Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
577959b3150000ed026c97c5.jpeg

Look! Here’s a distraction!

Problem is, coal mining jobs aren’t coming back — even under President Trump.

Robert Murray, owner of the country’s largest private coal company, wasted no time pointing the finger when he announced plans earlier this week to lay off as many as 4,400 workers, or 80 percent of his workforce.

His St. Clairsville, Ohio-based Murray Energy Corporation needed to downsize “due to the ongoing destruction of the United States coal industry by President Barack Obama, and his supporters, and the increased utilization of natural gas to generate electricity,” he said.

“Frankly, I am frightened for you, my employees, and the survival of your jobs and family livelihoods,” Murray said in a speech to workers, according to The Wall Street Journal. Their only hope for their jobs, the 75-year-old said, lies in electing “friends of coal” like Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

That’s not true, of course — not least because the pink slips are set to go out in September, and the election won’t be held until November. But even a President Trump — whose seemingly half-baked plan to save coal would likely only boost its chief rival, natural gas — can’t stop the calamitous decline of the industry. For that, coal only really has itself to blame.

It’s predictably easy for Big Coal and its cohorts to obfuscate facts. The very idea that wealthy coal executives represent miners’ best interests ignores a long history ofviolence and abuse against workers who risked their lives to extract a fuel that helped usher in unprecedented economic growth, often for meager wages.

The coal industry has been in decline for decades. In 2007, coal still produced 50 percent of the electricity used in the U.S. Nine years later, that number stands at 33 percent.

57794eed1900002500219283.png

CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS
Coal miners actually fared slightly better under Obama than they did under his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush.

More: Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Will Trump supporters actually swallow such lies? Probably. Coal is killing coal - not president Obama.

Except Obama promised to kill the coal industry in 2008. Fact.

Yes, it needs put out of its misery - for the sake of the planet. The coal industry was dying before Obama came into office. Coal is killing itself, with a little help from cheap natural gas and renewables.

Coal is being hit by Algore's FRAUD. If Hillary loses, Algore's FRAUD gets outed as FRAUD. Hence, it makes perfect sense.

It starts right here....

The Silence of US President Obama on Climate Change-A Serious Ethical Lapse?

O was "silent" for two years on the issue, and reportedly had a shouting match with Algore himself and since has never been photo-ed with Algore. So, we have an Affirmative Action Parrot and Kleptocrat, Obama, who parrots all the warming BS, then shuts up for TWO YEARS, then starts PARROTING again...

WHAT MADE HIM SHUT UP FOR TWO YEARS?

I'll tell you who knows

Paul BIZARRO Ryan
John Boehner
Bob Goodlatte
Mitch McConnell
Chuck Grasserly
Ted Cruz

What is it?

A: an FBI fraud prosecution of the tippy toppiest "top climate scientists"

What are "Republicans" doing concealing the truth that Global Warming is a FRAUD?

A: precisely what Benjamin Netanyahu wants - helping to elect HILLARY

Yes, it needs put out of its misery - for the sake of the planet. The coal industry was dying before Obama came into office. Coal is killing itself, with a little help from cheap natural gas and renewables.

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

The coal industry wasn't dying on it's own stupid shit...

We have more coal under Illinois alone then we know what to do with.

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

Well, Lassie, I'm 69 and was born and raised in heavy coal country. You are hilarious...

Well, Lassie, I'm 69 and was born and raised in heavy coal country. You are hilarious...

Trading in coal, specifically Patriot Coal (PCX) bought our home....you're an idiot.

So what? It's killing the planet; killing people. The pollution and mountaintop mining are horrendous.

So what? It's killing the planet; killing people. The pollution and mountaintop mining are horrendous.

WAH!!!!!!! it was all designed to promote Obungle's failed solar push....Solyndra ring any bells?

Did you read the freaking second sentence? He said the job layoffs were caused by the ongoing destruction of the coal industry by Obama. How the hell can anyyone in their right mind (including low information lefties) criticize Trump when Hillary vowed (on national T.V.) to ruin the coal industry?

He reads the headlines and thinks "oh goody this is a good one"...he's clueless

Trading in coal, specifically Patriot Coal (PCX) bought our home....you're an idiot.

Patriot should have been called Pirate. Are they still in business?

Best swing trade holding I ever owned, my grandfather and I made huge sums on trading that golden goose. You're clueless about trading also....is there anything you know?

Isn't 40% of electricity generated is still by coal?
Coal will die at some point let it live and die a normal
Death,as whale oil and beaver hides.the rush to end coal impacts far to many lives keeping this pace.

Isn't 40% of electricity generated is still by coal?
Coal will die at some point let it live and die a normal
Death,as whale oil and beaver hides.the rush to end coal impacts far to many lives keeping this pace.

No no, solar and wind will save us!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO Idiot progressives

Best swing trade holding I ever owned, my grandfather and I made huge sums on trading that golden goose. You're clueless about trading also....is there anything you know?

How is Patriot doing now...?

Forum List

Back