Coleman can't beat Franken....

you want to be able to just conjure up votes that dont actually exist and have them count?

No one conjured up votes, that is just propoganda that Retired gy Sgt bought in to that News max told him....

Here is what I have found out...
There were NO 118 VOTES missing, it was 133 votes that were counted on election night that were missing on the recount and those 133 ballots gave Franken -46 NET VOTEs ......

not 133 because Coleman also got some of these votes cast towards him on election night as well....the NET was franken getting 46 votes more than coleman out of it....

AND SINCE Franken is winning by over 70 some votes, even if the 46 NET lost votes were not counted, Franken WINS at this point.

Franken Gets Twin Boost In Minn. Recount
ST. PAUL (AP) ―

The five-member Canvassing Board has recommended that county election boards sort rejected absentees to find those improperly set aside. Then, they are advised to count them.

Democrat Al Franken won a pair of victories Friday before the state board overseeing the U.S. Senate recount, including a decision that as many as 1,500 incorrectly rejected absentee ballots should be folded into the count.

The board also opted to use election night results in a Franken-leaning Minneapolis precinct where 133 ballots went missing, a decision that could have cost him 46 votes if it had gone the other way.

wcco.com - Franken Gets Twin Boost In Minn. Recount

1,047 voters signed in on the roster.
932 additional voters registered in person on Election Day.
35 absentee ballots were accepted in this precinct by the city.
15 absentee ballots were accepted in this precinct by the county.
TOTAL: 2,029 voters cast legal ballots (2,028 votes are recorded on the machine tape).
TODAY: 1,896 ballots were included in the recount.

That is, a total of 2,029 voters either signed in on the registered voter roster in this precinct, registered in person on Election Day (Minnesota is one of the few states that allows you to do this), or sent in absentee ballots. This closely matches the 2,028 votes recorded in the precinct's November 4 count, but does not so closely match the 1,896 ballots that were identified in the recount today.

It looks more likely than not that 133 ballots have in fact gone missing; http://www.sos.state.mn.us/docs/cf_2008recountsummary_8.pdf, FiveThirtyEight.com: Politics Done Right: Missing Ballots in Minneapolis?

Really? What about late votes, improperly marked votes, etc.? Or how about the 118 non-existant ballots, should those be counted?

All votes that are legal should be counted, of course.

Non-existent votes should rather obviously not be counted.

As to which votes are legal, and which are not?

Neither you nor I Bern is really qualified to say, are we?

Really? What about late votes, improperly marked votes, etc.? Or how about the 118 non-existant ballots, should those be counted?

Bern, why so easily fooled by propaganda you have heard from Ret gy sgt?

THERE WERE NO 118 ballots missing....ONLY retgy sgt has used that number....no newspaper, no court, no judge....no one has used the MADE UP FIGURE of 118 ballots missing but the Sgt.

This is a case of someone repeating a mistruth enough, that the crowd FOLLOWS the mistruth without LOOKING UP the info themselves.

There were 133 missing ballots that were counted on election night...giving al franken a 46 vote lead over Coleman.

These ballots were there and counted on election night.

These ballots were missing when they did the recount.

These ballots were also counted in their total tally on election night, on the tally registration count, at the election precinct.

You can see from the link above that i posted.

The JUDGE also made the decision, thru all of the facts presented in court, that these ballots were missing and should be counted.

THAT'S NOT CHEATING.

THAT'S NOT ELECTION FRAUD

It would have been election fraud IF THE STOLEN BALLOTS or misplaced ballots WERE NOT included in on the recount when they were CLEARLY THERE during the election.

This is just an fyi for ya bern....

be careful of who you listen to and what you repeat as fact or truth that you hear from them, when it is clearly not the truth.

I'm not saying Retgysgt has done this on purpose, spreading this propaganda around about 118 votes going to Franken that should not have...because he foolishly just took newsmax's or some other Republican source as truth....without following thru himself to find out the truth.

As Editec has said, all LEGITIMATE VOTES should count.

With the votes that were cast by the missing ballots, Franken got a 46 vote lead over Coleman, not 118 votes, not 133 votes because Coleman got some of these votes as well....so 46 votes was the net to Franken.

Even with these 46 net gain votes, TAKEN AWAY from Franken, which they should NOT BE, but even if they were, Franken would still be in the LEAD.

care

I don't disagree but I notice that the pugs only bitch and moan about the "process" when they are on the losing end, otherwise they are completely against reform laws which would eliminate these type of situations. Why is that? My opinion is that it's because USUALLY they benefit from election theft and therefore have no incentive to remedy the situation. This time around they got fucked, probably by their own tactics no less.

