College Football

As I was saying, Ohio State is a 1 dimensional team, and as such, their season is over after the Purdue game

Add to that fact that their defense is nonexistent without Bosa, and what you have is perhaps one of the worst teams in Ohio State history.

I would not be surprised if they lost all the rest of their games.

Bosa had the right idea, just walk away from this team, they are all garbage.

Currently, as an Ohio State fan, I consider them to be unwatchable. As a fan, I've never felt that way before.

Never before have I seen an Ohio State team unable to run the ball. At a bare minimum, they should at least have a decent defense.

All this talk about a top recruiting class for the last 5 years at Ohio State?

I don't get it.

Well, the season is over for me, I don't plan on watching any more games.

Congrats to Alabama on winning another Championship.

Peace out.

They had a bad game, they still play Michigan and can still get in the playoffs

Nope, won't happen.

As I said, OSU can't run the ball and that team up north has the best pass defense in college ball.

Add to that fact that OSU has no front offensive line to protect their QB who is immobile (maybe even a paraplegic}, and a back 7 on defense that are horrible, and what you will wind up with is a butt whooping worse than at Purdue in their own back yard.

Did anyone see the game OSU played against Minnesota?

This has been trending for some time.

Last edited:
I figured I'd just start one to keep going the whole season.

We are starting to see who has it and who doesn't.

FSU is a mess. The preseason AP poll had them in the top 20. Now they are 1-2 after losing to VATech and Syracuse. How the mighty have fallen.

LSU is a big surprise, with wins over Miami and auburn. The auburn win was close, while the Tigers destroyed Miami.

Georgia is looking tough, with solid wins, especially at South Carolina. But beating Austin Peay and Middle TN is showing much.

Clemson actually struggled for a few minutes against Georgia Southern before steam-rolling them.

Ohio State looked solid after they took control of the game against TCU. TCU will still make some noise this year.

Wisconsin went down to to BYU. Northwestern lost to Akron after blowing a 21-3 lead. Akron hasn't beaten a BIG10 team since '94. 1894, that is. Yep, 124 years.

Alabama destroyed Ole Miss. The Landsharks (formerly Rebels) scored a TD on the first play of the game. And then Bama rolled on O and D. Tua is looking great.
University of Michigan is doing pretty good. I don’t think they’ll be making the final four but so far they have nothing to be ashamed of.

That’s different than having something to be proud of. They haven’t had that game yet. That’s against Ohio State university.

I’m just glad to see Jim harbaugh being successful. Michigan is competitive again. And you never know they could run the table. Teams get injuries and sometimes underdogs overachieve when they are inspired.

Plus it’s michigan. Michigan used to be bama before bama became bama.

As I was saying, Ohio State is a 1 dimensional team, and as such, their season is over after the Purdue game

Add to that fact that their defense is nonexistent without Bosa, and what you have is perhaps one of the worst teams in Ohio State history.

I would not be surprised if they lost all the rest of their games.

Bosa had the right idea, just walk away from this team, they are all garbage.

Currently, as an Ohio State fan, I consider them to be unwatchable. As a fan, I've never felt that way before.

Never before have I seen an Ohio State team unable to run the ball. At a bare minimum, they should at least have a decent defense.

All this talk about a top recruiting class for the last 5 years at Ohio State?

I don't get it.

Well, the season is over for me, I don't plan on watching any more games.

Congrats to Alabama on winning another Championship.

Peace out.

They had a bad game, they still play Michigan and can still get in the playoffs

Nope, won't happen.

As I said, OSU can't run the ball and that team up north has the best pass defense in college ball.

Add to that fact that OSU has no front offensive line to protect their QB who is immobile (maybe even a paraplegic}, and a back 7 on defense that are horrible, and what you will wind up with is a butt whooping worse than at Purdue in their own back yard.

Did anyone see the game OSU played against Minnesota?

This has been trending for some time.

