CNN doctors photo of Ft. Lauderdale shooter Esteban Santiago

more fake news - big surprise, right?

God forbid that an Arabic or Hispanic looking fella be the culprit - screws up the narrative

let's see if we can make him look white!

I'm not even mad anymore - the whole thing is just ridiculous

the article is from Gateway Pundit, so it's not the most credible source in the world - I know,

This COULD have been a flaw & just the way the photo came out

But with CNN, I doubt it - they are definitely not afraid to rearrange facts to fit their narrative...

Granny says dey shoulda revoked his permission to bring a gun onna airplane...
icon_grandma.gif

Fort Lauderdale shooting suspect's gun 'given back after health tests'
Sat, 07 Jan 2017 - A gun taken from the Florida airport shooting suspect during health tests "was returned to a month later".
Alaskan police said it was unclear if it was the gun used in the attack. Esteban Santiago, 26, opened fire in Fort Lauderdale airport after flying from Alaska with a gun in his luggage. Five people died, among them Georgia resident Olga Woltering, originally from Ipswich in eastern England. Mr Santiago had walked into an FBI office in Alaska in November, agitated and incoherent, the FBI and Anchorage police said. He was carrying a loaded magazine but had left his handgun in his car, with his newborn child. During the later mental health evaluation, he told the FBI he was hearing voices and believed he was being controlled by a US intelligence agency. But the authorities found no wrongdoing, and the gun was returned in December.

Karen Loeffler, the US attorney for Alaska, told journalists: "As far as I know this is not a person that would have been prohibited from having a gun." She explained that federal law only allows for gun rights to be taken away from someone on mental health grounds if they are "adjudicated mentally ill". FBI agent George Piro said earlier that the suspect had travelled to Fort Lauderdale specifically to carry out the attack. There was no sign of any altercation on the flight or at the airport before the attack began, Mr Piro said. Federal charges have been filed against Mr Santiago and they should be outlined in detail later on Saturday. Mr Piro said: "We continue to look at all avenues and all motives for this horrific attack. We are continuing to look at the terrorism angle in regards to the potential motivation."

_93307149_mediaitem93307148.jpg

This booking (arrest, custody, mugshot) photo provided by the Broward Sheriff"s Office shows suspect Esteban Ruiz Santiago, 26, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017, in Fort Lauderdale​

Mr Santiago is a former member of the Puerto Rico and Alaska National Guard, according to the Pentagon. He served in Iraq from April 2010 to February 2011, and ended his service in August 2016. US media reported that he had received a general discharge from the Alaska National Guard for unsatisfactory performance. His brother said he had been receiving psychological treatment recently. His aunt told a local newspaper he had "lost his mind" while serving in Iraq. Olga Woltering, a devout Catholic in her 80s, was named as a victim by her Atlanta church, the Catholic Church of the Transfiguration. It described her as a "joyful, loving, caring and committed" person. "This is a horrible tragedy for everyone here at Transfiguration, especially because Olga was so loved," it said. Ms Woltering, from Marietta near Atlanta, was in Florida on her way to a cruise to celebrate her husband's 90th birthday. He was unharmed in the shooting.

Another victim, 57-year-old Iowa man Michael Oehme, was named by his sister, Elizabeth Oehme-Miller. A third victim was named as Terry Andres, 63, a volunteer fireman from Virginia Beach, Virginia. Fort Lauderdale Airport reopened on Saturday but Terminal 2, where the shootings happened, remains closed. Airport officials say they still have 20,000 items of luggage to return to their owners. A tweet from the airport account said this was a "complex and time-consuming process". When the gunman opened fire, many people rushed out on to the tarmac. A White House spokesman said President Barack Obama had expressed his condolences to the relatives of the victims. In a tweet, President-elect Donald Trump sent his "thoughts and prayers".

