College Football

LSU goes down!! All that talk about White being out for the first half? LSU couldn’t score AT ALL!

Roll Tide!!

Tonight we get the first playoff committee rankings.

I think the top 4 will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Michigan. With Georgia and LSU falling into the next 2 slots.
Hands down, the Top 4 teams in the nation are Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma. Just like last season. Those teams still have the most studs on their rosters.

I agree. Of the 4, I think Georgia could be the weakest.

Alabama getting pretty banged up.........tough season left..........Injuries are going to decide this season.

Alabama getting pretty banged up.........tough season left..........Injuries are going to decide this season.

Tonight showed a few things.

First, it should silence the "You haven't played anybody" crowd. We shut-out the #3 team in the country.

Second, our running game is enough to beat most teams. Tonight Tua was off. I think he injured his arm at the beginning of the game. He was not as accurate as he has been.

Third, Our defense can play ball!

Tua's knee is a possible problem...........Hurts had surgery and the Freshman isn't ready..........

Defense playing very very good .........Offensive line very very good...........so still a big advantage.

First, it should silence the "You haven't played anybody" crowd. We shut-out the #3 team in the country.
I didn’t even know that crowd existed. Anyone doubting Alabama is just an idiot. It’s been a decade of dominance under Saban. They are elite year in and year out. They are always one of the five best teams in the nation. Period.

Tonight Tua was off.
Give credit where credit is due...LSU is an elite defensive unit (especially pass defense). I don’t think Tagovailoa was off, so much as LSU was just making life miserable for him. Tight coverage and a hellacious pass rush tends to make QB’s look like they are “off”.

Tonight Tua was off.
Give credit where credit is due...LSU is an elite defensive unit (especially pass defense). I don’t think Tagovailoa was off, so much as LSU was just making life miserable for him. Tight coverage and a hellacious pass rush tends to make QB’s look like they are “off”.

LSU's defense was tough. They did some things no one else has done. The Tide scored on the opening possession in every game except this one. Tua had not thrown an interception all season, until tonight. And they held us to 29 points. They did their job.

Tua's knee is a possible problem...........Hurts had surgery and the Freshman isn't ready..........

Defense playing very very good .........Offensive line very very good...........so still a big advantage.

The best stat of the game? Tua, with his bad knee and a groin injury in the 1st qtr had 49 yards rushing. LSU, as a team, had 12 yards rushing.

The best stat of the game? Tua, with his bad knee and a groin injury in the 1st qtr had 49 yards rushing. LSU, as a team, had 12 yards rushing.
There is just no running the ball on Alabama’s defense. None. Would love to see their run defense go up against Nebraska’s ‘94 and ‘95 rush offense. It would be the immovable object vs. the irresistible force!

I figured I'd just start one to keep going the whole season.

We are starting to see who has it and who doesn't.

FSU is a mess. The preseason AP poll had them in the top 20. Now they are 1-2 after losing to VATech and Syracuse. How the mighty have fallen.

LSU is a big surprise, with wins over Miami and auburn. The auburn win was close, while the Tigers destroyed Miami.

Georgia is looking tough, with solid wins, especially at South Carolina. But beating Austin Peay and Middle TN is showing much.

Clemson actually struggled for a few minutes against Georgia Southern before steam-rolling them.

Ohio State looked solid after they took control of the game against TCU. TCU will still make some noise this year.

Wisconsin went down to to BYU. Northwestern lost to Akron after blowing a 21-3 lead. Akron hasn't beaten a BIG10 team since '94. 1894, that is. Yep, 124 years.

Alabama destroyed Ole Miss. The Landsharks (formerly Rebels) scored a TD on the first play of the game. And then Bama rolled on O and D. Tua is looking great.
The only game I care about is Army-Navy.

I think the top 4 will be Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Michigan. With Georgia and LSU falling into the next 2 slots.
Alabama is the cheating-est team in the NCAA.

It used to be Oklahoma.

Now Alabama.

I hate Alabama.

Go Gaters !!

Tonight Tua was off.

LSU's defense was tough. They did some things no one else has done. The Tide scored on the opening possession in every game except this one. Tua had not thrown an interception all season, until tonight. And they held us to 29 points. They did their job.

They wore LSU defense down and with out the offense doing shit it just demoralized them.

It used to be Oklahoma.

Now Alabama.

I hate Alabama.

Go Gaters !!

Yea any team that dominates people will just call them cheaters , well the opposition coaches suck if they can't figure out how to beat them.

There is just no running the ball on Alabama’s defense. None. Would love to see their run defense go up against Nebraska’s ‘94 and ‘95 rush offense. It would be the immovable object vs. the irresistible force!

The Alabama D line is a monster. Not only did they stuff the run, they harassed the QB enough to slow the passing game. And they only rushed 4 most of the night. Counting the RB kept back to block, there were 6 LSU players protecting the QB on pass plays. That leaves 4 receivers and 7 Bama players to guard them.

I think the 4 team playoff may be set. The biggest threat is Notre Dame losing to Syracuse. I think the other 3 teams will win out.

If Michigan keeps playing like they have recently, they will stay in the top 4. Ohio State is the only threat, and they don't have enough in the bag. The BIG10 conference championship should be Michigan v. Northwestern. Michigan walks away with that one.

Clemson should beat Duke and South Carolina. Looks like Pitt may be the Coastal Division winner. I think Clemson can handle Pitt.

Bama still has The Citadel and auburn. The Citadel may have a better offensive line than the tigers. Bama should win both handily. Georgia is a top team, and will play Bama a tough game in the conference championship. But Bama's defense is solid against the run. And when you stop the Dawgs run game, they have a lot of trouble scoring. I don't think their defense can hold Tua & Co.

If Michigan keeps playing like they have recently, they will stay in the top 4.
There is one scenario where Michigan is out of the playoffs, even if they win out. If Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC Championship (which is very possible), Michigan is out. With that win and only 1 loss, Georgia is skyrocketing into the Top 4. And nobody will put this 1-loss Michigan team in over this 1-loss Alabama team. Nobody.

Based on what? I’ve hated Alabama since I was born (my dislike of them has nothing to do with their recent dominance) so it’s not like I’m one of their fans.

They’ve had 0 NCAA violations under Saban.

Forum List

Back