I watched highlights of the Ohio State/Purdue game. OSU really looked rough. Their defense was terrible. And that cornerback that had the Purdue RB in his arms and tried to sling him to the ground? He should spend the week running his ass off. You may be THE Ohio State. But that is not tackling.

I have to vent.

Today I have seen, not one, not two, but THREE different sports talk show guys talk about Tua Tagovailoa, saying that we don't know how he will react in a pressure situation. Bama has won easily all season, so we have no way to knowing how Tua will react when the pressure is on him.

Now I understand their point, sort of. But when did Tua hit the national stage? I would think, after no meaningful college snaps, being put in the National Championship game with your team down 13-0 would be about as much pressure as any college football player could experience. But I guess memories are short for sports talk guys.

I have to vent.

Today I have seen, not one, not two, but THREE different sports talk show guys talk about Tua Tagovailoa, saying that we don't know how he will react in a pressure situation. Bama has won easily all season, so we have no way to knowing how Tua will react when the pressure is on him.

Now I understand their point, sort of. But when did Tua hit the national stage? I would think, after no meaningful college snaps, being put in the National Championship game with your team down 13-0 would be about as much pressure as any college football player could experience. But I guess memories are short for sports talk guys.
They are just trying to hype up the coming ass kicking Alabama is going to give........to give false hope to the other teams.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Well the LSU Tigers will be without Devon White for the first half after a very, bogus targeting call. White led with his hands and did not launch..... yet Birmingham confirmed the call on the field. While Alabama's Mack Wilson gets a no call vs Tennessee

You decide, is this targeting?.

-Geaux
-------------------------

Two similar plays by defensive players on quarterbacks on Saturday drew different reactions from officials calling those games, and that’s drawn ire from fans across the SEC.

One play that was called for targeting was LSU linebacker Devin White being flagged on a hit on Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald in the fourth quarter, which led to his ejection. That means he will miss the first half of the Alabama game next month.

That controversial call brought out fan complaints that the hit by Alabama’s Mack Wilson on Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano, which caused a collarbone injury, was not whistled for targeting, although it appeared to be a similar hit as White’s.

It was a mixed bag of those defending Wilson’s play, and others calling for SEC leadership to explain what’s the difference between the two plays.

SEC Network’s Marcus Spears and Mike Golic of ESPN agreed that it was the rule that needs to be addressed to sort things out in the future.

With LSU and Alabama each off this week before the Nov. 3 showdown in Tiger Stadium, that gives plenty of time to continue the debate about the calls, the rules and the impact each player will have in the game.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-22-at-10.08.33-AM-718x490.png

Fans question why Mack Wilson wasn’t flagged for targeting while Devin White was on Saturday

Last edited:
Well the LSU Tigers will be without Devon White for the first half after a very, bogus targeting call. White led with his hands and did not launch..... yet Birmingham confirmed the call on the field. While Alabama's Mack Wilson gets a no call vs Tennessee

You decide, is this targeting.

Two similar plays by defensive players on quarterbacks on Saturday drew different reactions from officials calling those games, and that’s drawn ire from fans across the SEC.

One play that was called for targeting was LSU linebacker Devin White being flagged on a hit on Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald in the fourth quarter, which led to his ejection. That means he will miss the first half of the Alabama game next month.

That controversial call brought out fan complaints that the hit by Alabama’s Mack Wilson on Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano, which caused a collarbone injury, was not whistled for targeting, although it appeared to be a similar hit as White’s.

It was a mixed bag of those defending Wilson’s play, and others calling for SEC leadership to explain what’s the difference between the two plays.

SEC Network’s Marcus Spears and Mike Golic of ESPN agreed that it was the rule that needs to be addressed to sort things out in the future.

With LSU and Alabama each off this week before the Nov. 3 showdown in Tiger Stadium, that gives plenty of time to continue the debate about the calls, the rules and the impact each player will have in the game.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-22-at-10.08.33-AM-718x490.png

Fans question why Mack Wilson wasn’t flagged for targeting while Devin White was on Saturday
I've seen questionable targeting calls a lot this season............At full steam it's hard to pull out and many aren't intentional at all..........These are not the only incidents..........I agree they are taking it too far........Needs to be blatant.