Flying with firearms is legal in the US as long as the guns are kept in a locked, hard-sided container as checked baggage only, under rules of the Transport Security Administration (TSA). Ammunition is also allowed only in checked luggage. The attack was the latest in a series of mass shootings in the US in recent years, carried out by people who said they were inspired by jihadist groups, were loners or mentally disturbed, who had easy access to weapons under US gun laws. Last year, in the worst shooting in recent US history, a man apparently inspired by so-called Islamic State killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

Fort Lauderdale shooting suspect's gun 'given back after health tests' - BBC News

See also:

Details Emerge About Suspected Florida Airport Gunman
January 7, 2017 | WASHINGTON — Iraq war veteran Esteban Santiago is suspected of fatally shooting five people and wounding eight others at the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Friday afternoon.
The young Iraq war veteran suspected of fatally shooting five people and wounding eight others at Fort Lauderdale’s international airport Friday had become mentally agitated in recent weeks, family members said, despite his happiness over the birth of a son less than four months ago. Esteban Santiago, 26, was in custody following the attack, being questioned by local and federal law enforcement. Eyewitnesses described an eerily calm assailant who fired bursts from a semiautomatic handgun at fellow airline passengers as they clustered around a baggage carousel — and then just as calmly tossed his weapon away and positioned himself spread-eagle on the ground, waiting for police to arrest him.

The country’s largest mass shooting of the new year threw the busy Florida airport into chaos, with thousands of travelers and airport staff fleeing onto walkways and the tarmac as emergency responders and law enforcement officers, many heavily armed and in tactical gear, rushed to the scene. In addition to the eight people hurt in the shooting, 37 others were injured in the chaotic aftermath, authorities said. The Federal Aviation Administration said it had grounded flights around the country destined for Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, but some flights that were landing when the shooting broke out shortly before 1 p.m. were stranded for hours on the tarmac with passengers aboard. Hundreds more people were trapped as security forces swept the airport.

US_NEWS_FLA_AIRPORT_SHOOTING_36_MI.5870e272cec28.jpg

Authorities said multiple people have died after a lone suspect opened fire at the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Jan. 6.​

As the attack unfolded, the Transportation Safety Administration said on Twitter that there was an active shooter in the airport and urged people inside to shelter in place. Later, television video showed long lines of people trudging with their luggage away from the terminals or milling around outside, with most vehicles still blocked from entering the closed airport. President-elect Donald Trump tweeted that he was following the “horrific events” at the airport — briefed by Republican Florida Gov. Rick Scott, who said he had phoned Trump rather than calling President Barack Obama. The White House said Obama was briefed about the attack by staff. The trajectory of Santiago’s life had taken him from balmy Puerto Rico to snowy Anchorage. Along the way, many troubling signs emerged.

A federal law enforcement official said Santiago boarded a Delta Air Lines flight in Anchorage and flew to Fort Lauderdale by way of Minneapolis. Authorities are investigating whether he got into a dispute with another passenger on the Anchorage-to-Minneapolis leg of the flight, said the official, who was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly. After getting off the plane, the gunman retrieved his baggage and went to the bathroom, where he pulled out the gun, the official said. Unloaded firearms can be legally checked in baggage in a secure container if declared, according to TSA regulations. Law enforcement authorities said the suspect was taken into custody without any additional shots being fired, and no other suspects have been identified. Authorities said the motive was unknown. But worrying details of the suspect’s life in Alaska were beginning to emerge.

MORE

Last edited:
Jim Hoft is so full of shit the toilet is jealous.

Granny says, "Dat's right - give him a trial an' den hang his butt...
icon_grandma.gif

Airport shooting suspect gets public defender in court
January 9, 2017 — The Iraq war veteran held in the fatal shooting of five people inside Fort Lauderdale's airport was appointed a federal public defender on Monday after telling a judge that he has no job and only $5 or $10 in the bank.
Esteban Santiago, 26, spoke clearly during a brief hearing before U.S. Magistrate Judge Alicia Valle, who ordered him held until his next hearings. Shackled in a red jumpsuit in the heavily guarded federal courtroom, Santiago answered mostly yes or no to questions, and told the judge he understands the charges, which include committing violence against people at an international airport resulting in death, and two firearms offenses. She told him the death penalty could apply. "We are telling you the maximum penalty allowed by law so that you understand the seriousness of the charges," the judge said.

