Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Coal will always be an economical way to generate electric power. There's enough coal to last 200 years. Whether Trump can stop the natural slow decline of the coal industry is one thing. Whether he can prevent the government from deliberately killing it is another. Americans don't benefit when electric rates are increased artificially because perfectly serviceable coal fired power plants have to be retired long before the end of their useful lives. That's just plain stupid, and only imbeciles like you, Lakhota and bulldog would support it.
Coal is not an economical way to general electric power and hasn't been for some time. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner. In 1990, almost 60% of America's power was produced by coal fired generating plants. It has steadily fallen to 32% and there is no sign of that trend reversing. During the same period power generation by natural gas has risen from 10% to 35%. The low price of clean burning natural gas is the reason for the recent coal to natural gas conversions. The last coal fired power plant in the US went into operation 4 years ago. Power plant construction experts believe it will be America's last coal fired power generation plant to be built.

You are wrong. By every economic measure, coal is the cheapest way of producing power.

View attachment 80289
Wood is cheaper, but not as scale-able.

View attachment 80290

By any measure you can pick, even including capital costs (price of building the power plant itself, coal is by far cheaper. Only Nuclear and Hydro electric dams, are cheaper.

I'm sorry, but you and your left-wing anti-science people are factually wrong, as you always are.
I think you're neglecting the fact that over the last 8 years natural gas prices have fallen dramatically even relative to coal. If coal were the preferred fuel for power generation today we would not be seeing the number of conversions from coal to gas and would not see coal's use in power generation falling from over 50% to 32%. For the first time, natural gas use to produce electricity has exceeded that of coal. Furthermore, the low natural gas prices are projected to continue at least through 2020 making the generation cost less than coal with less environmental impact.

Natural Gas to Overtake Coal in 2016 | Fox Business

You keep ignoring the fact that Obama has made coal far more expensive with all his idiotic regulations.
No, I'm not ignoring it. There is no good reason for exempting coal from the same rules we use for natural gas, oil, and other cleaner fuels. Burning coal causes smog, soot, acid rain, global warming, and toxic air emissions. We certainly shouldn't force the public to breath this shit to line the pockets of mine owners and preserve an industry that should have been phased out years ago. A 2013 gallup poll shows 70% of Americans agree.
Does your pussy hurt?

Coal will always be an economical way to generate electric power. There's enough coal to last 200 years. Whether Trump can stop the natural slow decline of the coal industry is one thing. Whether he can prevent the government from deliberately killing it is another. Americans don't benefit when electric rates are increased artificially because perfectly serviceable coal fired power plants have to be retired long before the end of their useful lives. That's just plain stupid, and only imbeciles like you, Lakhota and bulldog would support it.
Coal is not an economical way to general electric power and hasn't been for some time. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner. In 1990, almost 60% of America's power was produced by coal fired generating plants. It has steadily fallen to 32% and there is no sign of that trend reversing. During the same period power generation by natural gas has risen from 10% to 35%. The low price of clean burning natural gas is the reason for the recent coal to natural gas conversions. The last coal fired power plant in the US went into operation 4 years ago. Power plant construction experts believe it will be America's last coal fired power generation plant to be built.

You are wrong. By every economic measure, coal is the cheapest way of producing power.

View attachment 80289
Wood is cheaper, but not as scale-able.

View attachment 80290

By any measure you can pick, even including capital costs (price of building the power plant itself, coal is by far cheaper. Only Nuclear and Hydro electric dams, are cheaper.

I'm sorry, but you and your left-wing anti-science people are factually wrong, as you always are.
I think you're neglecting the fact that over the last 8 years natural gas prices have fallen dramatically even relative to coal. If coal were the preferred fuel for power generation today we would not be seeing the number of conversions from coal to gas and would not see coal's use in power generation falling from over 50% to 32%. For the first time, natural gas use to produce electricity has exceeded that of coal. Furthermore, the low natural gas prices are projected to continue at least through 2020 making the generation cost less than coal with less environmental impact.

Natural Gas to Overtake Coal in 2016 | Fox Business

You keep ignoring the fact that Obama has made coal far more expensive with all his idiotic regulations.
No, I'm not ignoring it. There is no good reason for exempting coal from the same rules we use for natural gas, oil, and other cleaner fuels. Burning coal causes smog, soot, acid rain, global warming, and toxic air emissions. We certainly shouldn't force the public to breath this shit to line the pockets of mine owners and preserve an industry that should have been phased out years ago. A 2013 gallup poll shows 70% of Americans agree.

First, I don't give a crap what a poll says. Most of the public is ignorant, and believes whatever the media says. That isn't to say they are dumb, or idiots, it's simply a matter of average person does not care enough to spend hours researching like I do, and more likely simply doesn't have the time.

So every poll is a poll of ignorance in my book.

Second, smog, soot, acid rain, and toxic air emission may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter to the argument given here on this thread.

The argument given on this thread was that Obama did not directly cause the slow death of the coal industry. That was the claim. The facts are, 2008 was a record year in coal production, and has declined since Obama came into office.

The claim was false. Obama did indirectly, or directly, with or without direct intention, cause the death of the coal industry. It was not a market place change, or an economic response. It was a direct effect of government intervention to harm coal production and coal jobs, and coal business.

Now you can come up with all the justifications. That's fine. But the fact is, the claim Obama isn't to blame for the coal industries decline is false. You people on the left who said that, are ignorant or liars.

There are so many to blame in DC for Algore's abominable fraud lasting as long as it has, it would blow everyone's mind here.

The GOP had the chance to impeach Obama for covering up an FBI prosecution against the climate "scientists" for fraud in 2014 and passed. When BIZARRO took over as Speaker for Crybaby Boehner, there was new hope, which faded as quickly as one can read the backwards S on BIZARRO's chest...

Forum List

Back