Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Well, Lassie, I'm 69 and was born and raised in heavy coal country. You are hilarious...

Trading in coal, specifically Patriot Coal (PCX) bought our home....you're an idiot.

How many miners died for your home?

LOL Sloping Brow is scrambling to save his now failed thread. It won't work Slopes, I invest in companies I don't get emotional while doing it....it's all about the $$$$

Oh, did you also invest in Trump University?

Nope I invest in energy..it's been very very good to me. Now the game is nasty oil and clean natural gas. When one door closes another opens.

Clean natural gas? That's funny...

577959b3150000ed026c97c5.jpeg

Look! Here’s a distraction!

Problem is, coal mining jobs aren’t coming back — even under President Trump.

Robert Murray, owner of the country’s largest private coal company, wasted no time pointing the finger when he announced plans earlier this week to lay off as many as 4,400 workers, or 80 percent of his workforce.

His St. Clairsville, Ohio-based Murray Energy Corporation needed to downsize “due to the ongoing destruction of the United States coal industry by President Barack Obama, and his supporters, and the increased utilization of natural gas to generate electricity,” he said.

“Frankly, I am frightened for you, my employees, and the survival of your jobs and family livelihoods,” Murray said in a speech to workers, according to The Wall Street Journal. Their only hope for their jobs, the 75-year-old said, lies in electing “friends of coal” like Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

That’s not true, of course — not least because the pink slips are set to go out in September, and the election won’t be held until November. But even a President Trump — whose seemingly half-baked plan to save coal would likely only boost its chief rival, natural gas — can’t stop the calamitous decline of the industry. For that, coal only really has itself to blame.

It’s predictably easy for Big Coal and its cohorts to obfuscate facts. The very idea that wealthy coal executives represent miners’ best interests ignores a long history ofviolence and abuse against workers who risked their lives to extract a fuel that helped usher in unprecedented economic growth, often for meager wages.

The coal industry has been in decline for decades. In 2007, coal still produced 50 percent of the electricity used in the U.S. Nine years later, that number stands at 33 percent.

57794eed1900002500219283.png

CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS
Coal miners actually fared slightly better under Obama than they did under his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush.

More: Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Will Trump supporters actually swallow such lies? Probably. Coal is killing coal - not president Obama.
Even without the environmental and safety regulations which are going to be with us regardless of who wins the election, jobs will continue to disappear because coal is being replaced by cheaper natural gas. Leases on coal properties are rising creating more problems for the industry. Also, the increasing number of surface mines are eliminating jobs. Coal is dying industry as it should be.

Last edited:
Hillary said she will put coal miners out of a job. "Coal baron" (aka successful businessman) has nothing to do with it. It's liberal political policies and that big fat ass pants suit wearing criminal Hillary is against the working man.

Trading in coal, specifically Patriot Coal (PCX) bought our home....you're an idiot.

LOL Sloping Brow is scrambling to save his now failed thread. It won't work Slopes, I invest in companies I don't get emotional while doing it....it's all about the $$$$

Nope I invest in energy..it's been very very good to me. Now the game is nasty oil and clean natural gas. When one door closes another opens.

Clean natural gas? That's funny...

It's profitable...in fact if a certain holding does what I expect it this coming week the cash register will ring big time...thank you Brexit for crushing the stocks and making them cheap!!!

Well, Lassie, I'm 69 and was born and raised in heavy coal country. You are hilarious...

lol. classic internet posing. She claims she's a knowledgeable energy investor but didn't know that natural gas is killing coal.

Did you read the freaking second sentence? He said the job layoffs were caused by the ongoing destruction of the coal industry by Obama. How the hell can anyyone in their right mind (including low information lefties) criticize Trump when Hillary vowed (on national T.V.) to ruin the coal industry?

He reads the headlines and thinks "oh goody this is a good one"...he's clueless

He thinks the hood of Chicago is more attractive then
Except Obama promised to kill the coal industry in 2008. Fact.

You lie, stretchmark. Natural Gas is killing coal not Obama. What does Trump plan to do? Make gas more expensive somehow so coal can compete?

You big fat lier ,what can trump do? Undo the crap obozo did with the EPA

lol. classic internet posing. She claims she's a knowledgeable energy investor but didn't know that natural gas is killing coal.

Yep, message boards are magnets for "posers"...like Lassie...

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

bi catfish and the Shyster are speculators= parasites who live off the labor of other

You lie, stretchmark. Natural Gas is killing coal not Obama. What does Trump plan to do? Make gas more expensive somehow so coal can compete?

Get lost Dumb Deer, you're as clueless as Sloping Brow

That's quite an argument. Put down the shitty diaper and put your thinking cap on. Cheap gas is undercutting coal and the big users of coal are switching to it.

2015: Coal v. Natural Gas - Oil & Gas 360

Trying to hide the truth again partisan hack..

Obama EPA Issues Coal-Killing Rules To Cut Carbon Emissions 30 Percent

Yep, message boards are magnets for "posers"...like Lassie...

LOL You have no idea about me Sloping Brow, cease pretending you do, that goes for all you daffy left loons, you're all huge on accusations but mighty short on proof. It's stupid and childish

Yes, it needs put out of its misery - for the sake of the planet. The coal industry was dying before Obama came into office. Coal is killing itself, with a little help from cheap natural gas and renewables.

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

Let us for the sake of argument, say that you are entirely correct. Let us say that coal was a dying industry, and that Obama did not directly have anything to do with it's destruction.

I don't actually buy that, but for the sake of argument, let's pretend that is true.

The fact is, a sitting president openly stated that he intended to destroy the coal industry. Now I don't care what job you have, if the president of the United States says while in office, he intends to destroy your livelihood.... you are going to hate that guy. And rightly so.

So no matter how you cut this, the reason that coal CEO hates Obama, and hates Democrats, is neither unreasonable, nor unexpected. And everyone should.

Why not shut down all coal-fired electric plants right now?

After all, they serve mostly urban areas that are rife with liberals who can make their own power for the 'puters by rubbing each other together.

Sure there'd be some misery; some pain and some might die. Now can somebody see a downside in any of that?
Good idea,a typical big city lib look down on the people that grow their food basically what's needed to survive,cut that off and it wouldn't take long for total pandemonium.

Forum List

Back