Coakley to voters: You're Not Smart Enough to Understand Health Care

sorry ed i beat you to it. So much for lumping me and the others into your broadbrush Neo-Limbaugh group.
Yes you did beat me to it, but your post was not up when I started my reply. But CON$ have been using that excuse for years pretending that Stuttering LimpBoy is not the GOP water boy, something even he admitted in a moment of depression after the 2009 GOP loss.

November 8, 2006
RUSH: I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried

This type of attitude (Americans are too stupid to understand anything) has been reflected in the democrat party attitude for many years.
There is that CON$ervative projection consistent with the first quote in my sig.

The CONdescending CON$ always claim to be smarter and more informed than anyone who disagrees with them and dares to vote different from them.

September 3, 2008
RUSH: You know, it's a sad shame we've got so many stupid people in this country that we have to deal with, but we do.

April 2, 2008
RUSH: I keep telling people: The most expensive commodity we have in this country is ignorance, not gasoline, not rice, not wheat, not corn. The most expensive commodity we have is the ignorance of way too many Americans.

May 2, 2008
RUSH: And I'm thinking, if I'm your average, ignorant klutz American -- you know, there are too many ignorant people, the most expensive commodity --

December 6, 2007
RUSH: As I said yesterday, the most expensive commodity in this country is ignorance. We pay more for ignorance than anybody could dare calculate. They are exploiting that ignorance about climate science. They demonize capitalism. "Democratic governments have no choice but to cater to the ignorance/alarm/hypocrisy engendered in their electorates.
Now, what is meant by that is, here we're a democracy, and people run for office and they get elected... on the ignorance the average American has

sorry ed i beat you to it. So much for lumping me and the others into your broadbrush Neo-Limbaugh group.
Of course, you had no problem with oreo's broadbrush. After all, you are very evenhanded.

I believe there is an active thread devoted to bashing Rush Limbaugh and other conservative radio talk show hosts, so why don't we get back on topic here?

I bet Ed, a few Democrat members of Congress who aren't running for re-election in November, and the President and his cronies, er White House personnel, are the only ones who want Coakley to win. Her defeat would be the best thing that has happened to the Democrats all year long and they know it. They could finally look forward to having somebody to blame (Republicans) for not passing two of the worst pieces of legislation devised in our lifetime and one that a rapidly growing majority of Americans do not want.

And then they hope to have most of the year to adopt a more moderate agenda and repair the damage before the November election.

I believe there is an active thread devoted to bashing Rush Limbaugh and other conservative radio talk show hosts, so why don't we get back on topic here?

I bet Ed, a few Democrat members of Congress who aren't running for re-election in November, and the President and his cronies, er White House personnel, are the only ones who want Coakley to win. Her defeat would be the best thing that has happened to the Democrats all year long and they know it. They could finally look forward to having somebody to blame (Republicans) for not passing two of the worst pieces of legislation devised in our lifetime and one that a rapidly growing majority of Americans do not want.

And then they hope to have most of the year to adopt a more moderate agenda and repair the damage before the November election.

If I were a Democratic strategist, that would be my advice. Funny how no Democrats call me about advice like that. :lol:

If I were a Democratic strategist, that would be my advice. Funny how no Democrats call me about advice like that. :lol:

LOL. Well I don't think they're allowed to be truthful about things like that. :)

I think most of them no longer give a darn whether President Obama looks good or not at this point, and they will happily throw him under the bus if they can save their own skins by doing so. For him, of course, it is a matter of ego. He doesn't want to take the hit especially after personally supporting Coakley, and he desperately wants a healthcare bill to brag about at the State of Union Address in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, he sure doesn't have anything to hold up as much of an accomplishment.

LOL. Well I don't think they're allowed to be truthful about things like that. :)

I think most of them no longer give a darn whether President Obama looks good or not at this point, and they will happily throw him under the bus if they can save their own skins by doing so. For him, of course, it is a matter of ego. He doesn't want to take the hit especially after personally supporting Coakley, and he desperately wants a healthcare bill to brag about at the State of Union Address in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, he sure doesn't have anything to hold up as much of an accomplishment.

Well...there is that hard won Nobel Peace Prize he could wave around. How about the climate accord? Victory in Afghanistan? Getting Pelosi to shut up? Got Barney Franks to quit?

Okay, this is a little mean, but I can't resist. It does sort of illustrate why Obama is so desperate for some kind of success prior to the State of Union Address:

AAAObama.jpg

And it is stuff like this that will be one of the reasons for why Coakley gets voted out in Massachusetts if that in fact happens. When even CNN pundits smell the stench, there may actually be hope to return to some sort of sanity:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6_xgKWzhRw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6_xgKWzhRw[/ame]

I wish I was smart enough to understand health care as well as Coakley :lol:.