He said he had been in the Army, where he made about $15,000 a year. He mentioned expenses including $560 in monthly rent, plus phone and other utility bills. He said he owns no property and doesn't have a vehicle. He said he had worked for a security company, Signal 88, in Anchorage, Alaska, until November, making $2,100 a month, but currently only had $5 to $10 in the bank. Given his finances, the judge decided he's eligible for government lawyers at taxpayer expense. Valle set a detention hearing for Jan. 17, followed by an arraignment for entering a plea for Jan. 23. More than a dozen officers kept watch outside the courthouse, carrying rifles and wearing bulletproof vests. There were also mounted police and K-9 units.

The charges don't specifically use the word murder, but the effects of one of the gun charges and the airport charge are the same because they cover actions that result in a person's death and can result in capital punishment, said former federal prosecutor David S. Weinstein. "Under federal law, there are many statutes that cover the killing of another human being and unlike state statutes, they are not specifically titled murder. But the elements of the crime and the definition of murder are the same," he said.

State authorities could file first-degree murder charges against Santiago, but that's unnecessary for now, Weinstein added, because there is no statute of limitations on murder. If something were to go wrong in federal court, the state could then proceed against him, he said. No links to international terrorism have been found, the FBI has said. But if they surface, federal prosecutors could obtain an updated grand jury indictment to add terror-related charges, Weinstein added. "Their focus right now will be on the existing three charges and the continuing investigation," he said.

MORE

See also:

It Will Be Hard to Know Where Mental Illness and ISIS Followers Intertwine
January 9, 2017 – Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) told “Fox News Sunday” that it would be “hard to know in situations” like the shooting massacre at the Ft. Lauderdale airport on Friday by a U.S. military veteran where mental illness and ISIS followers intertwine.
“Clearly, this person walked into the FBI, we know this now, and said that he was watching ISIS videos. It's sometimes I think going to be hard in these situations to know where someone who has mental illness, and also is an ISIS follower, and where that sometimes they can be intertwined,” Nunes said. Esteban Santiago garnered the attention of the FBI several months ago when he told the FBI’s Anchorage office that an intelligence agency was telling him to watch ISIS videos, CNN reported. He brought a loaded pistol magazine into the FBI office, according to Anchorage Police Chief Chris Tolley, but left his gun and child in the car. The police kept his gun but returned it to him when he went to the police station in December. It’s believed to be the same gun found at the scene of the Friday’s shooting.

After his encounter with the FBI, the agency looked into Santiago’s background and did not find any ties to terrorism, CNN reported. The FBI told police to get Santiago a mental health evaluation, and he voluntarily checked himself in. “Let's talk first about the terrible attack in Fort Lauderdale, where five people were killed, six people were wounded. Any evidence this is terror-related?” Fox News host Chris Wallace asked.

“Well, the investigation is ongoing. Clearly, this person walked into the FBI, we know this now, and said that he was watching ISIS videos. It's sometimes I think going to be hard in these situations to know where someone who has mental illness, and also is an ISIS follower, and where that sometimes they can be intertwined, and I think we just have to let the FBI go through this and see if there is any actual data or evidence to show that this was an ISIS follower,” Nunes said. “Of course, the big question people have is, how did this happen? And could it happen again, particularly with the guy having walked into the FBI office? Should he have been on a no-fly list? Should he have been allowed to carry a gun, check it in his baggage and take on the flight with him?” Wallace asked.

“Well, right, this is -- this is the big challenge that the FBI faces with -- you know, there's investigations going on in all 50 states with ISIS followers and people who are -- who claim they’re ISIS followers, and so, some of these cases get close and I think in this case, this one probably shouldn't have been closed,” Nunes replied. “As chair -- you say it shouldn’t have been closed,” Wallace asked. “It shouldn’t have been closed,” Nunes responded. “So, do you think the FBI messed up?” Wallace asked. “Well, look, I think the FBI would tell you that this is -- this is not what the FBI wants. I mean, they do a very good job, but they -- obviously, they missed this one,” Nunes said.

