Coal is DEAD, and Now KY Residents Are Seeing Real World Affects of It

'Coal is DEAD"
Wonder how that happened.
“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” “Under my plan electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
President Obama on his cap and trade plan.

There is no cap and trade, dope.
Didn't say there was just quoting the President who stated he was going to go after Coal. What do you think those remarks did to the industry ?

Due to the decline of coal production in Kentucky, a Martin County Kentucky Sheriff has been forced to shut down the county police force. They were operating off of taxes from coal, and it just isn't there anymore. It is time for the government to really ramp up the re-education programs for people that live in these areas so that the counties can get new revenue sources!

"A county sheriff in Kentucky suggested residents “lock your doors, load your guns and get a biting, barking dog” after he announced he is suspending all law enforcement activities due to a lack of funding.

Martin County Sheriff John Kirk told the county fiscal court in an unannounced appearance that his office is still owed a $75,000 payment from last month that it had yet not received, according to The Associated Press.

Kirk said he let the sheriff’s office bookkeeper go and reduced office hours to 20 per week.

“I have been your Sheriff for over four years now. It has been a struggle to try to keep 24 hour protection for you and your family. I have had to operate the last little bit with just myself and one other paid deputy,” Kirk wrote in a Facebook post last week.

“I’m very sorry to tell you this but I want the fine folks of this county to know the truth. WE ARE BROKE,” he added."

Kentucky sheriff suspends enforcement over lack of funding: ‘Lock your doors, load your guns’
Lol
Fuck face, Most Coal comes from Wyoming... dumbass

Cupcake, it's a different Coal. The Western Coal burns dirty while the Applachian Coal burns fairly clean in comparison. BTW, in case you have been under a rock, yesterday, I saw a long line of loaded Coal Cars waiting to be transported. It used to be all hours of the day that loaded trains would pull out. Not, they hold the cars until they get the 105 car train before they ship it out of the holding yard. That happens about once a week. They used to have the coal sold when they dug it up and were guaranteed that they could sell as much or more than they could process. Today, they have to find a market before they mine the coal. The biggest use of Western Coal is coal fired electric plants. Something like 40% of the Plants today are Natural Gas while Coal has slipped to about 20%. And Coal is slipping more and more each year. You seem to believe that Wyoming is the only coal producer. I think you should ask New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and a few others if they have any coal. The difference is, we don't let the coal companies strip the whole damned mountain top off to get it. Your little Hills really don't rate being called part of the Rocky Mountains.
North eastern Wyoming has no mountains you fucking retard

'Coal is DEAD"
“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” “Under my plan electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
I think anybody with half brain knows why. 25,000 people a year die from Black Lung. Burning coal has been linked with asthma, cancer, heart and lung ailments, neurological problems, acid rain, and global warming.

Mountaintop coal mining is a environmental disaster. The real damage is not just removing a mountain top but the deforestation which destroys headwater streams which are crucial to the workings of mountain ecosystems.

I don't know if anyone has ever figured the total healthcare and environmental cost due to coal mining but it has be huge.
Fuck face... Most Coal by a long shot, comes from open pit mining so you need to shut the fuck up you fucking child

U.S. News and World Report ranks an Eastern Kentucky county as the worst-performing white-majority county in the nation in a special report released Tuesday that analyzes links between race, geography and health outcomes.

The report analyzed a number of health and economic factors, including job availability, prevalence of various diseases, smoking rates, housing affordability, and air and water quality.

Read more here: This Kentucky county is the worst-performing white-majority county in the nation
That’s what happens when neofascist green freaks stifle the economy. People go broke and become desperate and vulnerable to drug addiction.
Way to go, Obama.

'Coal is DEAD"
I think anybody with half brain knows why. 25,000 people a year die from Black Lung. Burning coal has been linked with asthma, cancer, heart and lung ailments, neurological problems, acid rain, and global warming.

Mountaintop coal mining is a environmental disaster. The real damage is not just removing a mountain top but the deforestation which destroys headwater streams which are crucial to the workings of mountain ecosystems.

I don't know if anyone has ever figured the total healthcare and environmental cost due to coal mining but it has be huge.

yet you dont mind 600,000 plus people a year dying because of indoor fires/heat due to no fossil fuel?
By the time we eliminate burning all fossil fuels, there will certainly be substitutes.

dont try to justify junk science at the murder of thousands of poor people in Africa.

I recently read where there are 15 nuclear power plants along the New Madrid Fault of the same design as the one in Japan that failed.
Its dead because it kills people when you burn it & spews greenhouse gases.
thats confusing since we have been burning it for hundreds of yrs and the population has grown to ridiculous numbers
Not confusing at all. The amount burned has increased with the industrial revolution. Increased the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere.re & more & more pollution. Kills & sickens thousands of Americans every year.
based on population growth that doesnt seem to be the case
So nothing should be done unless the deaths due to the production of coal exceeds 2 to 3 million Americans a year?:cuckoo:
I never said that,,,and from what I've heard is no one has died let alone millions
You said, "thats confusing since we have been burning it for hundreds of yrs and the population has grown to ridiculous numbers

My reply was in the form of question that nothing should be done until the deaths exceeds the growth in population? That's 2 to 3 million a year.

Black Lung kills about 25,000 a year. With the reduction in coal mining over last 15 years, it's down from 29,000.

'Coal is DEAD"

yet you dont mind 600,000 plus people a year dying because of indoor fires/heat due to no fossil fuel?
By the time we eliminate burning all fossil fuels, there will certainly be substitutes.

dont try to justify junk science at the murder of thousands of poor people in Africa.
Were you actually replying to my post or just posting some canned propaganda?

Coal has been in a severe decline in Kentucky for DECADES, so this is nothing new.

'Coal is DEAD"

There is no cap and trade, dope.
Didn't say there was just quoting the President who stated he was going to go after Coal. What do you think those remarks did to the industry ?
Nothing.
They did nothing. That's exactly why it's irrelevant to the thread, dope.

Forum List

Back