Coakley to voters: You're Not Smart Enough to Understand Health Care

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Martha Coakley interview

This is a fascinating interview of Martha Coakley this morning on a local TV station, focusing mostly on health care. Note how Martha Coakley dismisses the concerns that voters have about health care by claiming the voters are too “unfocused,” don’t really understand this issues involved, etc.

In particular, watch her adamant response to the question about the fact that 61 percent of voters in the Suffolk poll don’t think we can afford government-run health care. “Are they wrong?” the interviewer asks.

“They ARE wrong,” Coakley practically shouts—it’s her most passionate moment in the interview. She then suggests the issue is too “complicated” for the voters to grasp. She also shows she has no idea how health care works, erroneously claiming (among other things) that more medical screenings will save money. As everyone who has covered this issue knows, more screenings mean MORE money and higher costs (it’s that crazy “supply and demand” thing, Martha).

Don’t believe me? Here’s what the CBO had to say about it: "Researchers who have examined the effects of preventive care generally find that the added costs of widespread use of preventive services tend to exceed the savings from averted illness."

They can also save lives, so it may be good policy. But claiming preventative care will cut costs shows you don’t know what you’re talking about.

So once again we’ve got an elitist, establishment liberal calling everyone else stupid, while demonstrating that she doesn’t understand even the most basic elements of ObamaCare.

Keep talking, Martha. You’re the best friend Scott Brown ever had.

She proceeds to reiterate

http://michaelgraham.com/archives/m...e-not-smart-enough-to-understand-health-care/

Last edited:
The GOP would have created her, if they were clever enough. The administration is in full panic mode and Pelosi if now the king, if Coakley loses tomorrow, which is looking more and more likely.

How much more angry can the electorate get before legislators start abandoning the administration? If they try to ram this farce of a health care bill through the House, can't imagine the anger.

How would she know? She's never actually met a Voter. When her campaign staff told her she needed to get out there and meet the voters,she replied "Why would i want to go out and meet a bunch of strangers?" Yikes! Come on Massachusetts,Scott Brown is the logical choice. Don't blow it.

How would she know? She's never actually met a Voter. When her campaign staff told her she needed to get out there and meet the voters,she replied "Why would i want to go out and meet a bunch of strangers?" Yikes! Come on Massachusetts,Scott Brown is the logical choice. Don't blow it.

I just hope, like you are suspicious of, that our rampantly corrupt government here in MA actually counts the votes properly.

The GOP would have created her, if they were clever enough. The administration is in full panic mode and Pelosi if now the king, if Coakley loses tomorrow, which is looking more and more likely.

How much more angry can the electorate get before legislators start abandoning the administration? If they try to ram this farce of a health care bill through the House, can't imagine the anger.

President Obama has already said it though, to paraphrase "Once this healthcare bill passes the American People will find out that they like what's in it" .... that's the attitude of the Democrats right now "We know better than you silly peasants so just sit down and shut up" and I've seen no indication that they are nearing the point where they are going to change that attitude.

Just look at the "plan B's" being kicked around by Congressional leadership and the Administration in case Scott Brown does pull off an upset:

1. Get in the vote before Brown is confirmed
2. Reconciliation in the Senate
3. Attempt to pass the Senate Bill in the House unaltered

Heck I'm surprised they haven't come up with just proclaiming President Obama dictator for life yet , worked for Caesar after all.

All this adds up to "We don't care what the people want, we just care about what WE want".

Martha Coakley interview

This is a fascinating interview of Martha Coakley this morning on a local TV station, focusing mostly on health care. Note how Martha Coakley dismisses the concerns that voters have about health care by claiming the voters are too “unfocused,” don’t really understand this issues involved, etc.

In particular, watch her adamant response to the question about the fact that 61 percent of voters in the Suffolk poll don’t think we can afford government-run health care. “Are they wrong?” the interviewer asks.

“They ARE wrong,” Coakley practically shouts—it’s her most passionate moment in the interview. She then suggests the issue is too “complicated” for the voters to grasp. She also shows she has no idea how health care works, erroneously claiming (among other things) that more medical screenings will save money. As everyone who has covered this issue knows, more screenings mean MORE money and higher costs (it’s that crazy “supply and demand” thing, Martha).

Don’t believe me? Here’s what the CBO had to say about it: "Researchers who have examined the effects of preventive care generally find that the added costs of widespread use of preventive services tend to exceed the savings from averted illness."

They can also save lives, so it may be good policy. But claiming preventative care will cut costs shows you don’t know what you’re talking about.

So once again we’ve got an elitist, establishment liberal calling everyone else stupid, while demonstrating that she doesn’t understand even the most basic elements of ObamaCare.

I think that she is about ready to find out how NOT stupid the Massachusett's electorate is when they elect Scott Brown to the U.S Senate.:lol:

Asked whether she should have deigned to campaign for the office she seems to believe she inherited, she snapped: “As opposed to standing outside Fenway Park? In the cold? Shaking hands?”