I wonder if she realizes the senate bill contains the same provision that she is giving Scott Brown a hard time about trying to add to our MA health bill. That provision being allowing catholic hospitals to not give abortions.

Holy Hypocracy

Last edited:
What is everyone's take on the health care bill, should Brown win? It seems to me that excepting the Senate version as passed is the only viable way to get it done. Of course, that means the tax on "cadillac" plans holds and Obama's attempt to help out unions is void.

Democratic House members have to swallow the whole pill and are first to face the 2010 election buzzsaw. How many will follow the party line under these circumstances?

What is everyone's take on the health care bill, should Brown win? It seems to me that excepting the Senate version as passed is the only viable way to get it done. Of course, that means the tax on "cadillac" plans holds and Obama's attempt to help out unions is void.

Democratic House members have to swallow the whole pill and are first to face the 2010 election buzzsaw. How many will follow the party line under these circumstances?

I just saw self-described Independant Democrat Joe Liberman say there are plans to delay the confirmation long enough to pass the bill before Scott Brown is in, IF he wins.

I just saw self-described Independant Democrat Joe Liberman say there are plans to delay the confirmation long enough to pass the bill before Scott Brown is in, IF he wins.

You might delay a close election result, but anything beyond a 3% difference is going to sail through.

You might delay a close election result, but anything beyond a 3% difference is going to sail through.

you dont know my state very well ;).

We changed laws 2 times in the last decade just to suit the agenda of the DNC, we will do it again if we have to :cuckoo:

I think it will be very close, closer than 3%. Waiting for some exit polling to show up on the news now.

you dont know my state very well ;).

We changed laws 2 times in the last decade just to suit the agenda of the DNC, we will do it again if we have to :cuckoo:

I think it will be very close, closer than 3%. Waiting for some exit polling to show up on the news now.

Last night Shep Smith said that when Teddy was first elected he was seated the next day. If Brown wins and the Dems pull a Franklin or whatever . . . . the price they pay will be their jobs. My personal opinion is that they will do whatever it takes to pass this pile of dung. Period. They don't care about what we the people want - or don't want-, they don't care that it isn't 'reform', they don't care that it is as far from bipartisan as you can get, they don't care about anything else except handing Barry a bill to sign, a 'win'. They care about that and more power and control in government's paws. And yes, they are willing to do a hara-kiri over it.

Last night Shep Smith said that when Teddy was first elected he was seated the next day. If Brown wins and the Dems pull a Franklin or whatever . . . . the price they pay will be their jobs. My personal opinion is that they will do whatever it takes to pass this pile of dung. Period. They don't care about what we the people want - or don't want-, they don't care that it isn't 'reform', they don't care that it is as far from bipartisan as you can get, they don't care about anything else except handing Barry a bill to sign, a 'win'. They care about that and more power and control in government's paws. And yes, they are willing to do a hara-kiri over it.

"we the people" depends on whom we elect. yet, despite having a 60 seat senate majority and the white house and the house of representatives, the people who claim THEY are "we the people" haven't shut up for five seconds to allow anything to be discussed intelligently; haven't participated in the process except to shriek and obfuscate...

you think it's ok for a very loud group to interfere with "we the people"?

We're Not Smart Enough to Understand Health Care and Coakley is not smart enough to run a campaign. Which brings me to the following argument:

Dearest darling Nancy Coakley,
I am a strong admirer of yours. I think that you are the greatest thing to come along since Karl Marx, and you probably have the same ideas that he had too.

Would you like my dog to become your campaign manager? The reason that I am offering the services of my dog is that he would obviously be better than the dog running your campaign now – or maybe it’s the dog that is in the campaign that is a loser. It is sure beginning to look that way. We should know by Tuesday night.

RykerWrite at talkinnow.com

"we the people" depends on whom we elect. yet, despite having a 60 seat senate majority and the white house and the house of representatives, the people who claim THEY are "we the people" haven't shut up for five seconds to allow anything to be discussed intelligently; haven't participated in the process except to shriek and obfuscate...

you think it's ok for a very loud group to interfere with "we the people"?

Jillian, we are NOT a parliamentary system. The minority has the right to shriek if they think it appropriate. However, I've heard no shrieking and little obfuscation by any elected members of the GOP. On the other hand, we've heard lots of shrieking about how IF this massive confiscation of a sixth of the economy fails to pass, people will be dying on the streets.

No, the folks with the 60 seats, the majority in the House, control of the executive branch are those that have been shrieking, lying, obfuscating and refusing to listen to the people in polls, phone calls, emails, snail mails, and tea parties.

Forum List

Back