College Loan Bubble

YoungRepublican

Dec 21, 2012
New Jersey
What does everyone think of the college loan bubble? I see kids walking around campus totting the fact that they pay virtually nothing for a 40,000 dollar a year education. Who is paying for these people to go to college? The sad part is, more than half of them drop out within a year. It looks eerily similar to the mortgage crisis of 08’.

Sure, the students themselves may be paying little, if anything for their education--but their parents are. If they don't qualify for a Stafford, the parents may be footing the bill through previous savings or education loans taken out by the parents.

If the have Staffords, they simply don't understand the process. They aren't paying now, but they WILL be in the future--even if they drop out.

What does everyone think of the college loan bubble? I see kids walking around campus totting the fact that they pay virtually nothing for a 40,000 dollar a year education. Who is paying for these people to go to college? The sad part is, more than half of them drop out within a year. It looks eerily similar to the mortgage crisis of 08’.

It's even worse with how half of college grads are unemployed or underemployed.

The sad part is college grads don't realize how much they're ripped off by globalist free labor in terms of outsourcing high-tech jobs overseas. They just go along with multiculturalism because it's the hipster thing to do. You see this especially among feminists who are occupying the majority of white-collar positions these days which administer over multicultural labor supplies:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0616.pdf

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0620.pdf

This is even faciliated by low-tech immigration as well in terms of how Hispanics pick our food into an obesity epidemic and build our houses into a housing crisis.

Likewise, outsourcing manufacturing has reduced the amount of management demand at home. Heck, 2 year students are outperforming 4 year students because they can work in tech and service industries.

The Republican Party needs to realize you can't have fiscal responsibility without social responsibility. It needs to stop being a utilitarian party and realize that due process counts.

Total student loans are almost 1 Trillion Dollars! I know many people want Obama to "forgive student debt" like he and Bush bailout the Banks. I don't.

Students are not nearly as important as Banks. It's better for them to be a Debt Slave to the Bankers.

Forum List

Back