification of economic inequality, disenfranchisement, and death of our consumer capitalist economy - which believe it or not requires consumers with money in their pockets.

We are trending down and it's not the liberal progressive Democrats at the wheel. It's the radical conservatives and their obsession with concentration of wealth and economic power. Add an unstable and unqualified president and our world strength is already fading. The dollar will be abandoned. The worlds youthful leaders in engineering and tech will stop coming here for school and work. Our old allies will move on without us. Trump's new axis of despots will do what they do best. Should be fun for my generation to try to fix. Thanks for nothing.

The Democrat Politicians are not benevolent. They take donations from rich donors and corporations.

So, Colorado's Senate is trying to abdicate the vote of the citizens of their State. Interesting.

So, if the citizens vote for, say a Democrat with a majority -- let say the Dem get 64% of the Colorado vote -- but the Republican wins the popular vote in the nation, then they're just Shit out of luck cause the electors are going to vote Republican.

Yeah, good idea. Who cares if we have voter id then? Your vote is immaterial.
Yep, the voters of Colorado are simply stupid as all hell to elect these morons into office.

The Democrat Politicians are not benevolent. They take donations from rich donors and corporations.
Which Democrat politicians? All of them? Some dont pursue those. And some business leaders understand the problem and agree with the progressive solutions. Their donations should be considered supportive of the message and policy rather than some corrupt conspiracy, no? And besides, if we implement the pro worker policy, it doesnt matter as much who donated to the election. The results are what matters. Tell your reps to be involved in the development of the legislation rather than obstruct, and ensure that there are no loopholes or hidden handouts.

The dems tend to want campaign finance reform. Idk exactly what that would look like but it should include undoing the conservative judicial activism of citizens United and related scotus decisions where they manufactured legal pathways for known and anonymous manipulations of our elections by wealthy Americans and foreigners.

Interesting how the Electoral College which has worked very well for over 200 years now needs to be done away with or changed because the chosen one of the political and media elites did not win the election they all thought she would. No the EC is not perfect and there have been a handful of times the popular and electoral results did not match but they are few and far between and I trust the EC far more than I would anything the hyper-partisan assholes of today might come up with to replace it I think it's safe to say both parties would want something that increases their odds of winning a presidential election not something that makes the election more fair.

As soon as a republican appears to be winning the popular vote, Colorado and liberal learning states will pull out of the Compact. That's a convienient escape clause the writers put into the compact rules.

So, Colorado's Senate is trying to abdicate the vote of the citizens of their State. Interesting.

So, if the citizens vote for, say a Democrat with a majority -- let say the Dem get 64% of the Colorado vote -- but the Republican wins the popular vote in the nation, then they're just Shit out of luck cause the electors are going to vote Republican.

Yeah, good idea. Who cares if we have voter id then? Your vote is immaterial.
. Compact rules will allow Colorado to pull out of the Compact.

lol I'm not a rightwinger, dufus, another thing you know nothing about, since you can only parrot DNC rubbish, and can't think for yourself or learn new vocabulary words.

Anyone who uses terms like "rightwinger", dufus", parrot" or "rubbish" needs to find adult level vocabulary words if they want to discuss politics on an adult level.

Children shouldn't even participate.
no animosity intended or implied
just stating an observed fact :)-

I communicate with children and adults at whatever level they themselves communicate at. We would be discriminating against Daryl here if we talked over him.

Would It Be A Block Vote
Following The Popular Vote Of All Other States ??
Regardless Of Who Popularly Carried Colorado Voters ??
Or Would They Divide Them Up
According Candidates On The Ballot
Like, Is It Vermont ??
Didn't Texas Have Some Switch Votes Last Time ??

I Understand Your Point Tho...
But If This Bill Passes And Is Signed
Could The Colorado Electoral Vote Be Invalidated
By The Fed In Courts ??

Not To Mention
The DNC Primary Rules For Selecting Delegates
Follows A Similar Model As The Electoral College

Forum List

Back