Ok winter, can we just go ahead and give Alabama the national championship and get it over with, then we can talk about the rest of us mere mortals. And ca n we please dispense with Ohio state being a contender. Purdue wiped the floor with them. OU is hopefully out but does have to play one loss Michigan. Yes my Seminole’s look terrible. If we only had an O line. Have been getting better every week but Clemson looms large. Six wins seems almost out of reach but hope springs eternal. Seems li,e we have had a touchdown called back every week so far, one that absolutely caused the loss to Miami. I am goi g to start rooting for UCF or is it USF?

Ok winter, can we just go ahead and give Alabama the national championship and get it over with, then we can talk about the rest of us mere mortals. And ca n we please dispense with Ohio state being a contender. Purdue wiped the floor with them. OU is hopefully out but does have to play one loss Michigan. Yes my Seminole’s look terrible. If we only had an O line. Have been getting better every week but Clemson looms large. Six wins seems almost out of reach but hope springs eternal. Seems li,e we have had a touchdown called back every week so far, one that absolutely caused the loss to Miami. I am goi g to start rooting for UCF or is it USF?

No, we cannot. We can play the season out and let the teams win or lose. Yeah, I get that you are tired of seeing Alabama win. I was tired of watching them lose. Then Nick Saban came to Tuscaloosa.

I know people are tired of Alabama winning. There is a simple cure for that. Beat us. We are beatable. It has happened every season except 2009.

I am not tired of Alabama winning, it is something to be respected, but this year like game day said Alabama is up here and all the rest of us are down here. This year they are just on a different planet still with the greatest college coach ever. Who do you see beating them?

Injuries change the season......Tua stays healthy..........Alabama going to be real tuff to beat.........The guy nails the passes.........

Most seasons the injuries play a major role..........

LSU is a big surprise, with wins over Miami and auburn.
LSU isn’t a big surprise. All they ever needed was a QB. The moment that Joe Burrow transferred there, you knew LSU was set.

Lsu has a solid defense. I think Joe Burrow is a good game manager. He is not putting up monster numbers. But, unlike previous LSU QBs, he is not making stupid mistakes.

Jalen Hurts should be back in the lineup for the game. So if Tua gets hurt, Jalen is still able to play. But if Tua stays healthy, I don't see anyone stopping the Alabama offense.

Ok

FSU vs Clemson?

LSU vs Alabama?

Florida vs. Georgia?

Texas vs Okla?

Clemson will beat FSU like a redheaded stepchild.

Alabama will beat LSU, but it will be a closer game than Alabama has had this year. Tua may have to take a 4th quarter snap.

I think Georgia pulls this one out, but it will be close.

I think Texas beats OK.

Winter you called the Clemson game. I got a call at 8 in the morning that said someone had some tickets to game. Fancy skybox, lol, I had nothing in common with any of those there. But FSU had no heart, no want to, no pride. A bunch of boys playing against men. Passes in breadbasket dropped repeatedly, non existent tackling, penalties beyond stupid, not even a try to be competitive for the home crowd. I cannot even comprehend how you can be that listless, that incompetent, that sorry at this point of the season.

As bad as FSU was, I was not impressed with Clemson. They will not be national champions this year.

Florida played good for a bit today...........but they fumbled at the goal line and gave the game away..........

Best goal line stance I've ever seen in that game though........7 tries against Florida inside the 3 yard line because of penalties........and they held them to a field goal.

Ok

FSU vs Clemson?

LSU vs Alabama?

Florida vs. Georgia?

Texas vs Okla?

Clemson will beat FSU like a redheaded stepchild.

Alabama will beat LSU, but it will be a closer game than Alabama has had this year. Tua may have to take a 4th quarter snap.

I think Georgia pulls this one out, but it will be close.

I think Texas beats OK.

Well, I got 2 out of 3 right.

Forum List

Back