CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy?

You asked what he has done to harm the economy: Enacting Legislation that increases the costs of running a business during an economic disaster is more than stupid, it is irresponsible, and indicative of Obama's slavish devotion to party politics over national interests.

Sorry if you still don't get it, but I draw the line at drawing pictures for what I perceive to be semi-adults.

I'm still waiting for the hard and fast numbers showing how much businesses have been hurt (P&L) by this legislation. I am not saying they do not exist, merely that I have not seen them.

What numbers would you like to see?

Frankly, you don't need to have a Harvard PhD in Economics and a 10 year CBO study to know that if businesses face increased costs based on their employee numbers, and sales are down, then they're not going to hire MORE employees.

Something tangible. CAT initially balked at the reform stating it would cost them somewhere in the neighborhood of $100M (do not quote me on that exact figure). So, has it?

Say it with me now...."Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh"

CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy? - CNN.com

The bureau found the recession officially ended in June 2009, five months after Obama took office.

And before a single stimulus dollar went out.

Meaning democrats suck big time. It was over and you guys still did nothing but waste money,.

If you define recession by the traditional definition, yes you're correct.

End of recession as traditionally defined doesn't equal restoration of the economy or end of suffering.

And for the last time - Your avy - Is that Wolfenstein?

No it doesnt. HIRING IS THE LAGGING INDICATOR IT IS OVER. However it has gotten worse without slipping into the double dip. Why is it this time? Policy..............

The avatar is just a guy at a pistol range. For some reason the annimation portion doesnt work here.

The bureau found the recession officially ended in June 2009, five months after Obama took office.

Meaning democrats suck big time. It was over and you guys still did nothing but waste money,.

End of recession as traditionally defined doesn't equal restoration of the economy or end of suffering.

No it doesnt. HIRING IS THE LAGGING INDICATOR IT IS OVER. However it has gotten worse without slipping into the double dip. Why is it this time? Policy..............

The avatar is just a guy at a pistol range. For some reason the annimation portion doesnt work here.

Cuyo is correct. You can have jobless recovery in an end to a recession.

I am not arguing against that, I am just saying current policy is the reason.

I am not arguing against that, I am just saying current policy is the reason.

Current policy is the reason for what? A recovery?

Deregulation of banks allowed for the destruction of the economy.

Only halfway true.

The firms responsible for the bulk of the problem were never regulated to begin with.

You could more aptly say "Failure to regulate quasi-banks allowed for the destruction of the economy."

Wrong; Barney Frank was watching Fannie and Freddy like they were a tranny couple in Bangkok.

Fannie and Freddy were followers, not leaders, and they were largely marginalized by the height of the collapse due to earlier accounting scandals.

It's only because they are quasi-governmental agencies that the right sees it fit to attack them. If they were fully private firms, you'd never even hear their names mentioned. That's how insignificant they were by the time the shit hit the fan.

Regulation by his assholes is one thing. The EPA shutdown Shell's big oil drilling project in Alaska after they invested millions.

The constant threats of raising the corporate tax rate, the constant threats of cap & trade, etc.

You are an idiot to not see how constant threats and real actions of picking and choosing which companies/industries are his buddies harms the economic growth in this country.

Companies have been harmed by his regulations and others are doing nothing to prevent getting targeted too....so they don't grow their companies with new investment.

Oh, let's not forget the Obamacare bullshit putting more long term costs on companies. Idiots like you didn't think that would harm the economy, forcing companies to pay for their employees healthcare...uh, they will hire less people.

He made it worse.

Many of the economic problems can be traced back to Democrat passed laws (CRA) and policies/regulation when Democrats owned Congress under Bush.

So idiots that started this mess made it worse when they controlled both the White House and Congress.

Obama is Carter x 10 when it comes to stupidity and liberal extremism.

I wholeheartedly agree that our economy hasn't even begun to turn around under Obama. However, I simply wanted to get the "Obama destroyed our economy meme" off the table, as the new link supports.

Got anything specific?

so is it possible this is part of the "W-shaped" recovery that many spoke of a couple years ago? as opposed to a new recession?

:confused: A guy at a pistol range? It's clearly a cartoon and not a real 'guy...' But I digress...

Are you suggesting that hiring plays into the definition that prompted you to say " the recession officially ended in June 2009?" If so, why has UE continued to rise since that time?

Only halfway true.

The firms responsible for the bulk of the problem were never regulated to begin with.

You could more aptly say "Failure to regulate quasi-banks allowed for the destruction of the economy."

Wrong; Barney Frank was watching Fannie and Freddy like they were a tranny couple in Bangkok.

Fannie and Freddy were followers, not leaders, and they were largely marginalized by the height of the collapse due to earlier accounting scandals.

It's only because they are quasi-governmental agencies that the right sees it fit to attack them. If they were fully private firms, you'd never even hear their names mentioned. That's how insignificant they were by the time the shit hit the fan.

Believe whatever you want.

If you have government subsidized competitors in the mortgage market, then the unsubsidized mortgage companies must resort to high risk tactics to remain competitive.

Its not rocket science.

:confused: A guy at a pistol range? It's clearly a cartoon and not a real 'guy...' But I digress...

Are you suggesting that hiring plays into the definition that prompted you to say " the recession officially ended in June 2009?" If so, why has UE continued to rise since that time?
Do you understand the difference in reading avy and signature?

Then clarify your question....................

Regulation by his assholes is one thing. The EPA shutdown Shell's big oil drilling project in Alaska after they invested millions.

The constant threats of raising the corporate tax rate, the constant threats of cap & trade, etc.

You are an idiot to not see how constant threats and real actions of picking and choosing which companies/industries are his buddies harms the economic growth in this country.

Companies have been harmed by his regulations and others are doing nothing to prevent getting targeted too....so they don't grow their companies with new investment.

Oh, let's not forget the Obamacare bullshit putting more long term costs on companies. Idiots like you didn't think that would harm the economy, forcing companies to pay for their employees healthcare...uh, they will hire less people.

He made it worse.

Many of the economic problems can be traced back to Democrat passed laws (CRA) and policies/regulation when Democrats owned Congress under Bush.

So idiots that started this mess made it worse when they controlled both the White House and Congress.

Obama is Carter x 10 when it comes to stupidity and liberal extremism.

Got anything specific?

The best thing Republicans have in their favor is "imagination". They don't bother with facts, data or statistics because they have "threats" and "what if" and "imagination".

They imagined that Saddam was a threat. They imagined what Iraq would be like if they destroyed the Iraqi people's government. How'd that work out?

They imagine all the new jobs if corporations or rich people didn't pay taxes. How'd that work out?

They imagine what banks could do if deregulated. How'd that work out?

Republican Imagination, their most powerful weapon, scares the shit out of me. It always leads to disaster.

Forum List

Back