Moonbat leads with 2 left feet - BostonHerald.com

that made me think of this picture

coakley%20wsj_2.jpg

Martha Coakley interview

This type of attitude (Americans are too stupid to understand anything) has been reflected in the democrat party attitude for many years. Nancy Pelosi's recent comment about Obama--basically stating that campaign promises are always made that are broken & laughing about it. This over someone asking her about the 7 or 8 promises from Obama about the health care bill being "transperent"--then Nancy goes on to state that this administration is transperant. I mean one would really have to be fairly stupid to believe that.

So--one would have to believe that all these comments from democrats are telling us they believe the American populace is ignorant.

Let's face it--democrats depend on ignorance to get elected.

So, If you're one of those that prefer to watch Dancing with the Stars or other reality type shows--& pay practically no attention at all as to what our government is doing. PLEASE STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE VOTING BOOTH. You're just cancelling out an educated vote.

Last edited:
Well now, this could be embrassing. How will Brown explain a loss with Coakley out campaigning for him? As we have seen here. Obama nation will even take being called stupid and still vote the way he tells them to.

I just hope, like you are suspicious of, that our rampantly corrupt government here in MA actually counts the votes properly.

I'm from Illinois, I know of what you speak. Hope they have enough election workers from all parties.

She points to Brown and says he is just going to continue on the 'Bush/Cheney' path (isn't that horse dead yet??) and completely ignores the fact that Obama is carrying on same just ratcheted up by 1,000. :rolleyes: Natch.

"In MA we have everybody insured and we don't have costs down." Did she even listen to what she said?? If it isn't working in MA how is it suppose to work for the whole country?

"People don't focus in on those issues" (that health care as it is now keeps going up and is unsustainable). Uh, does she listen to what people are saying? Yes people want health care reform ... real health care reform not this monstrosity that they are trying to pass that will not reduce costs. She gives people way too little credit for being knowledgeable about this; big mistake on her part.

"Saying 'no' to any progress is going to be worse than moving forward". Again, she is missing the point that people get it and that the Rs aren't saying 'no' to HC reform, they are saying no to this pile of garbage that the Ds are bullshitting as 'reform'.

She dismisses polls. She'd better start paying attention to the polls and not just the ones pertaining to the election tomorrow.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

1. tea parties will look like nothing if this happens - Annie's earlier point about voter anger is right on

2. every other bill Barack tries to pass will die if they do this, which might not be a bad thing, got lots of Dems in swing states who are already very nervous about their vote on this thing most of the country doesn't want

3. first bill made it through the house by 5 votes, so if just 3 of 435 start making Brown because of the Brown development, won't make it through, Pelosi already told Obama not to expect the senate bill to go through

No the real problem is that Democrat buffoons like Coakley don't understand their own Legislation. Did Coakley even read it yet? I seriously doubt she has. The Voters aren't the problem. Democrats like Coakley are. Go get em Mr. Brown!

She points to Brown and says he is just going to continue on the 'Bush/Cheney' path (isn't that horse dead yet??)

Democrats in 2050 will still be talking about it as this rate

I would never hire any of these people, because they know nothing about strategy and always overplay their hand. Bush sucked, but he's gone. Obama sucks, and he's still here.

Martha Coakley interview

This type of attitude (Americans are too stupid to understand anything) has been reflected in the democrat party attitude for many years. Nancy Pelosi's recent comment about Obama--basically stating that campaign promises are always made that are broken & laughing about it. This over someone asking her about the 7 or 8 promises from Obama about the health care bill being "transperent"--then Nancy goes on to state that this administration is transperant. I mean one would really have to be fairly stupid to believe that.

So--one would have to believe that all these comments from democrats are telling us they believe the American populace is ignorant.

Let's face it--democrats depend on ignorance to get elected.

So, If you're one of those that prefer to watch Dancing with the Stars or other reality type shows--& pay practically no attention at all as to what our government is doing. PLEASE STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE VOTING BOOTH. You're just cancelling out an educated vote.

Seriously, if they really believed the American people were not so fucking stupid they'd have no reason to put forward all the policies to take care of the ignorant masses. Give me a candidate that believes in the innate commonsense of the populace and I'll show you a winner. Doesn't matter which party, McCain could be as condescending as the best of them, but he did 'hear' reaction and change his tone.

1. tea parties will look like nothing if this happens - Annie's earlier point about voter anger is right on

2. every other bill Barack tries to pass will die if they do this, which might not be a bad thing, got lots of Dems in swing states who are already very nervous about their vote on this thing most of the country doesn't want

3. first bill made it through the house by 5 votes, so if just 3 of 435 start making Brown because of the Brown development, won't make it through, Pelosi already told Obama not to expect the senate bill to go through

Agreed on all points, however I was trying to point out that by all appearances the Democrats don't care about voter anger, one might call it "Kamikaze Politics" if one didn't know any better.

Forum List

Back