CNN Correspondent Says 'F--king N--ger' On The Air

So? Seems reasonable to me... the reporter was quoting someone else's words... and it seemed necessary for context.

Looks like our Indian friend gave the F-ing N- community some payback.

So? Seems reasonable to me... the reporter was quoting someone else's words... and it seemed necessary for context.

I agree, but I do think the facebook quote could have been read without the profanity. It was a quote in context, but it really could have been left unsaid. All she had to do was state there were profanities at that point. Everyone would have understood what was written without saying it.

She wasn't being racist by reading the quote. The racist was the idiot that wrote it and then went on a killing spree.

Immie

I agree, but I do think the facebook quote could have been read without the profanity.

Indeed, you're right. Then after premeditated profanity, she gave their premeditated apology. All in all, a load of bull.

she was probably talking about the Irish people,as you know they were the first n-words.

true dat...

when I first saw the headline, I thought the reporter was getting nailed for rolling her eyes and exclaiming "fucking *******" for the latest "blacks gone bad" thing"...

Bill,

One of the things I like about this forum is we are not constrained by a silly censorship policy. To call another participant a fucking ****** would be a gratuitous insult and probably would be subject to censure, and appropriately so. But in the example of your message you are reporting on the comment of another, so no offense is intended on your part and none should be inferred.

"Fucking ******" are only words, not some kind of religious anathema that should be feared by ignorantly superstitious primitives -- or subject to suppressive pronunciation gimmicks.

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

Last edited:
Bill,

One of the things I like about this forum is we are not constrained by a silly censorship policy. To call another participant a fucking ****** would be a gratuitous insult and probably would be subject to censure, and appropriately so. But in the example of your message you are reporting on the comment of another, so no offense is intended on your part and none should be inferred.

"Fucking ******" are only words, not some kind of religious anathema that should be feared by ignorantly superstitious primitives -- or subject to suppressive pronunciation gimmicks.

"The American negro will not truly be free until the word ****** no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin; speaking at Columbia University, December, 1964.)

the blanked-out censorship came from the quoted source...

Forum List

Back