CNN As Metaphor For the Progressive Movement

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Campbell Brown...Larry King...Lou Dobbs...Christiane Amanpour...have all left the premier left of center cable network.

Coincidence?

CNN's senior Middle East editor, Octavia Nasr...Jonathan Klein, the president of the beleaguered CNN/U.S. cable channel, is being replaced by Ken Jautz, the head of the tabloid-oriented sister channel HLN, the company said Friday.

...very popular and attractive anchor woman, Betty Nguyen, is leaving CNN news ...Another loss for the network: Abbie Boudreau has reportedly left....

The channel’s biggest star, Anderson Cooper, is close to leaving it behind, according TheWrap.com....Heidi Collins, who had been anchoring “CNN Newsroom” during that time, is leaving the network.

Tony Harris will no longer be with CNN at the end of this year.

hahaha, you left out Glen Beck. CNN needs another Anna Nicole Smith to totally put it out of its misery

hahaha, you left out Glen Beck. CNN needs another Anna Nicole Smith to totally put it out of its misery

Actually, Beck left in '08, and the ones I listed apply to 2010.

(cough) Dobbs.

My point was CNN has progressively cut out interesting programming for lowest common denominator sound bites aimed at nobody. no wonder they are swirling around the porcelain.

CNN sucks. They are almost as bad as Fox.

In fact, they give Palin the most coverage on their website. She's on their every day for the most mundane shit.

I stopped watching a while ago.

CNN sucks. They are almost as bad as Fox.

In fact, they give Palin the most coverage on their website. She's on their every day for the most mundane shit.

I stopped watching a while ago.

Candy Crowley, Fareed Zakaria, and Howard Kurtz do a very good lineup of Sunday shows.

What a lame premise. MSNBC has been steadily growing its audience for several years.

Negative. They're down from last year.

Nielsen-620x445.jpg

Someone please find a well done, through story on the impact the economic downturn has had on the poor in our nation and in particular the children. Progressive (liberal) MSM should have a few recent stories. Thanks.

What a lame premise. MSNBC has been steadily growing its audience for several years.

Negative. They're down from last year.

Nielsen-620x445.jpg

Ok, according to your little chart, MSNBC was down 0%, and Foxnews was down 5%. And CNN was down 29%.

So MSNBC has been steadily growing its share for several years, and Foxnews and CNN have been losing audience share.

Feel better?

I still cannot understand why so many insist that a newscaster or entertainer is a politican. WTF am I supposed to care who Anderson Cooper works for?

BTW, I agree CNN has lost a tremendous amount of ground as a balanced news outlet....but I dun blame the men and women who appear on camera.

I still cannot understand why so many insist that a newscaster or entertainer is a politican. WTF am I supposed to care who Anderson Cooper works for?

BTW, I agree CNN has lost a tremendous amount of ground as a balanced news outlet....but I dun blame the men and women who appear on camera.

According the the lol-logic of the OP, you are supposed to view the retirement of Larry King as a profoundly deep allegory representing the ongoing fate of America's Progressive movement.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Campbell Brown...Larry King...Lou Dobbs...Christiane Amanpour...have all left the premier left of center cable network.

Coincidence?

CNN's senior Middle East editor, Octavia Nasr...Jonathan Klein, the president of the beleaguered CNN/U.S. cable channel, is being replaced by Ken Jautz, the head of the tabloid-oriented sister channel HLN, the company said Friday.

...very popular and attractive anchor woman, Betty Nguyen, is leaving CNN news ...Another loss for the network: Abbie Boudreau has reportedly left....

The channel’s biggest star, Anderson Cooper, is close to leaving it behind, according TheWrap.com....Heidi Collins, who had been anchoring “CNN Newsroom” during that time, is leaving the network.

Couldn't get any traction in the other thread on this, I see. Carry on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/148550-obamateurism-of-the-year.html

Coincidence?

Couldn't get any traction in the other thread on this, I see. Carry on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/148550-obamateurism-of-the-year.html

Really?

Looks like the thread was, actually, prescient!
Check this out: John Roberts...

"The anchor announced he was leaving CNN's American Morning in December."
John Roberts Named Fox News Correspondent - The Hollywood Reporter

Now get this: guess where he's going?

"John Roberts is joining Fox News as an Atlanta-based senior national correspondent."

Gotta be a stake through the heart, huh?

Forum List

Back