Nunes on Ft. Lauderdale Shooter: It Will Be Hard to Know Where Mental Illness and ISIS Followers Intertwine

• Banned
Hello, conspiracy nut.

How do you feel about this thread this morning? Regret it? Want to retract it?

No little Cyka, because the only nuts are the ones who still need a Governmental tit.

The source seems to have retracted it's claim of a "doctored photo"...

Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story claimed CNN had doctored a photo of the killer. The photo was not accurate and was not posted by CNN today after the Ft. Lauderdale shooting.

Hello, conspiracy nut.

No little Cyka, because the only nuts are the ones who still need a Governmental tit.

:lol:

So you aren't man enough to admit you were suckered?

I'm not surprised.

I guess if I were a man I' say yeah, but since i'm not NO, and just because you CNN lovers can't seem to figure out how many times these assholes have been caught lying it's no wonder your all clueless to reality.

Hello, conspiracy nut.

I'm not surprised.

I guess if I were a man I' say yeah, but since i'm not NO, and just because you CNN lovers can't seem to figure out how many times these assholes have been caught lying it's no wonder your all clueless to reality.

Apologies, then.

So you're not woman enough to admit you were suckered?

The source seems to have retracted it's claim of a "doctored photo"...

Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story claimed CNN had doctored a photo of the killer. The photo was not accurate and was not posted by CNN today after the Ft. Lauderdale shooting.

Oh they will always come up with bs claim to cover their asses " CNN" or whoever got the wrong information out there.
I'm sure they doctored it, it's just they got caught doing that with what's his name to during the Trayvon Martin case. Doctoring Photos. lol

Hello, conspiracy nut.

I'm not surprised.

Apologies, then.

I wasnt suckered, CNN retracted it or the site that posted it retracted it?

Hello, conspiracy nut.

I'm not surprised.

Apologies, then.

The Gateway Pundit did and even changed the title of their article.

Hello, conspiracy nut.

I'm not surprised.

1st. Notice it's not my usual source
2nd at the time it was posted it was accurate
3rd BFD it's now been retracted , ain't my damn fault that when I posted this YESTERDAY it's been updated since then. SO HELL NO and I don't have to worry if I am WOMAN enough to admit anything. Esp. since I've not checked on it since then.

Ever hear a term from a certain group of military men say when they marry a woman those particular women are often a rare breed...... ?

Look How CNN Doctored Photo of Ft. Lauderdale Shooter Esteban Santiago
CNN DOCTORS PHOTO OF FT. LAUDERDALE SHOOTER ESTEBAN SANTIAGO

CNN is notorious for doing this , all to create a nice little divide among Americas. G.d. people when are you going to realize MSM is paid to put PROPAGANDA out so you all go at each other's throats and AMERICA's throat most of all.
Isn't he like the 3rd or 4th recent shooter who was former US military?

Something like that. Know what most people miss and refuse to believe, most of these shooters military or not have all been on prescribed meds when taken with other meds often can give them an urge to kill.
What's fkd up about how many don't believe, it says it on the fkn insert of the drugs. LMFAO.

Hello, conspiracy nut.

I'm not surprised.

Apologies, then.

Yeah, you were.

Gateway Pundit retracted it.

CNN never aired the supposed picture. It's not even a picture of the right Esteban Santiago.

Some Internet troll made up some "fake news", and you ate it up. You wanted to believe, so you did.

You got suckered.

I'm not surprised.

Apologies, then.

Yeah, you were.

Gateway Pundit retracted it.

CNN never aired the supposed picture. It's not even a picture of the right Esteban Santiago.

Some Internet troll made up some "fake news", and you ate it up. You wanted to believe, so you did.

You got suckered.

Not really , when I posted it that's what it was, I haven't been to it since. Ain't my fault and too bad shit happens .

I'm nowhere near the sucker of those who think they are informed and haven't a fkn clue what fake news is to begin with.

Forum List

Back