College Football

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I figured I'd just start one to keep going the whole season.

We are starting to see who has it and who doesn't.

FSU is a mess. The preseason AP poll had them in the top 20. Now they are 1-2 after losing to VATech and Syracuse. How the mighty have fallen.

LSU is a big surprise, with wins over Miami and auburn. The auburn win was close, while the Tigers destroyed Miami.

Georgia is looking tough, with solid wins, especially at South Carolina. But beating Austin Peay and Middle TN is showing much.

Clemson actually struggled for a few minutes against Georgia Southern before steam-rolling them.

Ohio State looked solid after they took control of the game against TCU. TCU will still make some noise this year.

Wisconsin went down to to BYU. Northwestern lost to Akron after blowing a 21-3 lead. Akron hasn't beaten a BIG10 team since '94. 1894, that is. Yep, 124 years.

Alabama destroyed Ole Miss. The Landsharks (formerly Rebels) scored a TD on the first play of the game. And then Bama rolled on O and D. Tua is looking great.

Oh, I didn't mention Nebraska.

When you pay a "cupcake" $1.1 million to come play your big name team, you shouldn't lose the game. That lose hurts.

Auburn went too conservative on running late in the game and it helped cost them the game........the penalty of interference right at the end was questionable to me that got LSU into field goal range...........but the ending scoreboard is all that counts......Was a very close game.

Alabama with Tua is ROLLING...........that guy can throw the ball........LOL

Tide gonna be tough to beat......

Oklahoma quarterback looks pretty good.........saw some of that.......he's a scrabbler and if he stays healthy they are going to be tough.

Clemson strong up front both offense and defense.........

Should be an interesting year.

Oh, I didn't mention Nebraska.

When you pay a "cupcake" $1.1 million to come play your big name team, you shouldn't lose the game. That lose hurts.

Troy is no cupcake 11-2 last year and took down LSU. LSU took down Auburn this year. Husker’s played a second string quarterback (actually third string) in his first start.

Nebraska will get better, but anyone who thought Nebraska was going to be good this year with a brand new offense, a brand new defense and playing so many underclassmen simply don’t understand the game.

We will see what Ohio State is made of when they face Pedo State at home, without Bosa, but not until then.

Alabama looks like their only tough games will be LSU and Georgia.

Clemson? Who do they play? Anyone worth the breath speaking their names?

As for teams like Wisconsin and Nebraska, they never compete for a national title.

And no, I'm not interested in ancient history.

We will see what Ohio State is made of when they face Pedo State at home, without Bosa, but not until then.

As for teams like Wisconsin and Nebraska, they never compete for a national title.

If Bosa is out for long it will hurt them.

I think auburn will still be a tough game. And MS State may be tougher than people think this year. They beat K-State pretty soundly. The Wildcats may not be a top 10 team, but Bill Snyder does pretty well.

Clemson does have a pretty easy schedule. Sadly, that means they could be undefeated and healthy for the playoffs.

I think auburn will still be a tough game. And MS State may be tougher than people think this year. They beat K-State pretty soundly. The Wildcats may not be a top 10 team, but Bill Snyder does pretty well.

Clemson does have a pretty easy schedule. Sadly, that means they could be undefeated and healthy for the playoffs.

I desperately want my Buckeyes to face Clemson.

We have a little vendetta against them.

In that respect, I love their cushy schedule.

I hope they enjoy eating bon, bons, till the playoffs.

And yes, Clemson, we can throw the ball now.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.

I understand. I have the same desire to see Bama face the Buckeyes.

Thanks for that.

You don't understand. This goes back to Woody Hayes.

It was against Clemson that he smacked that player up side the head and was forced to step down.

In fact, I'm not even sure OSU has ever beaten them.

As for Alabama.

Meh.

If OSU loses I will just smile and pop the game in that we crushed them.

It's all good either way.

Thanks for that.

You don't understand. This goes back to Woody Hayes.

It was against Clemson that he smacked that player up side the head and was forced to step down.

In fact, I'm not even sure OSU has ever beaten them.

As for Alabama.

Meh.

If OSU loses I will just smile and pop the game in that we crushed them.