Do I like this situation? hell no I don't. Do I think they should hold a special election and redo the entire thing? Yes I do! But the fact remains that pugs have successfully stolen more than one election in recent memory so I'm not gonna cry to much over one senate seat

I don't think that's a fair criticism. I think everyone wants reform of the system as a general matter. I think that everyone wants every legitimate vote to count and every illegitimate vote not to count. If that's the kind of reform you are speaking of, then I think you would have broad bi-partisan support.

The fact that Franken is going to be a senator should sicken everyone, not just Republicans. It cheapens and demeans the entire organization. I guess it shouldn't be surprising from an electorate that would decide a pro-wrestler should lead them, but I believe it is a new low, even for them.

I don't think that's a fair criticism. I think everyone wants reform of the system as a general matter. I think that everyone wants every legitimate vote to count and every illegitimate vote not to count. If that's the kind of reform you are speaking of, then I think you would have broad bi-partisan support.

The fact that Franken is going to be a senator should sicken everyone, not just Republicans. It cheapens and demeans the entire organization. I guess it shouldn't be surprising from an electorate that would decide a pro-wrestler should lead them, but I believe it is a new low, even for them.

I would not be surprised by a Franken win. These are the same people who created
link-spam-report.jpg

Cheapens and demeans the entire organization? Where were you when that retarded redneck known as Bush Jr. was getting into the White House?

I think the 2004 Presidential election, and the way it was handled was worse than Franken and his vote counts.

How can you cheapen and demean democracy?

Cheapens and demeans the entire organization? Where were you when that retarded redneck known as Bush Jr. was getting into the White House?

I think the 2004 Presidential election, and the way it was handled was worse than Franken and his vote counts.

I voted for him because I was given no real choice (he was much like McCain that way, at least in my eyes.) I was criticizing him where I thought he was wrong. (Which was plenty). Giving him somewhat tepid props for some consistency I thought was good. But, with the one side acting like a freak show against him, I couldn't join that band of idiots in their race to the cliff.

I like be a bit more balanced in my criticisms. If you think Franken is on the same level as Bush or better than him, then you don't know Franken. I'll leave it to him to elucidate on that more fully. You'll get the idea, just watch.

Franken is going to be a hoot. He's going to be the mouth piece for the party. I can already hear the sound bites of him giving his views on things. It will in the end help the Republicans.

lol, I meant a free election. Anyway, what exactly about Franken do you dislike? One thing will suffice as long as it isn't "he sucked on snl."

From the interviews (serious interviews where he is supposed to be expressing his political opinions on various topics), he appears to me to lack any real depth on almost any topic he cared to talk about. He was no different than anyone on here. You might just as well have won his seat. Now, maybe you think you're qualified to be a senator, but you are certainly no less qualified than him.

But, hell, maybe we're just going to pack the senate with idiots and my standards are too high. Go through this little exercise. Compare Al Franken to Sam Nunn and tell me what the differences are. Or Ernst Hollings. Or even someone I have no respect for like Patrick Leahy. At least I see how he belongs in the senate.

Bottom line, no gravitas.

From the interviews (serious interviews where he is supposed to be expressing his political opinions on various topics), he appears to me to lack any real depth on almost any topic he cared to talk about. He was no different than anyone on here. You might just as well have won his seat. Now, maybe you think you're qualified to be a senator, but you are certainly no less qualified than him.

But, hell, maybe we're just going to pack the senate with idiots and my standards are too high. Go through this little exercise. Compare Al Franken to Sam Nunn and tell me what the differences are. Or Ernst Hollings. Or even someone I have no respect for like Patrick Leahy. At least I see how he belongs in the senate.

Bottom line, no gravitas.
Okay, that makes sense. I'm not sure that factor is the most important...in fact after the deadly seriousness of the last six or seven years I wonder even more. IMO the most important qualification is common sense. There isn't much of that out there and I've no idea if Franken possesses it or not.

How do you cheapen and demean democracy Ravi?

Simple.......give it to Bush Jr.

And yes, Tech, I DO think that Franken is smarter than Bush Jr. ever THOUGHT of being!

Okay, that makes sense. I'm not sure that factor is the most important...in fact after the deadly seriousness of the last six or seven years I wonder even more. IMO the most important qualification is common sense. There isn't much of that out there and I've no idea if Franken possesses it or not.

There is nothing common about common sense.

A smidge of intelligence wouldn't hurt or have we forgotten the last 8 years already?

How do you cheapen and demean democracy Ravi?

Simple.......give it to Bush Jr.

And yes, Tech, I DO think that Franken is smarter than Bush Jr. ever THOUGHT of being!

I suppose you can think that, but I have all the confidence in the world that Al will prove me right and you wrong. Let's just wait for him to arrive in my town and give him a chance to show his stuff.

Forum List

Back