It's all good either way.

I do understand the history. It is much like my hatred for Notre Dame. They ruined too many seasons for us back in the day.

But humiliating them on the biggest stage in college football cured most of that. I still don't like them. But reading and hearing all the hype about the Irish and then destroying them 42-14 was enough revenge to make them less of a thorn.

Alabama has easy out of conference games this year........kinda why they have such huge scores so far........

But if Tua stays healthy..........they can beat anybody.......

BTW...........their kicker sucks again.......LOL

The latest AP poll has the same teams in the top 4, but shuffled a couple of them.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

The rest of the top 10:

5. Oklahoma
6. LSU
7. Stanford
8. Notre Dame
9. auburn
10. tie between Washington & Penn State

4 SEC teams in the top 10 looks good. But they will knock each other out before the end of the season. Bama plays 2 LSU & auburn in the regular season. Georgia plays auburn. And then the SEC Championship.

The BIG10 has 2 teams in the top 10.
The PAC12 has 2 teams in the top 10.
The ACC and the BIG12 each have 1.

Alabama has easy out of conference games this year........kinda why they have such huge scores so far........

I know!! How is it Saban can out recruit almost anybody for every position, but can't get a kicker?? WTH?

I know!! How is it Saban can out recruit almost anybody for every position, but can't get a kicker?? WTH?
Our kicker always suck..........LOL

I'm old enough to remember the years that the placekickers were our leading scorers. They were half our offense.
Van Tiffin, Michael Proctor, and Philip Doyle were reliable scoring machines.

Van Tiffin went 135 for 135 on extra points (his son Leigh broke the record by 1, but took 142 tries to do it), and holds the record for the longest at 57 yards. But his clutch kick for 52 yards as time expired against auburn to win the game is one of the classics of Crimson Tide history.

Philip Doyle kicked 6 field goals in one game in 1990. He scored 19 points total, and the final score was 25-6.

I'm old enough to remember the years that the placekickers were our leading scorers. They were half our offense.
Van Tiffin, Michael Proctor, and Philip Doyle were reliable scoring machines.

Van Tiffin went 135 for 135 on extra points (his son Leigh broke the record by 1, but took 142 tries to do it), and holds the record for the longest at 57 yards. But his clutch kick for 52 yards as time expired against auburn to win the game is one of the classics of Crimson Tide history.

Philip Doyle kicked 6 field goals in one game in 1990. He scored 19 points total, and the final score was 25-6.
Wish we had them back...........In a close game they are solid gold........as Auburn just found out.

I figured I'd just start one to keep going the whole season.

We are starting to see who has it and who doesn't.

FSU is a mess. The preseason AP poll had them in the top 20. Now they are 1-2 after losing to VATech and Syracuse. How the mighty have fallen.

LSU is a big surprise, with wins over Miami and auburn. The auburn win was close, while the Tigers destroyed Miami.

Georgia is looking tough, with solid wins, especially at South Carolina. But beating Austin Peay and Middle TN is showing much.

Clemson actually struggled for a few minutes against Georgia Southern before steam-rolling them.

Ohio State looked solid after they took control of the game against TCU. TCU will still make some noise this year.

Wisconsin went down to to BYU. Northwestern lost to Akron after blowing a 21-3 lead. Akron hasn't beaten a BIG10 team since '94. 1894, that is. Yep, 124 years.

Alabama destroyed Ole Miss. The Landsharks (formerly Rebels) scored a TD on the first play of the game. And then Bama rolled on O and D. Tua is looking great.
I love your thread title. When I want to talk college football I’ll come here.

I haven’t watched a lot of football this year. I got a boat and have been partying every chance I get. Plus the lions MSU and u o m all suck this year.

Anyways, I’m watching 10 penn state play unbranded IL. iL is hanging in there. 7 to 7

Oops, I blinked and it’s looking like penn state is in control. Damn I love the upset

Clemson played Texas A&M and won 28-26. Alabama played Texas A&M and won 45-23.

Looks like things may shake up a bit. Oklahoma took OT against Army. They won but it will probably cost them.

Forum List

Back